Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

I, personally don't hate Keogh, he gives his all. Maybe you can say that it is the errors upfield that cause the problems, my own opinion is that at times he appears to panic and that destabilises the rest around him and that loses matches.

In my opinion, his panicky flustered moments (and Keogh defenders such as myself cannot ignore them) are the only reason he's not a Prem defender. Because while he doesn't have nearly as many faults as others in our league, and vastly less than some fans think, they are very very memorable. Often because he looks so ridiculous when it happens.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh is a disaster and his panic spread throughout the back towards the end of the season making Christie incapable of playing. He really must go.

lol Christie's confidence failures are little do with Keogh I think, and he's not a disaster.

No counter argument coming, I've said my pieces about Keogh, you're simply just wrong. 

They messed up before it got to Keogh.   Someone in front of the defence  did a longish pass that went to one of their players and the rest is history.    I  havent got the heart to get out the video !!!

Still not watched a replay, my Counsellor's advice.  

Feel sorry for Keogh, must be hard to gain some consistent form when the manager is changing the defence every week due to injury or a player under performing. I bet of the teams who conceded less than Derby last season, they had a much more settled defence and didn't suffer as many injuries in defence and the holding midfield spots as we did

In the championship, Keogh is a class act and by far and away our best defender.  He often makes up for other's positional errors with last ditch tackles which are mistaken as his own errors. 

We will not be able to get an equivalent replacement for less than £4 million without taking a risk IMO. 

I would literally sell all other defenders before him and would be disappointed if we bought a 31 year old  Shackell as a direct replacement.

In the championship, Keogh is a class act and by far and away our best defender.  He often makes up for other's positional errors with last ditch tackles which are mistaken as his own errors. 

We will not be able to get an equivalent replacement for less than £4 million without taking a risk IMO. 

I would literally sell all other defenders before him and would be disappointed if we bought a 31 year old  Shackell as a direct replacement.

Sense.

Me too. 

I think we need Keogh and a big lump. Pearce, Albentosa and Dunk all fit the bill. Shackell too but as you say, we would have to pay a lot for a 31 year old.

Me too. 

I think we need Keogh and a big lump. Pearce, Albentosa and Dunk all fit the bill. Shackell too but as you say, we would have to pay a lot for a 31 year old.

Keogh and Shackell would be such a good partnership .... I wouldn't be too upset if we got promoted and had that partnership in the Prem

Keogh and Shackell would be such a good partnership .... I wouldn't be too upset if we got promoted and had that partnership in the Prem

Unless Christie and Forsyth improve (and to be honest, I full expect Christie to, wait and see attitude with Forsyth) it will certainly not be the center backs we're looking to strengthen should we get promoted if we have Keogh and Shackell (or equivalent) in the middle.

Nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will give me nightmares thinking about at least half of that combination.

You know what I find strangest of all with regards to our captain? 

Nearly all our fans adore Johnny Russell because he works hard puts a shift in wears his heart on his sleeve is a team player....and so on.

Richard Keogh does all of this and then will throw himself into any challenge either on the floor or in the air and no matter what happens is always there the next game to do it all again. 

And for all of this he is villiefied and spoken about in such derisory terms. 

At this point I can't see anyone better at the club or who we are being linked with that would give anymore or be a huge improvement. 

You know what I find strangest of all with regards to our captain? 

Nearly all our fans adore Johnny Russell because he works hard puts a shift in wears his heart on his sleeve is a team player....and so on.

Richard Keogh does all of this and then will throw himself into any challenge either on the floor or in the air and no matter what happens is always there the next game to do it all again. 

And for all of this he is villiefied and spoken about in such derisory terms. 

At this point I can't see anyone better at the club or who we are being linked with that would give anymore or be a huge improvement. 

Totally agree, Keogh always puts in 100%, he may not have the best of luck sometimes but he is always putting his body on the line to block shots etc... 

Totally agree, Keogh always puts in 100%, he may not have the best of luck sometimes but he is always putting his body on the line to block shots etc... 

I always find he spends much of his time on his arse, he is too slow  - the opposition do find it easy just to knock the ball past him and run around him....

He does give the ball away too often [defenders should be able to pass the ball acurately], does get caught in possession too often, he can and is a liability and the problem is, it does rub off onto those around him.

Sometimes commitment is just not good enough, skill is more of a requirement.

We do really need somebody that can read the game better, spend less time on their arse and hopefully can pass a ball

Archived