IF

plymouthram

If Steve goes and Paul Clement comes in, I hope that they hold on to some of the current coaching staff. I also hope they still have the same transfer targets. I would hate it if we started all over again with a complete fresh staff and fresh ideas. I just think we would go two pace back and one pace forward. What would the Derby board expect if they did a clean sweep with what the club as in place at present. Thoughts anybody on what we need to do?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Steve goes and Paul Clement comes in, I hope that they hold on to some of the current coaching staff. I also hope they still have the same transfer targets. I would hate it if we started all over again with a complete fresh staff and fresh ideas. I just think we would go two pace back and one pace forward. What would the Derby board expect if they did a clean sweep with what the club as in place at present. Thoughts anybody on what we need to do?

​Keep Mac at the club.

If schteve goes then eric and simmo will go too.

tbh simmo hasn't impressed. What is achieved by standing in the technical area, arms folded?

And eric has not been able to stop Lee Grants alarming decline.

just one less howler and we might have made it.

Just be better than the rest?

​Easily said than done. This could be a massive gamble by the club, taking in consideration Paul Clement as never been in this possible position before. We need some kind of stability to move in the same direction as last season. I do fear some players would leave under a new regime.

Surely Mac has to go now. The working relationship must be past breaking point. He knows Rush etc want him gone but the compensation can't be agreed. If it isn't agreed and he doesn't go, what sort of relationship is that?

tbh simmo hasn't impressed. What is achieved by standing in the technical area, arms folded?

​But they are the world's most amazing coaches and the best in the country? No?

​Easily said than done. This could be a massive gamble by the club, taking in consideration Paul Clement as never been in this possible position before. We need some kind of stability to move in the same direction as last season. I do fear some players would leave under a new regime.

I think they have already decided that players will go.

they referred to having to make hard decisions.

i think the owners won't want to dip into their pockets as much.

Surely Mac has to go now. The working relationship must be past breaking point. He knows Rush etc want him gone but the compensation can't be agreed. If it isn't agreed and he doesn't go, what sort of relationship is that?

​As stated, we have crossed the point of no return, there is no way on this earth that Mac will remain after what has happened, even if there isn't another option, the board have made it clear, he's out.

You think Paul Simpson's entire contribution has been the 90 minutes you see him stood in the technical area? Give the bloke some credit, he's been an excellent number 2 to Steve. The last 18 months have proved that. 

And Grant came on leaps and bounds when Eric Steele (a man greatly admired and respected in the coaching world) got hold of him. I don't think Grsnts poor form toward the end is down to bad coaching. 

I do think they will both go if Steve goes, but your post dismissing their contribution is massively ignorant and disrespectful. 

​Utterly clueless...

Would you rather Simpson performed some circus acts for the crowd instead? On the pitch, unless something is altered, what's he supposed to do?
You see him reassuring the players and giving them instructions all the time...

Oh and as for Lee Grant's ''alarming decline'', I too thought this decline was shown when we didn't concede in 6 games!

You don't have a clue what goes on behind the scenes at Moor Farm etc. so how you can possibly say with any conviction that ''simmo hasn't impressed'' is beyond me; the players are the only ones that can judge that.

However, one thing I can say is he was/is an integral part of the coaching setup that got our team playing some of the best, attacking football we've seen in a long time but you've obviously overlooked that key factor...

I reckon theres a good chance Steele would stay if he was wanted, said in an interview a while back that when he first got offered the job by Steve he turned it down because he didnt want to travel. When he got told it was Derby he went for it.

'Then Steve got in touch,' says Steele. 'He said, 'I have a chance of a really good job in the Championship.' I said, 'I ain't travelling.' I've lived in the Derbyshire area for 31 years. Four days later, Steve said, 'Steeley, it's 12.4 miles to the iPro from your house. I'll see you tomorrow at 4 o'clock.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3042412/From-Manchester-United-Derby-County-Eric-Steele-reflects-glittering-career-aims-Premier-League-promotion-stays-coy-Newcastle-links.html

I reckon theres a good chance Steele would stay if he was wanted, said in an interview a while back that when he first got offered the job by Steve he turned it down because he didnt want to travel. When he got told it was Derby he went for it.

'Then Steve got in touch,' says Steele. 'He said, 'I have a chance of a really good job in the Championship.' I said, 'I ain't travelling.' I've lived in the Derbyshire area for 31 years. Four days later, Steve said, 'Steeley, it's 12.4 miles to the iPro from your house. I'll see you tomorrow at 4 o'clock.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3042412/From-Manchester-United-Derby-County-Eric-Steele-reflects-glittering-career-aims-Premier-League-promotion-stays-coy-Newcastle-links.html

It is a really good job that's for sure . 

Paul clement is used to working with the best. He will know the difference between the really good players and the average players and get rid of the lesser ones. I'm not worried about players leaving, we just need a few players to come in.

i also think Paul Clement will know the top managers personally and getting in loans won't be an issue, if that's his style.

​Why do you think that Plymouth mate?

majority aren't maclarens hires. I don't know them so not claimng to be ITK, but surely they would gie a new guy a chance? Unlike us on here of course, who would expect him to be instantly dismissed the moment he stops winning games 5-0 with 70% plus possession and 3 figures of shots per game:)

I think we could see some surprising player departures his this summer...Keogh, Grant, Hendrick, Thorne and even Martin could be sold in my opinion.

I can see them cutting their losses with Thorne, cashing in on Hendrick and get what they can for Keogh and grant.

we would then sign a be spine of the team and I imagine we would play 2 up top.

hope I'm wrong about Thorne and Martin.

I think we could see some surprising player departures his this summer...Keogh, Grant, Hendrick, Thorne and even Martin could be sold in my opinion.

I can see them cutting their losses with Thorne, cashing in on Hendrick and get what they can for Keogh and grant.

​Don't be silly.

You think Paul Simpson's entire contribution has been the 90 minutes you see him stood in the technical area? Give the bloke some credit, he's been an excellent number 2 to Steve. The last 18 months have proved that. 

And Grant came on leaps and bounds when Eric Steele (a man greatly admired and respected in the coaching world) got hold of him. I don't think Grsnts poor form toward the end is down to bad coaching. 

I do think they will both go if Steve goes, but your post dismissing their contribution is massively ignorant and disrespectful. 

Ooh i am sorry.

I wouldn't want to be 'massively' ignorant.

​Absolutely no chance. Two players in our two most integral positions in our system? Just because Clement would be a different manager to Mac doesn't mean he's going to completely tear the squad apart. He will still know our strengths and weaknesses. He'll know that with a fully fit Thorne and Martin for the majority of the season we would have a very good chance of being a PL club right now. Martin's season essentially finished in January v Bournemouth. He was rushed back, he wasn't fit and even tweaked his injury to the point he may need an op. Thorne obviously missed the whole season bar around 4 games.

They won't be sold. Hendrick, Keogh & Grant would only go if the offer was right and to be honest I can't see anybody offering the money we'd want for any of those. Perhaps Hendrick but would still take a pretty decent amount of money.

Archived