What do you really want from DCFC

Curtains

1. Overall, Premier League stability. I'm okay with mid to upper-mid table... challenging for a spot in Europa League would be the best I'd realistically hope for unless we had silly money, which I don't want. I like that we're a relatively small-city club that punches (already) above its weight.

2. On the pitch, a good mix of homegrown players, and a smattering of internationals. Next year, I'd like to see guys like Calero, Rawson, Bennett and Hanson pushing for the first team. 

3. Continued two-way dialogue with the supporters. Got to be realistic about this though... expecting public announcements on what's happening with managers coming or going before they've come or gone is too much. 

4. Financial stability. Not paying over the odds for players who are either past it or see us purely as a stepping stone. I don't mind if our Academy produces players who outgrow us eventually, as long as we get good value when we sell them and reinvest appropriately. 

5. Honestly, some stadium improvements. Better, more efficient food and drink stands; more breathing room in the concession areas; a waaaay upgraded dressing room for our players; better sound system. 

6. Pre-season in the US :D. Seriously though, some push to build an international following as we move up in stature. (I'm volunteering my services, Mel & co!)

7. Cheerleaders :wub: (not really)

8. Another shirt sponsor. Honestly can't bring myself to wear Just Eat until I have abs again.

9. Continued strong local leadership -- doesn't have to be 100% locally owned, but something significant.

At this moment, though, I can't think of another team outside the Premier League (and many in it) that I'd be happier to be supporting right now if I had a choice. Not that I have one!

Agree with all of this except point 7 - which I can see wasn't too serious.

And I  can just about cope with the logo as long as we have a dark away kit! 

I would add another point, to get rid of the franchise that runs the club shop, bring it back in-house and get some merchandise in there that we want to buy. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Promotion is a must, but sustainability in the prem.

I see Southampton as a bench mark, I like to see good quality youth players making an impact, I like to see as few quality buys coming in, did I mention promotion!

Ramos , Ronaldo and maybe Bale would be nice additions

I've been watching the Rams since 1979 and to be fair it has been stormy waters nearly all the time, some great times and some not so great. they've made me feel so elated and then feel like sh*@te. But i wouldn't change it for the world, would love to see us win something before I leave this planet, but if we don't i'll still be a Ram and so will my kids or there out the will.:thumbsup:

I've been watching the Rams since 1979 and to be fair it has been stormy waters nearly all the time, some great times and some not so great. they've made me feel so elated and then feel like sh*@te. But i wouldn't change it for the world, would love to see us win something before I leave this planet, but if we don't i'll still be a Ram and so will my kids or there out the will.:thumbsup:

Know what you mean, without the lows you can't really appreciate the highs when they come along, quite often

unexpectedly1

As a West Stand Ultra i maintain a position of total disinterest for owners, directors, spivs, shysters, agents and advisers, morris dancers, baldy men, poodles, pretend interviewers, brown noses, poseurs, hangers on, chief operating officers, sponsors, spokesmen, sports scientists, scientologists, presidents, apologists, sponge-heads, wags, spinners, and the whole rank and file of the smarmy army; the anointed, the self-appointed, the self-selected, selfie loving, bumsters.

Did you really mean "Morris" dancers? .............................. Just asking! :ph34r:

Oh yes....definately them.

As a West Stand Ultra i maintain a position of total disinterest for owners, directors, spivs, shysters, agents and advisers, morris dancers, baldy men, poodles, pretend interviewers, brown noses, poseurs, hangers on, chief operating officers, sponsors, spokesmen, sports scientists, scientologists, presidents, apologists, sponge-heads, wags, spinners, and the whole rank and file of the smarmy army; the anointed, the self-appointed, the self-selected, selfie loving, bumsters.

​I take umbrage at baldy men being tarnished by being in the same group as that lot!! Shocking :-)

​Well said…

...can I interest you in my company’s latest ready-made and custom Ultra soccer ware collection?

​Well said…

...can I interest you in my company’s latest ready-made and custom Ultra soccer ware collection?

Oooh yes please......perhaps you would be interested to sponsor the West Stand Ultras?

No need to chase it.

it'll come to us.

I'm quite interested in the idea of a giant flag.....if you could grab the other end.

Oooh yes please......perhaps you would be interested to sponsor the West Stand Ultras?

​Thank you for your interest. Brochure sent. Check your inbox daily for new bargains.Have an awesome day.

#southdakotasoccersurplus

Non violent Ultras though. 

Seriously RamNut I'm out I don't want to join your on your own. 

Half-ultra!

Archived