Centre Backs Balance

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it **** when we were 5 points clear?

Ok this is the thing we have a new manager .

He doesn't know our defensive frailties.

He will soon find out.

I was hoping for Shackell to come in. But I'm not sure he could even sort it out with our wing backs as they are .

When will people learn that defending and attacking is done as a team, not just a back four or front two/three?

Bournemouth conceded 66 goals in the 2013/14 campaign. The only changes they made to the back five were Boruc for Camp (after about 12 games in) and Daniels replacing Harte at left-back.

Are you telling me that those two changes is the reason why they conceded 21 goals less the following campaign?

The defence is what it is, top 6 Champ quality to a man, not Prem class (why would it be?). Losing all our CDMs, losing Chris Martin and Cyrus Christie forgetting how to play football are what cost us last season. Thing is, despite all the sexy signings, we're still short in all those areas, unless we're playing a different formation. Looks of things at Grimsby would say we are sticking 433, so we are short of a right back and/or cover for Thorne (depending on how you see Baird), and cover for Chrissy Martin. Same as we were in May.

We have goal threat from Bent as a game changer, we have possibly upgraded our wide areas, we'll see, and we have greater competition in goal and centre half, but the fundamentals of the squad haven't changed.

When will people learn that defending and attacking is done as a team, not just a back four or front two/three.

Bournemouth conceded 66 goals in the 2013/14 campaign. The only changes they made to the back five were Boruc for Camp (after about 12 games in) and Daniels replacing Harte at left-back.

Are you telling me that those two changes is the reason why they conceded 21 goals less the following campaign. 

The 66 goals Bournemouth conceded in the 2013-14 season were Keogh's fault

You're a very confusing person curtains :lol:

Back in January you made numerous threads saying McClaren will stay at Derby and won't leave for Newcastle and he will guide us to the Premier League. Then at the end of the season you said he had to go because he's had his heart set on Newcastle since January and he's at fault for us dropping down the league. Now a month later you're blaming it on the defence, make your mind up! :lol:

Back in January you made numerous threads saying McClaren will stay at Derby and won't leave for Newcastle and he will guide us to the Premier League. Then at the end of the season you said he had to go because he's had his heart set on Newcastle since January and he's at fault for us dropping down the league. Now a month later you're blaming it on the defence, make your mind up! :lol:

Definitely 100%. Funny though :lol:

Ask our Eddie if I said Mac was going in January or not. 

Eddie convinced me he was staying until I saw the light again. 

Some posters need to be honest with themselves they say things like your an idiot if you think Mac was going to Newcastle and then hey ho he goes. 

Thats because worryingly a good few people seem to think only defenders defend. 

They see the last line of defence and ignore the mistakes, poor marking, terrible positioning of the midfield and wingers.

Thought everyone on here was smarter than that. 

On topic though. I'd expect Shackell to come in and be first choice. He's the best CB we've had here for a while. Just hope he's not bringing those rubbish Hollywood passes to Roy in row S, seat 433. 

totally agree alpha. 

When will people learn that defending and attacking is done as a team, not just a back four or front two/three?

Are you telling me that those two changes is the reason why they conceded 21 goals less the following campaign?

The amount of times we witness a clear defensive era is shocking though. It has little to do with us attacking and defending as a team. That's the problem. 

The difference would have been by more if they replaced Camp sooner :lol:

Eddie lad did the idiots get it right in the end .

Owd Mac went to the Geordies did he not lol. 

are you on Twitter Curtains?

Archived