Jazz Richards

Ramos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Sam Rush we have a lot of players lined up to sign but we just need a manager to come in and sign the deal!

​Yeah to me that's pretty much deal done and ££££££££££ too. It also said we 'should be pleased' with the targets...

Always a disadvantage of this system though. Who's to say the new Head Coach would want those players? If Mac's been judged on his inability to secure quality permanent signings, should the blame not lie elsewhere?

Unless of course we've been in contact with Clement since the end of the season on targets he'd like, in which case Rush's comments amount 'whittling down the list of candidates' is redundant as it would essentially mean our Head Coach is sorted in all but official confirmation.

Wales fans: 

Fulham fans:

Swansea fans: 

Good signing? I'll be calling for Evans' head if this is allowed to happen.

​I know nothing about him but this doesn't exactly prove anything. You could probably do the same thing for Dawks. 

​I know nothing about him but this doesn't exactly prove anything. You could probably do the same thing for Dawks. 

​and Conor Sammon, Leon Best...etc

I'm going with that he's just not very good, personally. You know by now that any player that comes through the door I will back, but I'd rather he sign for Forest than Derby. 

​If we sign him, hope he is closer to Parker than sausage Ellington!

​Ellington, despite being awful and the rumoured £1,000,000 loan fee, probably cost us little or nothing overall. His goals were probably the only reason we ended up with a 2-legged semi-final against Man Utd.

• 2 weeks later...

You mean the man  on the   bike at the edge of the pitch ????

​Eh?

Stop talking in riddles. That's my role.

I'm talking about the man (well, I thought I was) who scored a hat-trick against Lincoln (who were all over us for much of the game), a goal at Brighton (when Tito scored a hat-trick), the second against the Dirties and the last minute winner at Stoke which earned Derby a lucrative 2-leg tie against Man Utd - which he then couldn't play in because of injury (I think - wasn't it a hamstring?). Enter Clough, exit Duke.

I don't think he owed us anything, even if

a) he did cost a (rumoured) million quid loan fee

b) his league goalscoring record that season was pants.

He appears to be the Conor Sammon of defenders. The Swansea fans reckon he's a good bloke who tries hard, and they do wish him well. But they say that if he comes to us it won't be very long before he's out on loan at Burton Albion.

I will always give an incoming player a chance and support them whenever they play, but my inclination here is to trust the fans and very much hope we don't touch the guy with a bargepole.

I asked a Swansea mate about him, he's 3rd choice for them but gets in the side from time to time.

Thinks he'd be solid at championship level and that Swansea would probably be happy to keep him longer term as Rangel only has a season or two left in him and they think he'll come on. 

Given just how badly Fulham did last year it might be a bit much to lay the blame at 1 loan defender. We'll see, but lets not write folk off before they even sign for us.

Archived