Mel Morris-New chairman??

Cardifframs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I think he earned his wealth from creating one of the original dating websites, believe he may have sold it off and with that money made a business out of funding computer websites, games etc. Funded Candy Crush idea and BAM landed himself in the money. Fair play to him I say,

Started from the bottom now hes here.

​It was Udate, I used to work there.

And for the record, he's an incredibly sound bloke and deserves our support. Big hearted and smart minded, winning combo for me.

​I don't know how it works tbh, I thought Brett & Co own the club outright and Mel is the main shareholder. Still thought as you said so long as he has the backing he will be appointed. Maybe I shall run for chairman, but the thought of running tires me

​To own the club outright you'd have to own 100% of the ordinary shares.As at 30/11/14 the main investors owned over 90%.

I can only think (immediately) of 2 reasons why MM could want to buy the club:-

1) He disagrees with the direction the club is being taken.

2) He sees DCFC as a great investment,and wants all of the action.

In my opinion,if 1) above doesn't hold sway,then he'd be far better off maintaining his current position.If he's happy with the way things are going,it would be far better for him to share the load of additional working capital with others.

Archived