Summer Vacations

Bris Vegas

A working holiday over Canada and the US for 6 weeks in July and August followed by a two-week trip to Europe (Germany, Spain and the UK) sometime in September. 

All without the wife and kids as I have business to attend to :(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dublin 5th June for 3 nights

Ljubljana 12 June for 3 nights

Holland 20th June for 5 nights

France 2016

Maldives mid July (not booked yet will leave it to Dec time ish)

Honeymoon 2017 somewhere :)

​Never been, what do you recommend while I am there?

​The facilities vary from island to island but they all obviously have good water sport facilities. Personally I was happy just jumping into the sea from the water bungalow and swimming around with the rays and reef sharks. I went to 2 islands (twice each) and they were both what they call "no news, no shoes" resorts, where you could easily avoid the real world if you wanted to and they were very laid back and pretty much horizontal-relaxed and informal.

The beaches, warm water and tropical fish are just fantastic, though I did nearly sh** myself when I turned round whilst snorkelling and a puffer fish inflated about 3 inches away from my mask. Enjoy!

​The facilities vary from island to island but they all obviously have good water sport facilities. Personally I was happy just jumping into the sea from the water bungalow and swimming around with the rays and reef sharks. I went to 2 islands (twice each) and they were both what they call "no news, no shoes" resorts, where you could easily avoid the real world if you wanted to and they were very laid back and pretty much horizontal-relaxed and informal.

The beaches, warm water and tropical fish are just fantastic, though I did nearly sh** myself when I turned round whilst snorkelling and a puffer fish inflated about 3 inches away from my mask. Enjoy!

​I'll be staying at the surf villas.

Can't wait. Haven't been on a real holiday for me in over a decade. 

​Some people are half fans. That makes you like 1 1/2 fans right?

​Not really - no more than one. The Memsahib might be the bits (and if she sees this, I will be in them)

Is ​Diamonds Athuruga any good ?

Going to Florida for 2 weeks late September to stay with the in-laws who live in Ponte Vedra Beach, near Jacksonville. They're insisting on taking my daughter to Disney but she'll only be 3 at Christmas.

I think this is too young but they're insistent on going (an paying for it). Having never been myself before it's just a gut feeling. She'll just come back even more Frozen fixated than she already is.

Great age to go, any older and you have to go in school holidays.  We are off again next year, first time in school hols :-(

3 weeks touring USA & Canada, taking in Glacier & Yellowstone national parks, Seattle & Vancouver - can't wait. Watch out for the grizzlies! 

Sounds great, would love to do that, is that in an RV?

Santa Ponsa, Majorca for a week from 10th June. It's before pre-season and I get back the day the fixtures come out (not planned) so I won't have to spend a penny on roaming charges or €2 per half an hour of Internet.

Santa Ponsa, Majorca for a week from 10th June. It's before pre-season and I get back the day the fixtures come out (not planned) so I won't have to spend a penny on roaming charges or €2 per half an hour of Internet.

​surely they have wifi there?

Archived