There's a real buzz about the place...

uttoxram75

Anyone else feel it.

People stopping you in the street, shouting across the road, "can't wait for the season", "you going Bolton?", "away tickets are gonna be a lot harder to get this time", "have you heard how many ST's we've sold".....and this is in Utch, 20 miles from Derby......its a bit worrying in one way that the expectation will be silly, but there is  a real belief that "we're going for it"......

Its going to be emotional, i can feel it in me watter!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People always get giddy in pre-season especially if we sign a few players. remember the fuss when johnny russell signed?

its all about results though.

I predict that we'll sell as many tickets at Bolton as they'll give us. Guaranteed huge turn out.

The first home league game will be 30k+

Winning, losing or drawing friendlies won't affect that. Most fans are intelligent enough to know that pre-season games have no bearing on the forthcoming season.

I hate the expectation being so high in one way because of all the people who suddenly turn up expecting to see Real Madrid, winning championships and cups.

We need to be realistic. I've booked hotels and trains for both the League Cup Final, FA Cup Semi-Final and Final and the Championship Play Off Final in 2016.

I hope i can get my money back on the Play Off Final. We won't need that.

You have obviously not been talking to me!

As happy as I am with the signings, I have this underlying feeling that things could go spectacularly wrong this season.

I really hope that I am proved wrong!

Exactly how I feel. I love Derby County and hope that Mel Morris can drive us into the Premier League's elite. But I'm just not sold on the idea of management by committee. I also keep reading bits about changing things to emulate Real Madrid because they are better. It always seems to me that they just throw money at a problem and if that fails, they throw some more money at it. I'm not sure that makes them better - just richer. 

I hope that my misgivings are just a result of my natural Derbyshire caution and I'm certainly not feeling negative. I'm excited by all that is happening, but there's a little voice at the back of my head going 'something feels wrong'.

Exactly how I feel. I love Derby County and hope that Mel Morris can drive us into the Premier League's elite. But I'm just not sold on the idea of management by committee. I also keep reading bits about changing things to emulate Real Madrid because they are better. It always seems to me that they just throw money at a problem and if that fails, they throw some more money at it. I'm not sure that makes them better - just richer. 

I hope that my misgivings are just a result of my natural Derbyshire caution and I'm certainly not feeling negative. I'm excited by all that is happening, but there's a little voice at the back of my head going 'something feels wrong'.

Glad I am not the only doom monger feeling this way!

Maybe the reason we feel this way is because the tables have finally turned. We've gone from that underdog team shopping in bargain land Scotland, to a championship super power bringing in the best outside the premier league.

I for one thought the pedigree of goals for instance that ince scored last season were up there with the kind we saw in the legendary days. That kind of pedigree can normally only be bought (with the exception of academy products) on a decent fee/wages.

Have to admit that I have some worries about what's happening at our club. It's been playing on my mind that so many incomings in such a short space of time will need a long bedding in period. New players take time to gel, time to get used to each other, and add into the equation a new management team with new ideas and new systems and what we will have imho is a team looking to consolidate, not storm this league. I can see us possibly making a late challenge for a play off spot, but the expectation from fans that we are going to rip this league a new one is just setting us up for a monumental fall. As much as I would like them to be right, and we do have the players to do it, I just don't think it's going to be this season. I seriously hope I'm wrong !! COYR

Anyone else feel it.

People stopping you in the street, shouting across the road, "can't wait for the season", "you going Bolton?", "away tickets are gonna be a lot harder to get this time", "have you heard how many ST's we've sold".....and this is in Utch, 20 miles from Derby......its a bit worrying in one way that the expectation will be silly, but there is  a real belief that "we're going for it"......

Its going to be emotional, i can feel it in me watter!

Nurse. NUUUUURRRRRSSSSE......

Maybe the reason we feel this way is because the tables have finally turned. We've gone from that underdog team shopping in bargain land Scotland, to a championship super power bringing in the best outside the premier league.

I for one thought the pedigree of goals for instance that ince scored last season were up there with the kind we saw in the legendary days. That kind of pedigree can normally only be bought (with the exception of academy products) on a decent fee/wages.

MAN CITY OF THE MDLANDS!!!!!!

:D

There's no hope i'm afraid.

Its incurable and infectious:D

I didn't know that Doc Marten and the staff at Dunbovverin gave out happy pills. What's the waiting time for admission?

Because I am a bit unsure that all of these sudden changes will bring the result that so many are expecting

We are all unsure. 

Bolton away will be a pressure start. 

But  lets be optimistic .

If we get Shackell we will all be more sure about things IMO as improving the defense is the key  

Archived