Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

Stimac turned into a legend he was not one when he arrived.

We have had some decent CB's.........Carbonari, even Rob Hindmarsh was better the Keogh ;)

Some on here believe Keogh is a very good CB, I believe he is well down then list of quaility CB's we had over the years simply because of what he cannot do.

As a captain he should have been mentoring the younger defenders that had to come in because of injuries we started to pick up, at set peices, where to stand, who to mark, we were awful 9 out of the last 10 games when trying to defend. As captain he should rule the box, instead he went into hiding, defenders started to lose confidence- everytime we got the ball at the back we certainly looked dodgy.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stimac is another legend.

By comparing Keogh to these people it's actually a compliment. I wouldn't dream of comparing Sammon to Wanchope or Mason Bennett to Hector.

Now this is getting rather silly. Cos I would never dream of comparing footballers like Stimac and Hector with today's crop of losers. Richard Keogh would not get into Derby County 3rd team in the days of Todd and MacFarland or the 2nd team of Stimac and Yates. So if we're gonna compare let's compare eggs with eggs and not a Rolls Royce with a Mini.

Stimac turned into a legend he was not one when he arrived.

We have had some decent CB's.........Carbonari, even Rob Hindmarsh was better the Keogh ;)

Some on here believe Keogh is a very good CB, I believe he is well down then list of quaility CB's we had over the years simply because of what he cannot do.

As a captain he should have been mentoring the younger defenders that had to come in because of injuries we started to pick up, at set peices, where to stand, who to mark, we were awful 9 out of the last 10 games when trying to defend. As captain he should rule the box, instead he went into hiding, defenders started to lose confidence- everytime we got the ball at the back we certainly looked dodgy.

You keep stating that as captain Richard Keogh should be doing this and doing that and in your opinion did none of these things.

I personally don't think he isnt quite captain material but is the best we have at the club. Initially he wasn't to be captain as Shaun Barker held that honour.

However I've never seen our captain shy away from being the man to have the arm band.

You also make it sound that as captain he should rule the box. 

Does that mean that every other Derby player in the box at that time has a lesser responsibility to win the ball or clear our lines?

Defending is a team effort as is the game of football in general.

Picking out one man to be held accountable for our slide at the end of last season does seem to be rather harsh.

If however that is how it should be do we destroy Darren Bent for missing a penalty in the final game of the season? 

Now this is getting rather silly. Cos I would never dream of comparing footballers like Stimac and Hector with today's crop of losers. Richard Keogh would not get into Derby County 3rd team in the days of Todd and MacFarland or the 2nd team of Stimac and Yates. So if we're gonna compare let's compare eggs with eggs and not a Rolls Royce with a Mini.

Exactly my point. 

The idea that he's a donkey because he's not as good as Stimac was doesn't make sense. 

There's a long road between Stimac and 'donkey'. Shackell isn't a patch on any of the players mentioned either.I don't know why he's brought players like Stimac and McFarland into the debate.  

Stimac was a one off.  He was an incredible signing.  You wouldn't bring a player of his quality in at Championship level for much less than £7-8m.

It is correct that Keogh isn't in the same league as Stimac as a player.

I challenge @super rams to provide a better ball playing central defender who would play at this level for the price of Keogh.

Stimac was a one off.  He was an incredible signing.  You wouldn't bring a player of his quality in at Championship level for much less than £7-8m.

I challenge @super rams to provide a better ball playing central defender who would play at this level for the price of Keogh.

the first job of a centre half is to defend and Richard Keogh does not defend well enough for me.

As much as my opinion might be biased on this,

I find it hard that people see RK as this 'can do no wrong' figure within the team, yes he has fair distribution but I've seen more than my fair share of his long ball attempts come to nothing, and a lot of his passes falling short. Now I'm not saying anyone we have in our side currently is any better but I wouldn't class him as being so special and important to us,

With what we might find a different formation and set up next season I hope he has to spend less time on the ball as a defender, as one thing he doesn't possess if the element to surprise or shock an opponent as he opens his whole body just to pass the ball in his unnerving unorthodox style.

He is a good championship defender, and a heart that you can see on his sleeve. But Shackell over Keogh any day of the week in the air or on the ground.

As much as my opinion might be biased on this,

I find it hard that people see RK as this 'can do no wrong' figure within the team, yes he has fair distribution but I've seen more than my fair share of his long ball attempts come to nothing, and a lot of his passes falling short. Now I'm not saying anyone we have in our side currently is any better but I wouldn't class him as being so special and important to us,

With what we might find a different formation and set up next season I hope he has to spend less time on the ball as a defender, as one thing he doesn't possess if the element to surprise or shock an opponent as he opens his whole body just to pass the ball in his unnerving unorthodox style.

He is a good championship defender, and a heart that you can see on his sleeve. But Shackell over Keogh any day of the week in the air or on the ground.

I'm not sure anyone has said that. I think those of us who appreciate Keogh's contribution do so in the full knowledge that he, like every other human being ever born, makes mistakes.

I am not really sure what those who vilify him expect.

I'm not sure anyone has said that. I think those of us who appreciate Keogh's contribution do so in the full knowledge that he, like every other human being ever born, makes mistakes.

I am not really sure what those who vilify him expect.

In any line of work slating someone would have an effect on there confidence, but last season and the season before it came about some kind of a blind faith by fans that would chant his name. Mostly in games where not just he had a bad game but the whole back four, maybe I'm too harsh on the players but when you go to work you know the bare minimums of what is expected of you. If I made a mistake that cost my company an order, I wouldn't be getting a pat on the back and a better luck next time thanks for your effect.

In any line of work slating someone would have an effect on there confidence, but last season and the season before it came about some kind of a blind faith by fans that would chant his name. Mostly in games where not just he had a bad game but the whole back four, maybe I'm too harsh on the players but when you go to work you know the bare minimums of what is expected of you. If I made a mistake that cost my company an order, I wouldn't be getting a pat on the back and a better luck next time thanks for your effect.

I believe the comparison is asymmetrical. 

I'm don't know what you do but I'm sure it would depend on the circumstances and nature of the mistake. Would your abilities be called into question and would you get roundly and publicly abused if you, say, misspelt something or spilled a cup of tea?

What do you imagine to be the 'bare minimum' for a centre-half?

It would be your company's fault for putting such an incompetent in a position where he could jeopardise the order in the first place. They should never have replaced your bog brush with a laptop.

:D

Everyone knows his weakness. I've never seen anyone go out their way to praise him really. Only stick up for him when others abuse him and call him a donkey. 

Singing his name is just support. I applaud Sammon whenever he plays yet I'd rather see an actual Salmon play. But I'm certainly not going to boo him for giving his all. No player picks themselves.

Derby fans being criticised for cheering their own players too much? I seem to have woken up in opposite world.

watch it back again. I'm sure fozzy made a gaff before either bucko or Keogh did.

totally right.....I have not watched it for ages...but absolutely Forsyth and Bucko could have easily given away a corner ( I suspect they thought giving away a corner was a risk.....awful decision! )

Hopefully the Keogh haters can assimilate fact two other players made really simple mistakes that directly lead to Wembley goal

Archived