Gaming

SaintRam

On 02/03/2017 at 21:46, ariotofmyown said:

I quite liked that gta style game set in london. Was it the getaway? A few flaws but was good picking out the bits you recognise.

Yeah. There was 2 of them.

Nearly really good games. Just let down by the pretty shocking car chases. Enemy cars are super strong, you got chased by gangs every 2 minutes and when you got out of your car to fight them then the police would show up to attack you. 

But the story, the driving without chases and the gunplay was fun. 

Been playing a load of ARK and Warhammer Vermintide lately. Vermintide is a great Left4Dead clone and ARK is Minecraft with a realistic skin and dinosaurs. Got 3 XB1's in our house so run a dedicated server on one then the wife and I connect with our own consoles and a mate and his kid connect from home on their consoles. Such good fun hunting down a T-Rex only to realise it is massively higher in level than you and then have to run for your lives :D

3 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Been playing a load of ARK and Warhammer Vermintide lately. Vermintide is a great Left4Dead clone and ARK is Minecraft with a realistic skin and dinosaurs. Got 3 XB1's in our house so run a dedicated server on one then the wife and I connect with our own consoles and a mate and his kid connect from home on their consoles. Such good fun hunting down a T-Rex only to realise it is massively higher in level than you and then have to run for your lives :D

Seen you've been playing a lot of Ark. heard mixed things, glad you're enjoying it. Interesting comparison to minecraft.

Got nowhere near enough time to invest in a game at the minute, just odd match on FIFA atm. 

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

Seen you've been playing a lot of Ark. heard mixed things, glad you're enjoying it. Interesting comparison to minecraft.

Got nowhere near enough time to invest in a game at the minute, just odd match on FIFA atm. 

It's a time sink for sure. Start naked on a beach and have to find good and water then build shelter. Then it's resource collecting to live able to make  a stronger walls, better weapons and clothes. Rinse and repeat until you are riding on the back of a tamed T-Rex killing everything in your path :D

Been screwed over by it now, if has lost the server data for the dedicated server we was running. Apparently a known issue and there is no backup system as it uses 'reserved space' on XB1 which cannot be copied. Joys of playing an Early Access game.

Well I took the plunge and purchased a Playstation VR at the weekend.

Just shy of £290 for the VR set and the camera from eBay, so I'm chuffed with the price. Should arrive tomorrow, plus being if I don't like it I should at least be able to get my money back on it. 

Didn't get the move controllers, as they're a bit pricey I think I'll wait. 

4 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

Well I took the plunge and purchased a Playstation VR at the weekend.

Just shy of £290 for the VR set and the camera from eBay, so I'm chuffed with the price. Should arrive tomorrow, plus being if I don't like it I should at least be able to get my money back on it. 

Didn't get the move controllers, as they're a bit pricey I think I'll wait. 

What are you going to play on it?

I've heard the new Resident Evil is good with the VR.

On 12/03/2017 at 06:20, Bridgford Ram said:

I'm playing Witcher 3 at the moment - it's massive and I can see me being on it for months as I like to try and complete everything (Fallout 4 took me 8 months).  I'm only level 11 in Velen at the moment so I guess it is still early days I guess, the number of missions / quests and contracts is overwhelming.

Its a bloody massive game and the levelling is slow, especially if you do quests below your level as the XP is reduced significantly from what I have read. I bought it back in the end of year sale on XBL for £25 and havent played it as much as I should because of the mountain of other games I play with the wife and mate, Im only level 8 iirc. Fallout etc its easy to forget about side quests but in TW3 they often unlock the next part of main quests that have gone cold.

12 hours ago, StringerBell said:

What are you going to play on it?

I've heard the new Resident Evil is good with the VR.

I've got the VR Worlds game and the demo disc with it. Will download what's free from the PS network (as there's a couple) and see. I've heard Resi is good too, but there's no way the missus will play that lol. 

On 24/02/2017 at 15:49, Anon said:

Pick one.

I've been trying not to sperg out and hurl my spaghetti at normal people who just want a shooty shooty bang bang game to pass some time, but if you're genuinely considering buying this you want your head checking. If Bioware still made RPGs instead of action games, if they were capable of writing dialogue that didn't read like bad fan-fiction, if their models didn't look like they were stolen from some edgy autist's deviant art page, I wouldn't care what supposed agenda their talentless writers were attempting to push. KOTOR3, DA2, ME3, how many more times does this company need to embarrassingly **** it's pants in public before people realise it has succumbed to the curse of EA? I don't even pirate games as a general rule, but the moment this gets cracked I will download and seed like there's no tomorrow, such is my hatred for modern Bioware.

37 minutes ago, Anon said:

5j6hyxzkcofy.jpg

Bioware paid Jayde Rossi to use her likeness when designing their female lead. Can Rossi sue for defamation?

I know. What have they done?

And the male lead looks exactly like the model he's based on so there is somebody at Bioware who's capable of modelling a face.

35k9154.jpg

Perhaps I'm a cynic but it does make me wonder whether it's lazy/incompetent or is this ideologically driven? We wouldn't want young teenage lads being attracted to the female lead after all because 'rape culture'.

Anita Sarkeesian's idea of the perfect female character - 

2ql7f4h.png

37 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I know. What have they done?

And the male lead looks exactly like the model he's based on so there is somebody at Bioware who's capable of modelling a face.

Perhaps I'm a cynic but it does make me wonder whether it's lazy/incompetent or is this ideologically driven? We wouldn't want young teenage lads being attracted to the female lead after all because 'rape culture'.

You are a cynic. I think it's more likely a case of Hanlon's razor, but that's due to my extremely low opinion of the Bioware developers.

I've changed my mind about Bioware though. I hope they continue making games forever. This is hilarious. It's like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

10 hours ago, Anon said:

You are a cynic. I think it's more likely a case of Hanlon's razor, but that's due to my extremely low opinion of the Bioware developers.

I've changed my mind about Bioware though. I hope they continue making games forever. This is hilarious. It's like the Star Wars prequels all over again.

On 12 March 2017 at 06:20, Bridgford Ram said:

I'm playing Witcher 3 at the moment - it's massive and I can see me being on it for months as I like to try and complete everything (Fallout 4 took me 8 months).  I'm only level 11 in Velen at the moment so I guess it is still early days I guess, the number of missions / quests and contracts is overwhelming.

8 months! Wow. I had a bored chilled week free and really got into it to start with I really didn't rate it but that changed as I progressed. Ended up doing a 'night shift 'each night just playing Fallout 4 :lol:

I did a fair amount of side missions to but like you I like to complete everything but I know if I take a few weeks off from a game I wont ever end up doing it so fair play for spreading it out over 8 months!

Loads of people say Witcher is amazing- is it better than fallout?

20 hours ago, Simsy said:

8 months! Wow. I had a bored chilled week free and really got into it to start with I really didn't rate it but that changed as I progressed. Ended up doing a 'night shift 'each night just playing Fallout 4 :lol:

I did a fair amount of side missions to but like you I like to complete everything but I know if I take a few weeks off from a game I wont ever end up doing it so fair play for spreading it out over 8 months!

Loads of people say Witcher is amazing- is it better than fallout?

That was 8 months but I do have t compete for the PS4 with my boy, I didn't play that often.  I do try and do everything and never fast travelled.

I think Witcher 3 is better than Fallout 4 in a lot of ways (both were my first exposure to either series) but then Fallout is better in other ways (Crafting / Story / Theme).  Witcher 3 is massive but my biggest criticisms are - too much reading, not enough is made of the crafting / alchemy and the map markers hardly change when you visit / resolve them meaning it is difficult to know where you have and haven't been.

Both in my top 10 games ever.