Jack O'C..

Walsall_Ram

Well thought this was thread was about Jack lad but seems a witch hunt is going on here...

Only fair I reply I guess. Although many thanks too Trooper for doing so.

I have no hangover with Clough at all. Top man for me but thought it were the right decision at the time despite baffling at the time.

And yes I did tweet about Mac after the game on Saturday, Were annoyed and unhappy as we all were. I dont care about the best finish in XX years. End of day we just got embarrassed and rolled over by a team at home who had not won in 9 and had nothing to play for. If some wish to focus on well its okay cos that were our best finish in XX years then fair enough thats your opinion but that certainly was not the objective at the start of the season. Promotion was via automatic or via the play offs. We failed to even reach the knockout stages of the league. To me it was a failure end of.

Do I like Mac? Being honest no I dont. I rate him as a coach though and that is all that matters. Maybe my beef with him came over in said tweet but we all sometimes makes mistakes and act at the time what we think is right no? I just didnt feel the players were playing for him in the last few months. Its also interesting to see his comments now about staying at Derby as opposed to said comments over the previous months. Wonder if this approach would have been the same should we have got promoted? I dont know.

Anyway back to the witch hunt. Trooper has already stated many things so no point in repeating them. Makes me laugh though at some false claims on here. Does anyone else's private life get discussed on the forum or am I special in some shape or form? I mean really. Only Trooper on here and perhaps Mostyn that know me. Yet many feel it acceptable to slag me off without knowing me personally. Annoys me that aint gonna lie.

Seeing as this will probably be my only post on this will go over a few things. Like to spend time over the summer with my family so dont really check whats going on etc.

Flag.

RamsTrust facilitated it. Was advertised on the old forum, remember them good old days, for someone too look after it was left in a shed for a year following our time in the Premier League. Thought well I go home n away so made sense to look after it and give it the exposure that we all paid into it for. That were what 7 or 8 years ago now I have looked after it. Club sometimes paid for it to be cleaned and I sometimes paid for it to be cleaned. £100 bill we are talking here by the way. Also cost about £80 for me to take it too Austria pre season. Club didnt pay for this I did. Imagine trying to explain that to my wife. Went down very well. Obviously my choice to take it and I could have said no but it was a new city and game for it to go to. All the Derby flags looked great in the city of Graz in the central square and you cant forget days like that.

Safe Standing

Many like me support safe standing and yes I do kind of act the fan for Derby on pushing this through. Know Jon Darch who runs the safe standing roadshow etc. All clubs have a fan they and the FSF can turn too if a message needs pushing through etc. Derby came out very well publicised with the work Clough did and Stevie Mac did when he first came to Derby. JV and Sam pushed articles on the club website and also at the Football League meetings on this issue. Reason the whole campaign wanted Stevie Mac onside was because he had sampled safe standing first hand when working in Germany so was good he had a few words about it.

Singing section etc

LOL at wanting my own singing section. Trooper has covered this above and was exactly that. Many fans didnt know each other but found themselves isolated as were around fans that did'nt want too sing etc and by advertising it got so many together etc etc.

Anyways think I have probably bored you enough now.

All I have ever tried to do is make things better for Derby. Just because so many wanted something doing but no one was bothered to do it. Maybe I felt passionate as we all do at times to get off my backside and do something about it. You cannot please everyone in life that is for sure. But I have tried. I have never ever done anything for myself, ego or whatever you want to call it. Those that know me really know that is not me. I am a family man with 3 kids and in all honesty dont have the time I perhaps did when all this started many years ago.

Sorry if I have ****** anyway off of recent. Like you, I have an opinion and do not see why I should be treated any different on what I want to say. I do pay my way in various forms you know. Oh and why we are on the subject of the dollar. Believe me in my line of work I have saved Derby alot of $ over the years. Guess many didnt know that though.

Anyways lets stop the bitch fest. Take a break in the summer and roll on the next season. In great shape as a club and we really dont need to be bitching and arguing amongst ourselves.

Up the Rams.

Nick

I know you mate, anyway just ignore it yeah. Go and sort the display in South Stand black + white with Ram in it, look at Leicester against Toon. Thoughts flag man????????

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just find him rude and arrogant in all honesty. More to the point this Newcastle thing has annoyed me. As well others I speak to and how he deals with them etc and my own opinion make me form this.

But hey. He seems to be swinging his loyalties now so will give him the time of day and certainly will be behind him come August, ofc if he is still here.

If we get to the Premier League you'll have more stories to worry you than a little corner in The Mirror which is where it began before it moved on to plumbers on twitter.

As an exile,Nick, I don't know a great deal about you,but it seems to me that you get off your backside and try to do things that you genuinely feel are for the best,which is why I gave your post a 'like'. It seems to me that the 'doers' of this world always seem to attract criticism from many of the rest -perhaps if they don't like what you do they should get off their backsides and try and do something better (and see what it feels like to be mocked).

I don't go anywhere near Twitter,so I don't know much of your apparent rift with Mac.I do know that emotions ran high after the reading game however.

​Sorry to jump in, Ronnie made a post the other day and openly admitted that he has his favourites like Barker and rules of what is ok and what's not can be bent for his favourites.

Ronnie, Nick, you, are not any different to any other fan. Maybe Nick defended Clough because of that relationship, fair play, maybe he doesn't have that same relationship with McClaren so when we lose, when it goes tits up he let's go.

I know you will disagree here but I'm including myself in this, no matter what Clough did we wanted him out, no different to players, Keogh for you, Savage for me, I had a man crush on Commons, he wasn't lazy, he was taking a break and let him enjoy it, leave my boy alone!

Just have to accept that fans have their favourites and we're all hypocrites because we let them get away with owt when we're in love.

I'm off for a poo now.

​That reminds me.  Slightly off topic but I've got a bone to pick with you.  About 6-7 weeks ago you posted about your approach for having a ****, saying it had changed your life.  I tried it and gave myself a minor case of the farmers!  Cheers mate.

Nice sensible post from Nick. Glad the ticket thing has been nipped in the bud. Original poster of that comment should get his facts in order.

i like the fact the club has fans as committed as Nick is and bar his Mac rant, comes across in public as sensible and level headed.

Nice sensible post from Nick. Glad the ticket thing has been nipped in the bud. Original poster of that comment should get his facts in order.

i like the fact the club has fans as committed as Nick is and bar his Mac rant, comes across in public as sensible and level headed.

​He hasn't denied it yet.

Could this turn into another Mac type saga?!

The person who mentioned flag man get free tickets for games should apologise to flag man tbf. 

He hasn't denied it though?? I'm just going off what I've been told, from somebody that doesn't normally chat ****. Anyway, I'm happy to leave it as it is if Nick wishes to remain silent.

If you're willing to criticism Nick then you should at least match his passion for the club.

I'm a big Derby fan, as most are probably aware, but if the club offered to pay for my tickets home and away to lug a big flag about and be the voice of the fans - I wouldn't do it. 

he's allowed his opinion, as right or wrong it may be, just like me and you. Obviously, my opinion is the right one and if you don't agree with me then you're wrong but that's by the by. 

Give the guy a break. 

Archived