pre season training photos

simsdcfc

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it usually a couple of days into pre-season before they get they get to have a kick about? I seem to remember Clough making them run through Donington Park or something random to build fitness, and last pre-season I remember McClaren saying they were going to start football drills earlier than is normally the case.

Wonder if this is so Clement can get a better look at how good everyone actually is before he approves any sales?

Isn't it usually a couple of days into pre-season before they get they get to have a kick about? I seem to remember Clough making them run through Donington Park or something random to build fitness, and last pre-season I remember McClaren saying they were going to start football drills earlier than is normally the case.

Wonder if this is so Clement can get a better look at how good everyone actually is before he approves any sales?

Or maybe Clement doesn't think there's a need to have them run about for a while. Assumes they're supposed to stay fit. Those two days might be costing Clough every season!

The picture of Sammon diving in at Thorne is a bit unnerving. :unsure:

Anyone tackling but Sammon :lol:

It's OK, means he missed Thorne completely. 

Quite a lot of photos with Calero and Rawson in them so maybe they are being asked to 'showcase' for the new boss (admittedly photos will be almost randomly selected BUT interesting they're training with the senior team and there's no sign of Bennett...)

The picture of Sammon diving in at Thorne is a bit unnerving. :unsure:

Anyone tackling but Sammon :lol:

There's one photo which looks like Sammon might actually be scoring a goal...

There's one photo which looks like Sammon might actually be scoring a goal...

I saw that, but there was 6 balls in the net so just assumed the ball in play was behind him somewhere. But then Grant looks in disbelief and can't work out if it is at Sammon and disbelief he is a footballer or the fact that Sammon has scored

Jeff and George certainly seem to get on :lol:

And George having his picture taken in the wrong shorts like a pro

CI1K6R3WoAAinuQ.jpg

it was Allestree Park

he had them running up and down the hill to build basic stamina and strength.

to be honest I think it was something we seemed to lack later on last season.

I'm no medical expert but a few days running up a hill in July surely doesn't mean you have more stamina the following April/may. They used to do lots of running years ago as some would come back quite a bit heavier but now they have only had a 3 odd weeks off and are all given training plans.

I'm no medical expert but a few days running up a hill in July surely doesn't mean you have more stamina the following April/may. They used to do lots of running years ago as some would come back quite a bit heavier but now they have only had a 3 odd weeks off and are all given training plans.

Spending a couple of days running up a hill means the coach didn't have a plan for training. :lol:

Archived