George Thorne key to our plans?

dcfcreece1601

Are we assuming PC will be playing the same formation?. I'm not so sure, surely we wouldn't sign someone as good as Bent to play second fiddle to Martin would we?. I'd have thought he would be thinking 2 up top. If he played Martin behind bent could we accommodate a CDM?.

Come on all you football manager tacticians could it be done? :p

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turned professional in January 2010 at 17 and played 48 games.....and some want to make him captain :mellow:

​Depends what we need from our captain. If it's a leader on the pitch then he has showed us so far that he can potentially fulfil that role.

Perhaps Mr Clement will have his own ideas on whether lack of experience should prevent someone going to the next level.

Are we assuming PC will be playing the same formation?. I'm not so sure, surely we wouldn't sign someone as good as Bent to play second fiddle to Martin would we?. I'd have thought he would be thinking 2 up top. If he played Martin behind bent could we accommodate a CDM?.

Come on all you football manager tacticians could it be done? :p

You could play like a 4-4-1-1 , standard defence with a cdm and a cm and 2 wingers with a CF and a ST

​Depends what we need from our captain. If it's a leader on the pitch then he has showed us so far that he can potentially fulfil that role.

Perhaps Mr Clement will have his own ideas on whether lack of experience should prevent someone going to the next level.

​Do you not think that being on the pitch longer than a quarter of a season is also needed? something Thorne hasn't ever been able to achieve

If he ever becomes fully fit we have a brilliant player. That's the problem thoe. When he returned from injury I loved watching him play everything he did. Even when losing the ball he would win it back.

If he returns this pre-season and gets a pre-season then I'd be loving it can't see it happening thoe!

​Do you not think that being on the pitch longer than a quarter of a season is also needed? something Thorne hasn't ever been able to achieve

​Ideally, of course but can we say that any of our players are 100% definitely going to stay fit?. With the current personnel we have, if Thorne is properly fit at the start of the season (or on a level with everyone else) then he should be considered based on what I've seen of him.

PC  reportedly plays a system that suits the players available  --------------------    so if a key player is injured then the system will be modified accordingly.        Whole new ball game !!!

​Tennis?

I dont think he is key. You can't have an injury prone player as a key player, if he remains fit what a huge boost it is but my gut instinct is he will get another major set back and retire from pro football. Which will be a shame for the lad but a waste of 3million from us or whatever he cost.

I know thats as dark as it gets ^^ hopefully i am so very wrong

I dont think he is key. You can't have an injury prone player as a key player, if he remains fit what a huge boost it is but my gut instinct is he will get another major set back and retire from pro football. Which will be a shame for the lad but a waste of 3million from us or whatever he cost.

I know thats as dark as it gets ^^ hopefully i am so very wrong

I really, really, really hope you're wrong! 

A waste of 3 million financially perhaps, but the hope he bought in me, knowing we were finally going for it, priceless!

Is he injury prone? 

Two major injuries on different legs has taken up a good chunk of his career. But it's still just two major seperate injuries. 

Not like Whitbread who's body constantly breaks down with this thing and that thing

Knee injury lesson:

ACL tears are just unfortunate and Thorne is damn unlucky to blow both knees out at a young age. 

When you have surgery you lose muscle strength and control. This results in poor proprioception which is essentially your body's ability to know where its parts are and what they're doing. 

You can do all the training in the gym you like but your muscles will only get back to 'normal' with returning to activity. In order to do this you do work in the gym to make the affected area as strong as possible. 

I'd imagine Thorne's thigh injury was a consequence of his knee being ready but the rest of his leg not being. I see no reason why he can't be a regular player with a solid pre season behind him, rather than coming back from a major injury in a freezing cold winter with only slow-paced u21 games as prep.

Wasn't he asked to play on a Saturday and then Tuesday? He went off injured on the Tuesday with a thigh problem? 

Was the thigh ready for the Watford game? 

Could he have been eased in more gently or was we too desperate? 

​Ideally, of course but can we say that any of our players are 100% definitely going to stay fit?. With the current personnel we have, if Thorne is properly fit at the start of the season (or on a level with everyone else) then he should be considered based on what I've seen of him.

​Not 100% but ideally 35+ games, something Thorne has never come close to. I haven't seen anything yet to think he should be considered tbh. 

I had an epiphany and in it Thorne played almost every game of the season, scored 15 goals and helped propel us to a league record points total and goals for.

The medication I'm currently on is rather potent but a fit Thorne is mind blowingly awesome and if he does stay fit then he will play one of the biggest parts of our season.

Not sure if any one else posted this but looks to be good news made me excited:-

Tyler Edmonds‏@South12StanderJun 8
@GeorgeThorne15 Will you be back for pre-season mate?
0 retweets0 favourites
RetweetRetweeted
FavouriteFavourited

More

Copy link to Tweet
Embed Tweet

George Thorne‏@GeorgeThorne15Jun 8
@South12Stander of course

Archived