Jack O'C..

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt Flagman is getting free tickets.

O'Connell defintely does though. He used to have sex in the boardroom with John vicars and is an ambassador of some sort.*

*I might have exaggerated one of those stories. I think it was just oral.

Nope @cannable. He gets home and away tickets free, I have been informed.

Youre wrong. Ive had to on numerous occasions go to the ticket office to collect his tickets. He used to be in rams on tour but isnt anymore and ive had to pay for them..

Seems a few on here have a bit of a jealousy problem with nick on here... for what? Taking time and effort to attend every game, lump that big smelly flag all around the country, or for the fact he doesnt just come onto a forum to bitch, moan and whinge like a baby about what he believes and gets off his backside and tries to do something about it.. 

someone earlier also stated that he went on tour around the ground because he wanted his "own" singing section, when what really happened is that a load of fans, alot that were younger and had just started going to more and more games all wanted to sit together and sing, but the south east couldnt put them all together so they went to the north stand where there was room.  In the north stand we noticed that 500 away fans in the south stand could be heard louder than 2000 in the south east so we tried to claim it as ours and it works!! 

He copies songs off palace?? Nick doesnt actually make songs up. 

Sing on our own... f.c united

Since i was young... motherwell i think

oh when the rams.. southampton

barmy army.. newcastle

also he slated mcclaren.. that was his personal view as i believe that something happened between the 2 of them So its not about being up his arse. He had a 20splenty flag the other day so thats not really kissing arse. I think a few on here just just get off his back.. if u dont like him or have a prob then say it to his face not hide behind a keyboard saying he smells... are u 8yrs old

Well thought this was thread was about Jack lad but seems a witch hunt is going on here...

Only fair I reply I guess. Although many thanks too Trooper for doing so.

I have no hangover with Clough at all. Top man for me but thought it were the right decision at the time despite baffling at the time.

And yes I did tweet about Mac after the game on Saturday, Were annoyed and unhappy as we all were. I dont care about the best finish in XX years. End of day we just got embarrassed and rolled over by a team at home who had not won in 9 and had nothing to play for. If some wish to focus on well its okay cos that were our best finish in XX years then fair enough thats your opinion but that certainly was not the objective at the start of the season. Promotion was via automatic or via the play offs. We failed to even reach the knockout stages of the league. To me it was a failure end of.

Do I like Mac? Being honest no I dont. I rate him as a coach though and that is all that matters. Maybe my beef with him came over in said tweet but we all sometimes makes mistakes and act at the time what we think is right no? I just didnt feel the players were playing for him in the last few months. Its also interesting to see his comments now about staying at Derby as opposed to said comments over the previous months. Wonder if this approach would have been the same should we have got promoted? I dont know.

Anyway back to the witch hunt. Trooper has already stated many things so no point in repeating them. Makes me laugh though at some false claims on here. Does anyone else's private life get discussed on the forum or am I special in some shape or form? I mean really. Only Trooper on here and perhaps Mostyn that know me. Yet many feel it acceptable to slag me off without knowing me personally. Annoys me that aint gonna lie.

Seeing as this will probably be my only post on this will go over a few things. Like to spend time over the summer with my family so dont really check whats going on etc.

Flag.

RamsTrust facilitated it. Was advertised on the old forum, remember them good old days, for someone too look after it was left in a shed for a year following our time in the Premier League. Thought well I go home n away so made sense to look after it and give it the exposure that we all paid into it for. That were what 7 or 8 years ago now I have looked after it. Club sometimes paid for it to be cleaned and I sometimes paid for it to be cleaned. £100 bill we are talking here by the way. Also cost about £80 for me to take it too Austria pre season. Club didnt pay for this I did. Imagine trying to explain that to my wife. Went down very well. Obviously my choice to take it and I could have said no but it was a new city and game for it to go to. All the Derby flags looked great in the city of Graz in the central square and you cant forget days like that.

Safe Standing

Many like me support safe standing and yes I do kind of act the fan for Derby on pushing this through. Know Jon Darch who runs the safe standing roadshow etc. All clubs have a fan they and the FSF can turn too if a message needs pushing through etc. Derby came out very well publicised with the work Clough did and Stevie Mac did when he first came to Derby. JV and Sam pushed articles on the club website and also at the Football League meetings on this issue. Reason the whole campaign wanted Stevie Mac onside was because he had sampled safe standing first hand when working in Germany so was good he had a few words about it.

Singing section etc

LOL at wanting my own singing section. Trooper has covered this above and was exactly that. Many fans didnt know each other but found themselves isolated as were around fans that did'nt want too sing etc and by advertising it got so many together etc etc.

Anyways think I have probably bored you enough now.

All I have ever tried to do is make things better for Derby. Just because so many wanted something doing but no one was bothered to do it. Maybe I felt passionate as we all do at times to get off my backside and do something about it. You cannot please everyone in life that is for sure. But I have tried. I have never ever done anything for myself, ego or whatever you want to call it. Those that know me really know that is not me. I am a family man with 3 kids and in all honesty dont have the time I perhaps did when all this started many years ago.

Sorry if I have ****** anyway off of recent. Like you, I have an opinion and do not see why I should be treated any different on what I want to say. I do pay my way in various forms you know. Oh and why we are on the subject of the dollar. Believe me in my line of work I have saved Derby alot of $ over the years. Guess many didnt know that though.

Anyways lets stop the bitch fest. Take a break in the summer and roll on the next season. In great shape as a club and we really dont need to be bitching and arguing amongst ourselves.

Up the Rams.

Nick

Well thought this was thread was about Jack lad but seems a witch hunt is going on here...

Only fair I reply I guess. Although many thanks too Trooper for doing so.

I have no hangover with Clough at all. Top man for me but thought it were the right decision at the time despite baffling at the time.

And yes I did tweet about Mac after the game on Saturday, Were annoyed and unhappy as we all were. I dont care about the best finish in XX years. End of day we just got embarrassed and rolled over by a team at home who had not won in 9 and had nothing to play for. If some wish to focus on well its okay cos that were our best finish in XX years then fair enough thats your opinion but that certainly was not the objective at the start of the season. Promotion was via automatic or via the play offs. We failed to even reach the knockout stages of the league. To me it was a failure end of.

Do I like Mac? Being honest no I dont. I rate him as a coach though and that is all that matters. Maybe my beef with him came over in said tweet but we all sometimes makes mistakes and act at the time what we think is right no? I just didnt feel the players were playing for him in the last few months. Its also interesting to see his comments now about staying at Derby as opposed to said comments over the previous months. Wonder if this approach would have been the same should we have got promoted? I dont know.

Anyway back to the witch hunt. Trooper has already stated many things so no point in repeating them. Makes me laugh though at some false claims on here. Does anyone else's private life get discussed on the forum or am I special in some shape or form? I mean really. Only Trooper on here and perhaps Mostyn that know me. Yet many feel it acceptable to slag me off without knowing me personally. Annoys me that aint gonna lie.

Seeing as this will probably be my only post on this will go over a few things. Like to spend time over the summer with my family so dont really check whats going on etc.

Flag.

RamsTrust facilitated it. Was advertised on the old forum, remember them good old days, for someone too look after it was left in a shed for a year following our time in the Premier League. Thought well I go home n away so made sense to look after it and give it the exposure that we all paid into it for. That were what 7 or 8 years ago now I have looked after it. Club sometimes paid for it to be cleaned and I sometimes paid for it to be cleaned. £100 bill we are talking here by the way. Also cost about £80 for me to take it too Austria pre season. Club didnt pay for this I did. Imagine trying to explain that to my wife. Went down very well. Obviously my choice to take it and I could have said no but it was a new city and game for it to go to. All the Derby flags looked great in the city of Graz in the central square and you cant forget days like that.

Safe Standing

Many like me support safe standing and yes I do kind of act the fan for Derby on pushing this through. Know Jon Darch who runs the safe standing roadshow etc. All clubs have a fan they and the FSF can turn too if a message needs pushing through etc. Derby came out very well publicised with the work Clough did and Stevie Mac did when he first came to Derby. JV and Sam pushed articles on the club website and also at the Football League meetings on this issue. Reason the whole campaign wanted Stevie Mac onside was because he had sampled safe standing first hand when working in Germany so was good he had a few words about it.

Singing section etc

LOL at wanting my own singing section. Trooper has covered this above and was exactly that. Many fans didnt know each other but found themselves isolated as were around fans that did'nt want too sing etc and by advertising it got so many together etc etc.

Anyways think I have probably bored you enough now.

All I have ever tried to do is make things better for Derby. Just because so many wanted something doing but no one was bothered to do it. Maybe I felt passionate as we all do at times to get off my backside and do something about it. You cannot please everyone in life that is for sure. But I have tried. I have never ever done anything for myself, ego or whatever you want to call it. Those that know me really know that is not me. I am a family man with 3 kids and in all honesty dont have the time I perhaps did when all this started many years ago.

Sorry if I have ****** anyway off of recent. Like you, I have an opinion and do not see why I should be treated any different on what I want to say. I do pay my way in various forms you know. Oh and why we are on the subject of the dollar. Believe me in my line of work I have saved Derby alot of $ over the years. Guess many didnt know that though.

Anyways lets stop the bitch fest. Take a break in the summer and roll on the next season. In great shape as a club and we really dont need to be bitching and arguing amongst ourselves.

Up the Rams.

Nick

Why don't you like McClaren ! 

Hes been brilliant for this club as a player assistant manager to Jim Smith and now doing a very good job as manager after only 18 months .

Did we get to the playoffs under Clough or even get anywhere near top 6 finish. 

The answer is no .

Just find him rude and arrogant in all honesty. More to the point this Newcastle thing has annoyed me. As well others I speak to and how he deals with them etc and my own opinion make me form this.

But hey. He seems to be swinging his loyalties now so will give him the time of day and certainly will be behind him come August, ofc if he is still here.

Just find him rude and arrogant in all honesty. More to the point this Newcastle thing has annoyed me. As well others I speak to and how he deals with them etc and my own opinion make me form this.

But hey. He seems to be swinging his loyalties now so will give him the time of day and certainly will be behind him come August, ofc if he is still here.

M8 I know your a massive Derby fan and respect  you for that and we all say stuff at times in the heat of the moment and your totally allowed your opinions  .

The Clough thing at Derby is way over the top as it was at Forest and clouds people's judgements  and that my opinion  

I liked Brian Clough and the Clough family but McClaren deserves respect as well .

Brian was amazing  at Forest and Derby but Forest fans and Derby fans can't live in the past .

Nigel Clough did well at Derby and is now doing well at Sheffield United but after 5 years we needed a change IMO right or wrong  .

McClaren needs respect from Derby fans and I'm sure you will give it him lol

​Rumours snow ball and people get things in their heads. Mac only became arrogant once the Newcastle rumours started, which I find strange. My experiences from what I've heard of him through people I know is one of someone very pleasant, approachable and with a decent sense of humour. In fact, wasn't the main criticism leveled at him from his time at England that he was too nice?

This Newcastle thing, as well, has been entirely manufactured by the Red-Top Comics and the fans. How many times have you heard fans say "it's a done deal", "the players know he's off and that's why they're not performing?". You must have heard these rumours Nick. But it's already quite clear that these rumours have been utter drivel. The proper broadsheets have NEVER reported the stories first-hand, they have only had articles such as "it has been reported in the Mirror that...". There's a massive difference there and it should have everyone's BS radars ringing.

I don't doubt that Newcastle were interested. And our manager would be an idiot if he put the phone down straight away if he was sounded out about a job. But other than that, we have completely fabricated the rest. I personally think the manager was miles away from leaving.

Why do we have to make conspiracy theories about what went wrong? We were hit by lots of injuries and we horribly mismanaged the situation, and it's as simple as that for me. I could accept that perhaps there was some disharmony in the dressing room which arose as a result of that, but that's hardly the shock of the century for a team in that kind of form...

Everything's been crap since the beginning of March. The players. The management. The fans. The club. All of us have been utterly useless. I'm glad we got nothing at Reading and we can just bury it and move on and be the club we were between October 2013 and February 2015.

This isn't meant as a rant to you Nick, but I actually think what you do is brilliant. You don't do everything the way I'd do it, but for goodness sake, at least you've got off your ****and actually made an effort. If some people had their way, you'd pipe down and we could all go back to sitting on our hands watching us lose 4-1 at home to Ssausagehorpe. But fans like you can't turn on the manager, not even on public forums like this, especially when it's based on rumour and conjecture. The team selections since March scream of panic. The way our defence treated a spherical object as if it its movements were entirely at the hands of some form of black magic screamed of panic. The way we treated rumours from red-top rags as absolute Gospel truth screamed of panic.

We all panicked. We just need to stop spouting nonsense, calm down, and come together again.

​Afternoon Nick mate, my main gripe is that (rightly or wrongly) when I criticised the previous coaching setup, you defended them to the hilt, regardless of performance etc. I think your relationship with Nigel fuelled that more than your opinion of football.

Every manager we've had in my lifetime has displayed arrogance and rudeness, and if anything, I think McClaren is not rude enough, and too friendly and smiley with the media.

That said, I was there at the Q&A, and as I tweeted to you, half of twitter reacted badly to a misrepresented comment, including the irresponsible Owen Bradley and Steve Nicholson. Using a second hand unofficial tweet as hard fact and being angry about something McClaren never even said.

As said by Duracell above, fans such as yourself, rightly or wrongly, have a lot of influence, and in some regards you're a leader of the pack, if you start stating lies as facts, then people will believe you. The boys at Radio Derby were wrong.

​Afternoon Nick mate, my main gripe is that (rightly or wrongly) when I criticised the previous coaching setup, you defended them to the hilt, regardless of performance etc. I think your relationship with Nigel fuelled that more than your opinion of football.

​Sorry to jump in, Ronnie made a post the other day and openly admitted that he has his favourites like Barker and rules of what is ok and what's not can be bent for his favourites.

Ronnie, Nick, you, are not any different to any other fan. Maybe Nick defended Clough because of that relationship, fair play, maybe he doesn't have that same relationship with McClaren so when we lose, when it goes tits up he let's go.

I know you will disagree here but I'm including myself in this, no matter what Clough did we wanted him out, no different to players, Keogh for you, Savage for me, I had a man crush on Commons, he wasn't lazy, he was taking a break and let him enjoy it, leave my boy alone!

Just have to accept that fans have their favourites and we're all hypocrites because we let them get away with owt when we're in love.

I'm off for a poo now.

​Just like fans thinking other fans getting free tickets for carrying flags.....

​unlikely, the club stabbed Nick in the back when it came to defending him against Oyston, they're hardly likely to give him freebies.

​unlikely, the club stabbed Nick in the back when it came to defending him against Oyston, they're hardly likely to give him freebies.

Read the earlier posts and what I quoted ;) 

I think a few fans need to let go of Nigel Clough. He's gone. That's not McClaren's fault. All he has done is come in and win more games than we were winning before.

"Look at what he's spent compared to..."

No. I don't care. Who turns up to watch balance sheets play. While he's winning matches and the club aren't heading for financial ruin who cares about comparing Nigel to McClaren? What is the point? 

Sam Rush is in favour of safe standing too isn't he? Like i said, Flagman used to be all "Sam Rush" etc.

What exactly is his whinging about. Same as this actor bloke. What were his posts like when we went from 14th to 19th.

If Mac had finished 8th in both seasons then that would be an improvement. 

He has a 54% win ratio. Look statistically where Derby rank in either or both of the last 2 seasons to how we have been in the last 20+ years. That famous defence under BD? Have a guess how many less goals it let it than this one. That "solid" team compared to this "awful" one. Have a look at the goal difference. 

It's the modern nature of people and the mock outrage. It's things like twitter giving the people with the loudest voices the biggest stage. Usually the louder the person the more moronic they are. 

What Flagman wants it to be the peoples champion. He couldn't sing with the rest of us, he had to do a tour of the ground to make his own singing section. He can't join in with chants. He has to make his own (after Crystal Palace of course). He can't just go or not go to Norwich away. He has to lead a protest (all 6 of them) about a game he didn't get forced to go to. 

Oh he wants what we want. The ipro to be a fortress. The South Stand to be great. But he always has to be different. Either his way or his way. 

If you hate McClaren and Rush or whatever then sound. But not long ago he was right up there head first. 

All these dummy spitting Derby fans haven't got a leg to stand on

Like Duracell said, there are problems, faults, complaints. You may even want a new coach to take over before things get worse. Sound.

But the outrage at finishing lowly 8th. Lol. Where you been before last season? Your Nigel Pearson's Ostrich?

​Great post but that just elevated it to another level

Archived