Grimsby Town v Derby County

Day

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the highlights.... Defending... Wow... For the second goal Keogh and Shotton are too busy pointing at each other rather than defending, and for the first Christie is left with two men and Shotton went walkies and Keogh had to drop off

Linked?

Beautiful day in Stonehaven today for the Stonehaven folk festival http://www.stonehavenfolkfestival.co.uk/

I sat on the Stonehaven harbour wall with my family around me enjoying folk music, various acts along the harbour wall, kids played on the beach, folk enjoyed the beer served up by the bars on the harbour front, bikers happy and proud near there Harley Davidson's and Triumphs etc. Young couples, old couples, voices of various nationalities enjoying the blue sky and the warmth of people.

I sat there enjoying an ice cream and chatting to my older lad, whilst the misses bumped into friends and was happily chatting away. Then I looked to the left of me and I noticed a guy with a tattoo, I could only see a fraction of his tattoo, as his arm of his t-shirt was covering it up, I said to my 5 year old lad, "what do you think, that man's tattoo is?"......he replied...."Do you think it's a Ram, Dad?"........I replied...."I reckon it is, son, let's go find out"......and by the time we moved several steps, we could see more of his arm, and enjoyed seeing that beloved Derby County Ram. So I introduced myself, and found ourselves another Aberdeenshire Ram. He's a midlander, lived up here a year, and his partner is from Hull, just like me, his first name is the same as mine and I gave him my e-mail address, had a quick chat, his first game he saw Derby County was back in 83' same as me, against Grimsby I think he said, anyway I hope he sends me an e-mail, I also mentioned I posted on here. Great to meet another fellow Ram. Let the good times roll.

Highlight of the day for me was walking past the team coach and someone from the club whispering us over to give us free tickets.

Also during the pre-match warm-up did anyway see that guy in the crowd who backheeled the ball over his head back onto the pitch?

Beautiful day in Stonehaven today for the Stonehaven folk festival http://www.stonehavenfolkfestival.co.uk/

I sat on the Stonehaven harbour wall with my family around me enjoying folk music, various acts along the harbour wall, kids played on the beach, folk enjoyed the beer served up by the bars on the harbour front, bikers happy and proud near there Harley Davidson's and Triumphs etc. Young couples, old couples, voices of various nationalities enjoying the blue sky and the warmth of people.

I sat there enjoying an ice cream and chatting to my older lad, whilst the misses bumped into friends and was happily chatting away. Then I looked to the left of me and I noticed a guy with a tattoo, I could only see a fraction of his tattoo, as his arm of his t-shirt was covering it up, I said to my 5 year old lad, "what do you think, that man's tattoo is?"......he replied...."Do you think it's a Ram, Dad?"........I replied...."I reckon it is, son, let's go find out"......and by the time we moved several steps, we could see more of his arm, and enjoyed seeing that beloved Derby County Ram. So I introduced myself, and found ourselves another Aberdeenshire Ram. He's a midlander, lived up here a year, and his partner is from Hull, just like me, his first name is the same as mine and I gave him my e-mail address, had a quick chat, his first game he saw Derby County was back in 83' same as me, against Grimsby I think he said, anyway I hope he sends me an e-mail, I also mentioned I posted on here. Great to meet another fellow Ram. Let the good times roll.

Is the lido open yet? Heading up there next weekend for family visit. Beautiful place when the sun shines but baltic in the winter.

Early days for the team today, let them get the pre season done and lets show the league we mean business.

His first name is Inverurie?

Hell of a coincidence that mate!

Walking round IntuDerby today i saw a few Rams shirts dotted around but my day was ruined by 2 Manure shirts and a feckin Stoke shirt:angry:

Dint last long though as i am now the proud owner of a brand new shiny Rams shirt after a quick visit to the Ramtique!

Is the lido open yet? Heading up there next weekend for family visit. Beautiful place when the sun shines but baltic in the winter.

Early days for the team today, let them get the pre season done and lets show the league we mean business.

Yep lido is open and we really should have been in it today. But my eldest lad had been at swimming classes every night of last week in Inverurie and didn't fancy a swim today, so we all opted to give it a miss, but I'm sure we'll be in it, some time over the next few weeks. The land train is running and massive queues were outside Auntie Betty's Ice Cream shop, when we passed. Hope the sun is out, when you are up next weekend CWC1983.

cheers min, always take the mrs (derby born) to the chipper by the lido to buy her proper fish & chips. To be fair, Georges in Long eaton is catching up but dont have the excitement of dodging the seagulls.....

you do a lot of sighing

have a banana and get over it.

Stop hating on Granty! He'll have a great season ahead and will shut you + the haters up. Go on Granty :) 

Archived