Your Favourite Rock Star

SK47

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did mean for the Rams,  But An old school Darren Purse (in form obviously, And not getting sent off) is exactly what we need. A dominant, Commanding defender.

I hate to say it due to his choice of teams, But Wes Morgan.

I did mean for the Rams,  But An old school Darren Purse (in form obviously, And not getting sent off) is exactly what we need. A dominant, Commanding defender.

I hate to say it due to his choice of teams, But Wes Morgan.

​He was absolutely dreadful when he played for the red dogs, seems to have had a Buxton type improvement since moving to the bin dippers.

So is the point of this article for us to name Derbys best centre back since we got relegated from the prem? because so far no one has named one haha

so i shall go with jason shagall, I mean shackell , i'd take him back in a second

Leacock in his first season here.

Fantastic defender and a good footballer. 

​Him and darren moore bossed this league, if you look at the promotion season you can see why we went up under billy, we kept a phenominal amount of clean sheets and combined with the amount of 1-0 wins(mainly stevieeeeeeee howard headers) it was a reciepe for success

For some reason I don't have the quote button.  Very annoying!

@DerbyRam! - Leacock was amazing, watching that first season with us I was convinced he would go on and play for England.  It was unfortunate his career never really moved on from that season and he just became a jobbing league one centre half.

For me the only other CB worth mention is Shaun Barker, he was masterful although potentially benefited from being a very good player in a very poor team, meaning he stood out even more than he would have done in a decent side.

Jake Buxton. 

Humble beginnings and written off more times than I can remember. Every transfer window Buxton is off, or needs replacing, while the whole time being the best centre half at the club by a country mile. 

Reads the games better than any of his more flamboyant pink booted counterparts. Defends like a rock. Rarely if ever loses a battle in the air against taller opponents. Knows where the goal is, and delivers on the big occasion unlike any of his more flamboyant counterparts. 

Derby fans won't know what they've got til it's gone. 

Jake Buxton. 

Humble beginnings and written off more times than I can remember. Every transfer window Buxton is off, or needs replacing, while the whole time being the best centre half at the club by a country mile. 

Reads the games better than any of his more flamboyant pink booted counterparts. Defends like a rock. Rarely if ever loses a battle in the air against taller opponents. Knows where the goal is, and delivers on the big occasion unlike any of his more flamboyant counterparts. 

Derby fans won't know what they've got til it's gone. 

We know what we've got.

does schteve?

Archived