15/16 Summer Transfers & Rumours

Day

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it make Delph an idiot? Perhaps he was unaware of a release clause. I think if you're promised by the owners that a player won't be sold then it's a fair assumption that he doesn't have a release clause in his contract. Seems to me, if this story is true at all, it was just a gamble that didn't pay off from the Villa owners

But Benteke's release clause has been met... so that makes Delph an idiot.

Not quite. You're presuming that he has thrown his toys out of the pram over Benteke being sold, when it might just be a case of him preferring to move on if Benteke isn't staying. Not quite the same thing. 

With the homegrown quota being increased this is the problem, players like Delph will go and sit on City's bench to make up the numbers. He's not gone there to start games, you're not going to win the league with Delph in the middle. These fairly good players values will go up as clubs will know they need the English players, this will have a knock on effect down the leagues. Will be good news for Hughes value in a couple of seasons mind you.

I see Chelsea had a £20m bid REJECTED for John Stones today, that's just crazy. 

Surely, we would have to get more than that, i know he's good but if that's what he's going for then we should hold out for up to 20mil for hughes

current going figures are ridiculous

Exactly. At his age, Hughes had already been capped by the u21s and had around double the amount of first team appearances Roberts currently has. And Hughes has only improved since then

We could get tons for Hughes if we were to sell him

He's a very promising young player but this is a disaster move.

how much good did it do for scott sinclairs career?

Not that I think Bamford is particularly outstanding, not for PL standard anyway, the other sort of players that Palace are attracting is fantastic. I mean being able to sign Cabaye after being in this division about 3 years ago? It shows what not even long-term stability can bring. Also shows how important promotion is. We could see players of Cabaye's standard at Derby if we were able to consolidate for 2 years at the top. I mean if Palace can draw Cabaye, surely we would too if we were at their level...

Not that I think Bamford is particularly outstanding, not for PL standard anyway, the other sort of players that Palace are attracting is fantastic. I mean being able to sign Cabaye after being in this division about 3 years ago? It shows what not even long-term stability can bring. Also shows how important promotion is. We could see players of Cabaye's standard at Derby if we were able to consolidate for 2 years at the top. I mean if Palace can draw Cabaye, surely we would too if we were at their level...

We already can draw top level players! We beat Inter, Monaco, Roma and Argentina to the signing of Ince :ph34r:

Archived