pre season training photos

simsdcfc

CIrY-UTWwAANTXx.jpg

With that pose, Darren looks pleased with himself....

"Hold on a second Darren, I'm going to need a bigger ruler..."

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah people worried over nothing and wore trainers doesn't mean anything lol.

Here, now everyone can stop this ridiculous paranoid nonsense!

257m0bc.png

Derby's squad reported in for an early-morning start at the Derby County Training Centre in partnership with the University of Derby.

Head Coach Paul Clement met his playing squad for the first time following his appointment in early June and held an introductory meeting with his players and staff.

The players then undertook a series of medical tests before lunch – and then dusted off the cobwebs by taking in their first football session of pre-season during the afternoon.

Striker Chris Martin and defender Jake Buxton, as expected, didn’t take part in the football session and instead worked with the medical team on their fitness after ending last season with injuries.

Will Hughes and new signing Chris Baird have been given extra time off following their end-of-season international commitments.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derbys-squad-make-their-pre-season-return-2512030.aspx#hEXlHYXu7BvGyoPc.99

Derby's squad reported in for an early-morning start at the Derby County Training Centre in partnership with the University of Derby.

Head Coach Paul Clement met his playing squad for the first time following his appointment in early June and held an introductory meeting with his players and staff.

The players then undertook a series of medical tests before lunch – and then dusted off the cobwebs by taking in their first football session of pre-season during the afternoon.

Striker Chris Martin and defender Jake Buxton, as expected, didn’t take part in the football session and instead worked with the medical team on their fitness after ending last season with injuries.

Will Hughes and new signing Chris Baird have been given extra time off following their end-of-season international commitments.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derbys-squad-make-their-pre-season-return-2512030.aspx#hEXlHYXu7BvGyoPc.99

Yeah - the jump was just part of the medical. Sort of cumulative tests you take on your legs and if you get through a few and the jumps the next part. Martin's said he's very close so not surprised he can jump, probably can't run much faster than a jog at the moment though. Almost certainly "failed" the medical at a later stage. Buxton will have failed it much earlier if they even bothered with it at all.

Oddly satisfying to watch, that. 

Definitely, I just repeated it like 4 times :lol:

Bit counter intuitive, but the fact Clement didn't say a single word in that video made me more confident :blink: 

Here is a question for everyone....

Who would you rather have fully fit ... martin or thorne ? 

How long is the unfit person unfit

For the start of the season? (a couple of games) - Thorne, so I can begin to judge him on more games.

half the season? - bit of a toss up

the whole season? - Martin

Here is a question for everyone....

Who would you rather have fully fit ... martin or thorne ? 

As above, any longer than 5 or 6 games and I think we'll need Martin. If it's just a few games at the beginning it'd be Thorne. 

Archived