Centre Backs Balance

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the argument is questioning the importance of fan opinion, resorting to fan bashing is really rather important. Our fans are *****. 

fair enough. There's always going to be people that disagree with decisions, but that's a sign a passion, not because they are ungrateful. Passion isn't just celebrating. Anger is passion too. 

fair enough. There's always going to be people that disagree with decisions, but that's a sign a passion, not because they are ungrateful. Passion isn't just celebrating. Anger is passion too. 

Disagreeing with decisions is one thing, but when some of our fans tweet Derby players and even their wives abuse just because they made a mistake playing football I think it's gone a little too far

Disagreeing with decisions is one thing, but when some of our fans tweet Derby players and even their wives abuse just because they made a mistake playing football I think it's gone a little too far

Last week, someone on here said they would never forgive Keogh for Wembley. b4 said that Warnock should never wear the shirt again after being sent off. These are the typical overreactions of the Derby fan. They defend it as 'passion' but it's just idiocy.

i agree that's going too far. I criticise the player, never the person. A few people are guilty of doing the later. When things get personal then that's a line crossed. I don't think Keogh is a very good defender, but I wouldn't tweet his wife criticising his personal commitment to Derby. 

There's very little difference between our current defenders and the ones that took us so close two years ago. People are so dramatic about our defence but the majority of the league would kill to have it. 

Precisely.... We never really filled the DM role once Eustace got injured.... That was the real blow. Yet no one really takes note of that

I want to say this is officially a vintage Curtains thread but that YouTube link just wasn't quite obscure enough. Almost there though, folks.

Has anyone said "Pull yourself together, Curtains" yet?

Precisely.... We never really filled the DM role once Eustace got injured.... That was the real blow. Yet no one really takes note of that

Thats because worryingly a good few people seem to think only defenders defend. 

They see the last line of defence and ignore the mistakes, poor marking, terrible positioning of the midfield and wingers.

Thought everyone on here was smarter than that. 

On topic though. I'd expect Shackell to come in and be first choice. He's the best CB we've had here for a while. Just hope he's not bringing those rubbish Hollywood passes to Roy in row S, seat 433. 

I love it all of a sudden our defence  that was partly responsible for us going 5 points clear at the top to 8th culminating in the 0-3 Reading debacle is all of a sudden ok. 

Get real this season will be difficult with a new manager for sure even though I rate Paul Clement. 

I love it all of a sudden our defense that was partly responsible for us going 5 points clear at the top to 8th culminating in the 0-3 Reading debacle is all of a sudden ok. 

Honestly, Curtains, it's like trying to carry out a debate with a bloody brick.

I love it all of a sudden our defense that was partly responsible for us going 5 points clear at the top to 8th culminating in the 0-3 Reading debacle is all of a sudden ok. 

Firstly, no one said that. Secondly, there were far more important reasons for the collapse than our defence. If the response to what happened at the end of last season is 'buy a new defence', then I'm afraid you don't understand football.

Firstly, no one said that. Secondly, there were far more important reasons for the collapse than our defence. If the response to what happened at the end of last season is 'buy a new defence', then I'm afraid you don't understand football.

The defence is ****. 

Reply to Eddie 

Not really as I'm not happy with it in the defensive area.  

Erm are you on the wrong side of the bed????

Archived