Gaming

SaintRam

5 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Which 2017 games are people excited about or have preordered?

I have preordered the following for now:

-Mass Effect: Andromeda :D

-Ghost Recon Wildlands

-RDR 2

Several others look promising as well.

Do you really trust modern Bioware to deliver anything other than a steaming pile of excrement?

I'm looking forwards to RDR2 and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Yeah that's what I've done in the end given up with the packs, did fairly well in the weekend league other week and even those packs didn't have anyone in. 

Had any luck with the squad builder challenges? Was tempted by the untradable hazard but it looked too much effort and coins for the four challenges

Yeah I liked the idea of the squad building challenges, I regret not doing the ones at the start for sterling and (I think) Barry because they would have both suited my team, but didn't bother with them because as you say too much effort and too costly for a player you can't even sell on if you don't like them

41 minutes ago, Anon said:

Do you really trust modern Bioware to deliver anything other than a steaming pile of excrement?

Loved the other ME games they did,  hopefully turns out like I want.

First RDR was brilliant  and looking forwards to second one also.Did you get 100% completion on the first one? Took me forever,but I finally did.The Undead Nightmare expansion pack I thought was pretty cool also.

1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

Loved the other ME games they did,  hopefully turns out like I want.

First RDR was brilliant  and looking forwards to second one also.Did you get 100% completion on the first one? Took me forever,but I finally did.The Undead Nightmare expansion pack I thought was pretty cool also.

I thought the first ME was fantastic, but the series really didn't live up to what we were promised. I though the 3rd was an utter debacle. I hope I'm wrong about 4.

I don't think I ever did crack 100%. I seem to remember the level 10 challenges being a pain in the backside. I didn't bother with Undead Nightmare, but that's because I hate zombies.

On 02/12/2016 at 17:21, AmericanRam said:

Which 2017 games are people excited about or have preordered?

I have preordered the following for now:

-Mass Effect: Andromeda :D

-Ghost Recon Wildlands

-RDR 2

Several others look promising as well.

Last of us 2 for me, if it's ready for 2017 that is. 

Completed Final Fantasy 15. Had to borrow a XBox one and rush it. Was brilliant shame I couldn't do side quests etc it fits people like me who have completed them all since Final Fantasy 5 and new comers to the series. Thank god they've brought back open world...!

One of the best games I've played since FF7.

On 02/12/2016 at 23:03, Anon said:

Im a little dubious about it. They are using Frostbite but it doesnt look all that amazing graphically, usually FB engine is proper wow. Also, not convinced they will fix the awful lip sync. ME 1, 2 and 3 had terrible sync with the voices and the mouth animations and the ME:A trailer has still got it. People have questioned the devs on Twitter and the devs have said the faces are placeholders and they will be working on it right up until it goes gold but I just dont believe it.

23 hours ago, StringerBell said:

There you go.

Although uncharteds great too :p

No need for a TLOU 2, should of left it at a one and one.

There is story DLC for Uncharted 4 coming out that expands the story away from Drake, will be available as standalone.

49 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Im a little dubious about it. They are using Frostbite but it doesnt look all that amazing graphically, usually FB engine is proper wow. Also, not convinced they will fix the awful lip sync. ME 1, 2 and 3 had terrible sync with the voices and the mouth animations and the ME:A trailer has still got it. People have questioned the devs on Twitter and the devs have said the faces are placeholders and they will be working on it right up until it goes gold but I just dont believe it.

No need for a TLOU 2, should of left it at a one and one.

There is story DLC for Uncharted 4 coming out that expands the story away from Drake, will be available as standalone.

Who's in that the daughter?

3 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Completed Final Fantasy 15. Had to borrow a XBox one and rush it. Was brilliant shame I couldn't do side quests etc it fits people like me who have completed them all since Final Fantasy 5 and new comers to the series. Thank god they've brought back open world...!

One of the best games I've played since FF7.

I haven't played one since 8. I used to like them but don't know if I can bear slogging my way through those random battles. Do they still do that?

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

I haven't played one since 8. I used to like them but don't know if I can bear slogging my way through those random battles. Do they still do that?

The new one you get to choose your battles it's more like Kingdom Hearts battle system if you have ever played that. Your a team of 4 and allows driving of a car (Albeit not fully just along the main roads) theres loads of features well worth looking into.

Xcom 2 has got me with a vice like grip at the moment, can't put it down. Bought it on PC at release but it just pushed my laptop too far so I grabbed it on Xbox during Black Friday. Minus some crashes on the Xbox and some slowdown (that may just be my machine being on for hours) it plays fantastically well. A tad short for my liking but then I didn't play on hard this time, I've already maxed out almost all of the gear minus one optional armour. A tougher enemy would have slowed my progress down no end. 

If you're a tactics guy or liked the previous two console releases then get it ASAP. There a few nice touches to enemy unknown in there too with the dlc missions.

On 05/12/2016 at 13:47, Ashz09 said:

The new one you get to choose your battles it's more like Kingdom Hearts battle system if you have ever played that. Your a team of 4 and allows driving of a car (Albeit not fully just along the main roads) theres loads of features well worth looking into.

I might give it a go then it looks good. Not played Kingdom Hearts though.

I quite like exploring but that was a right pain in the arse in FF7 and 8. I'd just be doing a bit of sight seeing and then the screen would go all swirly and I'd have to fight a dandelion monster or something.

11 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I might give it a go then it looks good. Not played Kingdom Hearts though.

I quite like exploring but that was a right pain in the arse in FF7 and 8. I'd just be doing a bit of sight seeing and then the screen would go all swirly and I'd have to fight a dandelion monster or something.

Know what you mean especially when you only have 10-15 minutes and you're trying to get to a save point and every 10 seconds you'd get a random fight!

Xcom 2's ending is a bit of a challenge but generally OK, finished a lot sooner than I'd have liked but it's not a short game, certainly not on the higher difficulties. I'd definitely advise anyone out there who likes to think when gaming to give it a look for Christmas, the deluxe edition was down to thirty quid during the recent sales, definitely worth that. 

Also they advertised the game with two presenters from the kids show 'How' from back in the day, they might as well have taken my money as the advert came on. Brilliant idea.