The 1884 Group

Why not try the concourse at 2pm (for the 3pm kick offs obviously, if it was a 7.45pm kick off it would be silly :blink:).

Make it known on Twitter, Facebook and the forums and see if a small group or brave individual will have a go at a new song.

We could turn it into an X factor type event!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Has anyone actually noticed a difference??

Imo the atmosphere has got worse this season.

No it hasnt...the efforts of 1884 are fantastic, most clubs would love to have something like this going on. They can only do so much..

All ideas we're throwing around, it will be a case of building slowly.

I like the idea of specific blocks, but let's say you take blocks G and H in the South Upper and say next season they are for people who want to wave flags and sing non-stop. How do you enforce it? Not having a go, I'm genuinely interested to hear how you would do it because that's been the issue with the South Stand as a whole, some people want to sit, some got cheap tickets, some like listening to the chanting and being in it without contributing themselves.

Banners we have started now, people seem mostly to have stopped taking flags and there's some stuff I'm not allowed to say just yet.

Let us know if you need a hand mate :)

Well if you can suggest a way to get all 26000 fans singing tomorrow then let me know, I'm all ears. My suggestion is for Derby to play well and score some goals. I feel that showing support for the players as they come out of the tunnel might help that. Henc e why we are putting lots of effort into flags, banners, etc, etc.

I will be singing every song, even if I hate it. 100% support throughout the game.

I can. We need some fans to become hype men. Other clubs in Europe have them. They work wonders. 

I would suggest either the National Anthem  (sorry  Jeremy) or Delilah as the most likely songs to get 26000 singing.

However I suspect you will just get the usual 250 singing When I was young.

I think you misjudge the popularity of the nation anthem!

Why not try the concourse at 2pm (for the 3pm kick offs obviously, if it was a 7.45pm kick off it would be silly :blink:).

Make it known on Twitter, Facebook and the forums and see if a small group or brave individual will have a go at a new song.

We could turn it into an X factor type event!

"I'll sing on my own, I'll sing on my own, we're Derby County but I'm still singing on my own"..... 

Be yourself......but don't sound like a duck, that's been Arthur Mullarded and don't dress up like a black angel and look more like a crow.....argh the things you learn about X factor by watching Gogglebox.

Up The Clash.

I have always thought this song would sound amazing sung by Rams fans in full voice, plus all standing at the appropriate part!

Very subtle change to the lyrics, to the tune of Stand By Me...

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

So DERBY! DERBY!
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand, stand by me
Stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the mountain should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And DERBY! DERBY!
Oh stand now, stand by me
Stand by me

So DERBY! DERBY!
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me
Oh stand by me, won't you stand now, oh, stand
Stand by me

Yep, nick and pav will be joining brentford fans prematch I think

The ones that were tortured until they agreed to pay the £29 to watch the game when they could have stayed at home and refused to pay....

Making it well known that the empty seats are there in protest at ticket prices would be a far more effective protest than the odd chant and banner when the money is in the clubs bank account generating interest.

The ones that were tortured until they agreed to pay the £29 to watch the game when they could have stayed at home and refused to pay....

Making it well known that the empty seats are there in protest at ticket prices would be a far more effective protest than the odd chant and banner when the money is in the clubs bank account generating interest.

I think it's really tough, this one. I agree that not going is the best protest but why should we have to not attend to make the point. Swings and roundabouts!

The best protest at ticket prices would be for whole stadiums to empty at 30 mind for 15 min's leading up to half time, and show the cameras what empty stadiums could look like. 

And risk missing a goal?! It's a tough one this as I want to have my cake and eat it!

I  want to join in the protests but I  also want to see the match. :ph34r:

I was truly impressed when the Cardiff fans boycotted Leeds last season - that takes some doing. 

Archived