Curtains

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the pitch:-

Entertaining football

Bringing through our own youngsters

Off the pitch:-

Sustainable club (although I understand some input from investors is necessary)

Transparency throughout

A club that serves the community

That is all

Actually a half decent pint at half time would probably be the icing on the cake

Entertaining football

Transparency throughout

That is all

Actually a half decent pint at half time would probably be the icing on the cake

Exactly .

Good relations between club and fans is also a massive thing which always needs to be kept up. 

The fans need to feel part of the club. 

Entertaining football

Transparency throughout

That is all

​Exactly... especially the off the pitch side. I'm actually proud of some of the stuff DCFC do within the community but also further afield..

I think over the past few years the communication with the fans has been excellent. I know a few thought more should have been said re the Mac situation and sooner but I guess there were legal situations to consider!

When McClaren first arrived I remember going to an open training session at the IPRO but that didn't happen again for some reason. 

The fans forums and pub tours were good but do others still think it's a good idea. 

Is total openness the answer or is it better to keep thing in house so to speak. 

Just out of interest, and I know we can't predict the future, would people rather watch us treading water in the Premier League or challenging in the Championship?

There is not much point playing competitive football if you don't aim as high as possible. I love the Championship but I want us to be the next Southampton one day soon.

I want, once before I die, to watch us in a European game away. I don't care if it's in Lithuania in July.

There is not much point playing competitive football if you don't aim as high as possible. I love the Championship but I want us to be the next Southampton one day soon.

​Me too but if I was offered being how we are now in the Championship or how we were in our last 'stint' in the Premier League I know which I would take.

1. Overall, Premier League stability. I'm okay with mid to upper-mid table... challenging for a spot in Europa League would be the best I'd realistically hope for unless we had silly money, which I don't want. I like that we're a relatively small-city club that punches (already) above its weight.

2. On the pitch, a good mix of homegrown players, and a smattering of internationals. Next year, I'd like to see guys like Calero, Rawson, Bennett and Hanson pushing for the first team. 

3. Continued two-way dialogue with the supporters. Got to be realistic about this though... expecting public announcements on what's happening with managers coming or going before they've come or gone is too much. 

4. Financial stability. Not paying over the odds for players who are either past it or see us purely as a stepping stone. I don't mind if our Academy produces players who outgrow us eventually, as long as we get good value when we sell them and reinvest appropriately. 

5. Honestly, some stadium improvements. Better, more efficient food and drink stands; more breathing room in the concession areas; a waaaay upgraded dressing room for our players; better sound system. 

6. Pre-season in the US :D. Seriously though, some push to build an international following as we move up in stature. (I'm volunteering my services, Mel & co!)

7. Cheerleaders :wub: (not really)

8. Another shirt sponsor. Honestly can't bring myself to wear Just Eat until I have abs again.

9. Continued strong local leadership -- doesn't have to be 100% locally owned, but something significant.

At this moment, though, I can't think of another team outside the Premier League (and many in it) that I'd be happier to be supporting right now if I had a choice. Not that I have one!

Archived