The App

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had an app on the old site for a short while but was expensive to run and didn't have use of the full features of the site. No plans at the moment for a new one unless someone with more brains than me develops one

It's all one site theme now so you get everything on mobile where as Tapatalk was limited. It's not been upgraded for IPB4 yet either, if it was I'd install it as a work around for the editor problems.

Soon as IPS iron out these editor bugs should be firing on all cylinders. 

As it's a complete rewrite, started from scratch it's just taking a bit of time to nail them all down. 

• 2 months later...

Is Tapatalk worth getting? Don't mind the mobile site on here at all, just wondered if it was any smoother on the app?

Just looked and it's free. I swear I had to pay for it years ago. Or was that when I was a poor scumbag with an android?

We're not on Tapatalk at the moment

would it be possible to get us on tapatalk? It might help a few when browsing on mobiles.

The Tapatalk plugin for IPB4 is still in beta and riddled with bugs more than we have on the site itself, plus the limited functionality with no mod tools, unable to view polls, attach images, PM's are not working either and the developers have gone very quiet on their support forum with the progress. 

Don't think there will be a stable version until IPB fixes their own code which by then would make Tapatalk pretty pointless anyway.

Here is the problem with IPS and other forum software to be honest, they need more developers with different devices to test before releasing, when I was reporting bugs when we first moved over I was sending several iPad ones over but not one of them in the support team had an iPad which is shocking. 

With the amount of devices and operating systems available now to view websites you would think they would have one to cover the most popular, which I guess you have to throw Windows phones in there as well. I don't envy the person who has to buy one tho!

• 2 months later...

Archived