There's a real buzz about the place...

uttoxram75

Appreciate people's caution and views that the squad may be developing too quickly ,players needing to jell ect and a lot of changes have been made ina very short period of time.

However SM going was probably the correct decision and I am sure their were reasons that have not been made public with regard to his departure.The new signings I think have been sensible and if not improve the squad certainly give us extra cover of equal strength. I think Grant needs competition for 1st team football and we have now got that. Not sure Shotton is needed and think we still need a quality CB , and I am sure other players will follow iether on loan or when a suitable player is made available.I think PC has got the makings of a top championship team and it is now up to him and his staff to fulfil their abilities and ambitions.I am sure their will be a few hiccups throughout the season but surely no other championship team can compare to ourselves for the development and infrastructure of the football club both on and off the field ,not forgetting the strength and support from the Derby faithful.

I am delighted with all that is happening within the club and I am sure that we will soon see a few squad members departing once PC has had time with players and passed judgement.

Lets hope for a good season personally believe 21 other teams in this league and probably a few premiership fans wish their club was being as objective as our present owners. So enjoy what we have ,time to moan will be if PC and team do not start to produce after 8 or ten games. think Keogh and Albentosa should receive our full support unless proven otherwise between now and Christmas and let's hope we have a contingency plan whilst Martin injured.

ENJOY the season and COYR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else feel it.

People stopping you in the street, shouting across the road, "can't wait for the season", "you going Bolton?", "away tickets are gonna be a lot harder to get this time", "have you heard how many ST's we've sold".....and this is in Utch, 20 miles from Derby......its a bit worrying in one way that the expectation will be silly, but there is  a real belief that "we're going for it"......

Its going to be emotional, i can feel it in me watter!

Yep I feel it.......and there was a real buzz when I read your post Utch.......and Inverurie can feel the belief, I've seen men and women in the streets that usually kept their heads down looking in the gutter, have now lifted their heads and are smiling at everyone and enjoying every blue sky, but then I read 3 pages on here, and now my house is full of butterflies, anxiety, and there's a fat bookmaker named Bob, whose nibbling on a rather small biro trying to tell me that Derby County are now favourites for relegation coz they can't beat Grimsby Town in a pre season friendly, Chris Martin won't play again until Christmas coz he's too fat or something and this PC fella has no experience, and on other pages players aren't allowed any time off to be near there loved ones, dead or alive. Is it me, have i really found a DCFC fans forum or am I still stuck in the longest nightmare of my life and I've become the little cowboy kid that gets transported into a TV in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, and this really is a Nottingham Forest Football forum, and I'm trapped surrounded by a load of computer geeks that wouldn't recognise a good thing even if it looked like chocolate, tasted like chocolate, was wrapped with a Golden Ticket and had Wonka Bar written on it, and their name was Charlie Bucket...........Aaargh Fucket.....I give up, and this time last year, all I wanted was for our Manager to sort his bluudy hair out!!!!

We are the envy of every other team in our division during this close season. If, right now, you can't feel the excitement and buzz of a promising new season just round the corner, then you're going to spend your entire lives feeling sad and miserable. There are, of course, plenty of people who enjoy wallowing in misery. It's not for me. The Rams are going places and I'm going to love every minute of the ride.

I think that the Martin situation is now by far the most urgent. If he hasn't started training fully yet, you would have thought that must be because he hasn't yet fully healed. That is four months out injured. Even Chris Martin's biggest fans (of which I'm one) would never claim that he is a naturally fit player. With only four weeks left until the season starts he might well still be injured and if not, he'll be a long way of match fit. From memory it seems that when one of these 'let it heal naturally by resting' treatments doesn't sort it out, the player has to undergo an operation. It would be no surprise to hear that Martin is out until Christmas. I'd suggest that we don't need cover for Martin, we need a replacement - at least for half a season. The only positive there is that it'll make loaning in a striker much easier.

According to Derby Telegraph tonight, Paul Clement's saying he could be back in full training tomorrow.  

Actually Utch Im not feeling it at all mate... McLaren and that whole orrible episode end of last season is still right up my nose. Top notch to you and others though mate with the positivity.Cant fault that at all.

I reckon I might be having my 40 year Rams crisis. Im just not @rsed right now and its going to take more than a top 6 finish to change that. I think im all out of optimism... McLaren and his (in my opinion) cnut of a season has peed me off beyond anything ever before.

Its been a long 40 years supporting this club...mostly thin if Im honest. The highs have been great but few. I feel let down by former managers and players. Then we start with a 2-1 loss to Grimsby with tweedle dee and tweedle dumber at centre half... Saying " pre season friendlies are meaningless" is not entirely true. You dont get points for them but you do hope the manager spots a fault or 4.

Come on Paul Clement and co..get me out of the Derby doldrums...

Good post @StockholmRam

My thoughts about Mac are pretty close to yours. Even with the injuries he should have clinched a play off place easily. I believe he was tactically inept and naive during the last few weeks of the season.

My gut feeling is that the group of players, with a fit Thorne and the new signings, will be good enough for Mr. Clement to mould into an exciting, ball playing team with proven goalscorers in abundance!

The South Stand will hopefully step up a notch with more people joining in the singing which will encourage the others to participate in a bit of juvenile delinquency, bouncing and the like.

I am genuinely impressed with the set up at Moor Farm, the club listening to fans (remember when they said we couldn't have the SS due to police advice and segregation issues), season ticket sales after the crushing disappointment of last season......

plenty of positives, even for miserable owd feckers from Ashbun :D

Good post @StockholmRam

My thoughts about Mac are pretty close to yours. Even with the injuries he should have clinched a play off place easily. I believe he was tactically inept and naive during the last few weeks of the season.

My gut feeling is that the group of players, with a fit Thorne and the new signings, will be good enough for Mr. Clement to mould into an exciting, ball playing team with proven goalscorers in abundance!

The South Stand will hopefully step up a notch with more people joining in the singing which will encourage the others to participate in a bit of juvenile delinquency, bouncing and the like.

I am genuinely impressed with the set up at Moor Farm, the club listening to fans (remember when they said we couldn't have the SS due to police advice and segregation issues), season ticket sales after the crushing disappointment of last season......

plenty of positives, even for miserable owd feckers from Ashbun :D

Blimey...you have stepped my enthusiasm up one notch already. Keep climbing the ladder..one rung at a time. I love this club, the badge, the fans, my young history standing on the popside freezing me nuts off in all weathers..away trips to Plymouth and Darlington.... watching us score 600 goals past Finn Harps... Charlies debut v Hammers at Wembley... Roger Davies ruffling my hair as I stood on a crate to peer over the wall in the 20p boys corner in 75... But these last few years, I think starting with Billy " should have been Preston" Davies..onto " Son of God mediocraty" and then this last a## wipe... not fun and has kicked me in the goolies a bit too much. But you cant keep a good fan down for long. This club is vocational.

Archived