My big decision

MuespachRam

I need your advice...

Myself and Mrs M are moving home in September, we are going to be living in Gulfport Florida....so my question is, do i change my user name on here and kill off MuespachRam in favour of FloridaRam....GulfportRam....RowdieRam (they are the nearest football team)....?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ey you don't half get about.

piisses me off people having exciting lives.

Can't you just live in Oakwood or summat..

I'd never heard of Gulfport, so looked it up on Wikipedia.

Originally a tiny unnamed hamlet, it was first named Gulfport during the American Civil War, by the crew of the British steamer, HMS Gerrard, who were shipwrecked just off the shore, having so nearly completed their journey.

The victims of said disaster soon made the area their new home, christening the new town Gulfport, in honour of their favourite local seaside resort, Southport.

The area has produced dozens of notable famous people since those early days, all of whom left town at the first possible opportunity.

Nowadays, the glamour and glitz of Gulfports glory years are long gone, but it's still notable for its yearly festival celebrating the first seafood harvest of the year.

During this, locals don Shellsuits and curly wigs to eat the 1st chowder of the year, greeting each other between mouthfuls with the traditional cry of "Clam down pal, Clam down!"

Apologies if Wikipedia has this wrong, it's all I could find, good luck in the States!

Originally a tiny unnamed hamlet, it was first named Gulfport during the American Civil War, by the crew of the British steamer, HMS Gerrard, who were shipwrecked just off the shore, having so nearly completed their journey.

The victims of said disaster soon made the area their new home, christening the new town Gulfport, in honour of their favourite local seaside resort, Southport.

The area has produced dozens of notable famous people since those early days, all of whom left town at the first possible opportunity.

Nowadays, the glamour and glitz of Gulfports glory years are long gone, but it's still notable for its yearly festival celebrating the first seafood harvest of the year.

During this, locals don Shellsuits and curly wigs to eat the 1st chowder of the year, greeting each other between mouthfuls with the traditional cry of "Clam down pal, Clam down!"

Apologies if Wikipedia has this wrong, it's all I could find, good luck in the States!

​You missed the tradition of claiming that "This year is our year" despite the fact that there is no indication that the area is on the up.

​FFS Don't use the 'v' word in front of Musepach/Swiss/Gulfport/Scouse Ram. He'll be off on one again.

Archived