Who would you sell and why?

i-Ram

Mac's going to have a bit of a clear out methinks, and no doubt his list is already prepared - Wardy I think will be the first of a good few.  If you had the choice give me 3 players who you would sell on, and why.  To start you off I would go: 

Hughes - time to cash in; get the money in the kitty and invest it wisely on 3 or proven performers, still with things to prove

Keogh - his diving-in on Saturday was it for me; for God's sake man STAY ON YOUR FEET

Bryson - really just to get rid of ValleyRam

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick - Overatted, none existent in too many games.

Bryson - Shadow of his former self hopefully the likes of Celtic pay a couple mil 

Keogh - Donkey, team of the year award could blind a team into giving us a decent amount 

Bryson: Poor season, rumours surrounding him say hes been unsettling

Keogh: Although not the worst defender in the world, its time to freshen up the defence and i think hes one of the only ones who we will recieve a decent transfer fee. So i'd let him go.

Sammon: Just because he's not part of the plans and not good enough. Can probably get a few hundred thousand for him.

Shotton-league 1 player at best. Stoke fans laughed their heads off when he left them

Keogh- Donkey and makes too many mistakes

Hendrick- He is a good magician because he likes disappearing

Hughes- Think it is time to cash in and hasn't looked interested in recent weeks. Maybe we can loan him back for the whole season

Bryson- Paul Green is disguise. The 2013/14 season was a 1 off season and he is back to his regular average self now

Sammon-Not explanation needed

I would aim to give people like eustace another contract because he is valuable to have around the squad.

Shotton - not good enough

Keogh - our defence needs an overhaul and he'd fetch the most money to fund it.

Grant - unless he's prepared to sit on the bench, then we can loan out Roos. A better keeper is needed IMO.

Bryson - unlikely but if we get good money we should.

Hughes - ONLY if we can't fund the areas we need with our own money. His money should be used to bring in at least 3 quality first team players

Sammon - no explanation needed.

That leaves us needing a new RB, preferably a starter, in my opinion 2 CB's, at least one starter, a new GK, a new CM, maybe two, a new striker, maybe two. Also at least two CDM's and one winger minimum.

Seems like quite a busy summer...

Hendrick - Overatted, none existent in too many games.

Bryson - Shadow of his former self hopefully the likes of Celtic pay a couple mil 

Keogh - Donkey, team of the year award could blind a team into giving us a decent amount 

Hendrick got the most assists for us this season I think and scores a fair few goals. I do agree he can go missing in games but that is where you need a good squad to make a substitution. Hendrick is good enough the. 

Bryson - Im not sure. If there is someone out there better and we get a bid for Bryson i would consider it. 

Keogh - With quality defenders and leaders around him I think he will be good enough. We did finish 3rd in the league with him last season when he had some consistently of players next to him. He hasn't been able to build up a partnership since Bucko's injury.

Bryson - Sad to say as he was my favourite player up until this season. I think the team moved on a little and he lost pace or is distracted. Would get a good amount for him and free up a significant amount in wages

Whitbread - Can't get enough games out of him.

Shooting - Squad player at best.

However with the play off finals and now last seasons loss of form in the team mentality I feel we may have to get rid of plenty of more to get a winning mentality back!

Controversial but i'd consider selling Albentosa back to Eibar or someone similar. I have nothing against the lad and think he could do a job here and there but i'd rather we sign a Shackell or similar type who knows this league and can compliment Keogh. My gut feeling is that he won't really settle here.

Bryson - Sad to say as he was my favourite player up until this season. I think the team moved on a little and he lost pace or is distracted. Would get a good amount for him and free up a significant amount in wages

Whitbread - Can't get enough games out of him.

Shooting - Squad player at best.

However with the play off finals and now last seasons loss of form in the team mentality I feel we may have to get rid of plenty of more to get a winning mentality back!

If we get rid of shooting then we've got no chance next seseason.

Who's going to pay a fee for the likes of Whitbread or Sammon?

Bryson - I don't think he's good enough

Cyrus Christie - I don't think he's good enough

Ryan Shotton - I don't think he's good enough

Keogh - bares too many mental scars of failure, poor leader IMO, lacks composure and makes bad decisions at key times and epitomises the new "bottler" label we now have. I said he was a big game bottler in January, and sadly he's proven me right.

Forsyth - again, like Keogh, crumbles under any pressure. Looks competent when it doesn't matter. Looks like he's scared of the football when the game has any importance.

Hughes - Cash in before the fans destroy him and his value diminishes. Quite simply will never be influential enough to impact the result on games so not really worth keeping as there's not enough benefit.

Russell - As much as I think he has a lot of quality, it's now apparent that he isn't going to be as involved as he could and should be. Need someone who's going to start 30 games a season in this position, not a bit part player.

Christie -  Sadly, he has lost his mojo and I don't remember any player ever recovering from such a struggle to be so good again.

Archived