Mel Morris-New chairman??

Cardifframs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​He is after controlling interest yes.....first step??

​I refer back to the jokey comment that Rush made in his speech at the End Of Season Dinner about Mel Morris signing a big cheque for new investment. It seemed very much like an in-joke, so it wouldn't surprise me if we saw movement in this area

I wouldn't read too much into this.'General Sports' has been removed from 2 company names in the group,so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see AA step down as chairman. You then have to remember that,of all the other board members,MM is the only local man,so his appointment as chairman seems logical.

We aren't a public company,so it's not a case of building up a stake as a base to launch a bid.In any case,there's no evidence of MM building a stake-all we have at the moment is the fact that he invested a year ago.Even if he puts more money into the club (likely),if others put in the same percentages,his stake would be unaltered.

I was told to be fair by someone with very good connections that this was happening a few weeks ago in the same story that Steve Mc was off to Newcastle and a deal had been done only for them to want him for the last few games but he didn't fancy that so it all fell through. As usual we all hear plenty of stories and most of them are rubbish but as he got the Morris bit right maybe he got the rest. I don't know the point of this post either.

As stated above does this mean he will buy the club outright or just appoint himself as Chairman due to majority stake and Brett Wilson (whatever his name is) supporting this.

Littleover man, seems to love the club, with Sam Rush at his side it could be the magic to get us up

but then again we cant really comment...........

As stated above does this mean he will buy the club outright or just appoint himself as Chairman due to majority stake and Brett Wilson (whatever his name is) supporting this.

Littleover man, seems to love the club, with Sam Rush at his side it could be the magic to get us up

but then again we cant really comment...........

​Unless things have changed significantly,the 6.67% of ordinary shares he held as at 30/11/14 wasn't a majority stake.You don't need a majority stake to be chairman,you just need a majority (in terms of voting stock) to back your appointment.

​Unless things have changed significantly,the 6.67% of ordinary shares he held as at 30/11/14 wasn't a majority stake.You don't need a majority stake to be chairman,you just need a majority (in terms of voting stock) to back your appointment.

​I don't know how it works tbh, I thought Brett & Co own the club outright and Mel is the main shareholder. Still thought as you said so long as he has the backing he will be appointed. Maybe I shall run for chairman, but the thought of running tires me

​Well if he steps up his stake financially or emotionally we all win so we all have the last laugh. What a bizarre world we live in though. A bloody gaming app has given this man such wealth. 

​I think he earned his wealth from creating one of the original dating websites, believe he may have sold it off and with that money made a business out of funding computer websites, games etc. Funded Candy Crush idea and BAM landed himself in the money. Fair play to him I say,

Started from the bottom now hes here.

​I think he earned his wealth from creating one of the original dating websites, believe he may have sold it off and with that money made a business out of funding computer websites, games etc. Funded Candy Crush idea and BAM landed himself in the money. Fair play to him I say,

Started from the bottom now hes here.

​He did. But Candy Crush among the others has pushed his net worth past the £500m mark last time I checked. His wealth has overwhelmingly come from those addictive silly little games. I wish him more continued success. Our stadium is looking a bit old. Time for a new one :)

​He did. But Candy Crush among the others has pushed his net worth past the £500m mark last time I checked. His wealth has overwhelmingly come from those addictive silly little games. I wish him more continued success. Our stadium is looking a bit old. Time for a new one :)

​Can we have three of them in a row with stripes please?

world-games-stadium1.jpg

Leave the away fans in the open :lol:

​Well if he steps up his stake financially or emotionally we all win so we all have the last laugh. What a bizarre world we live in though. A bloody gaming app has given this man such wealth. 

He's had other businesses to be fair. He's more than just Candy Crush guy.

Archived