Next Season. Whats needed.

bryson has got more to offer.

he seemed to be demoralised by being dropped for wembley and repeatedly left out in favour of the over-rated hendrick.

he went from being a big player to a fringe player after being conned into signing an extended contract.

whether he can recover under a new manager remains to be seen but schteve doesn't seem to want him.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would change the change the system. 

I don't think the 433 is working - others have rumbled it. 

The lone no 9 doesn't get much support whoever it is; the full backs don't get much protection;  as soon as we get possession both full backs push up, and the central defenders split left and right before fannying around; we stretch the back four out of shape and create big spaces for the opposition to exploit without the opposition having to do anything. With just one striker we have no option to test the opposition with pace.....it just doesn't work now.

maybe time for 4132 and 4231 went we want to try and defend.

imagine that....the idea that a Derby team could actually defend!

Hard to answer this just after the season has ended but some of the more achievable things might be 

- finding a way to win/style whatever when you are missing key players 

- sorting the defense - I think Grant has taken some heat too but this is understandable in my opinion 

- try and sign Ince

- get GT fit. Perhaps don't play him in any eastern European friendlies! :)

- get Hanson more exposure ahead of next year as Thorne backup 

- put an arm around Fozzy, Jeff, Bryson and Christie and build their confidence to the highs we've seen in the last 18 months 

At the moment it feels like those weeks when your fantasy team looks brilliant before you end up with 32 points. I don't think we need to panic to be honest.

Maintaining our progress in the wider context is vital eg competing every year. I really hope the board persist with their plans whoever is driving the bus next year.

I agree far less loans no matter how good they are.

and a whole new defence inclusive of goalkeeper,you just cant keep them there confidence is shot especially Keoghs.

We also simply have to sell Hughes to rebuild.I also question though just how good hughes is far to many side ways passes not enough goals and when the chips have been down in the past few weeks great players and the tough get going.Hughes has simply disappeared,i don't rate him as high has some,yes he is good but needs to be in a side that is already good.This isn't what we need he is far to much of a luxury player.

A new manager that doesn't speak with forked tongue and single handley  YES single handlely ruins our season through causing unrest and playing loanees infront of regulars,no matter how good they have been.You have to sign players and move the ones you don't want out so they don't sit there and sulk.

On a personal jibe to the McLaren boys.............WELL WELL WELL you got just what you asked for,what would you be saying if all this had unfolded as it has done exactly under Clough...........I cant believe any of you and I mean any of you actually still want him here next season.I mean open your eyes for gods sake.....what does it take.

Cloughs big mistake.....selling shackell.And yes I was wondering if it was time for him to go.But I would never have let clough go if I had known there was a new sponsorship deal round the corner and a bit of money and room for wages coming around.The BIGGEST pity is after having done all the hard work Clough didn't get a chance with some real money.Yes you can say Salmon.Well how many plonkers has super steve signed.

One thing is for sure said in a Newcastle tone.

I would love it love just love it.If nigel takes sheff utd up and gets them in the promo hunt net year in the championship what then would the stupid non league nigel haters say then I wonder.

Well just looks where you got us SAM well done over and out rant over.

Looking forward to reading this is the most stupidest post on here ive seen in years replies lol....get real and start to see whats happening.

For me hope he goes we pocket 2 million and we get a new manager and one that's given a fair chance !!.

Do you actually realise how pathetic you sound? Are you really feeling smug at the thought of our club missing out on a playoff place because it justifies your incestuous love for Clough? If so **** off and support Sheffield Utd you tosser.

The system we line up with is 5-4-1 flexing into 4-3-3 when in possession. One of the 5 is the CDM position which has been so problematic since the absence of Thorne and the struggle to find someone to slot into that role. It's a massively important position (obviously) also the system is dependent on the support players for the striker having constant movement up and down the pitch. When we had Russell and Ward in full flow supporting Martin this was working well for us and then of course injuries happened and changes implemented. I guess this corresponds to Martins injury at Bournemouth in early Feb and then the serious decline starts at Fulham at the end of Feb and we've never recovered from that very poor performance a game I was at and it was clear then that Mascarelle was never going to be the answer in that position. In fact he only played two more games for us after that. 

Full backs - Right back for me is fine - Christie, Shotton and the up and coming Rawson will be enough. 

​Christie was dreadful 2nd half of the season.

Shotton looks poor against any winger with a bit of pace ie. Antonio.

Rawson is a centre half.

a new manager. (to finish 8th is unacceptable, ran out of ideas and put round pegs in square holes which cost us dear)

a winger. (ward is crippled with injuries, dawkins is a scapegoat probably for always cutting inside, Ince isnt our player. so we need another winger for depth or to start with russell.)

a right back (christie aint good enough and shotton is a liability- a stoke fan at work was laughing at me when we signed him)

2 centre backs (keogh can throw his body on the line and gives 100% but can be such a calamity at times- need consistency. The other centre backs we have are either always injured or not natural cb's. Except albentosa who i think will be good for us may need more time to adapt.)

a left back (Forsyth last season was considered our weak link, to be honest i think hes probably our best out the back four but that just shows how poor the others are. Warnock is past it, Naylor should be playing sunday league)

and a striker. (back up for martin, all the top teams have a dangerous striker on the bench)

A defensive mid (if thorne can overcome injuries the position is nailed but thats a big if, eustace is getting on too so we definitely need a solid DM- please not mascarell!!)

Obviously looking at the above a new back four, the fact we seem to concede a minimum of 2 goals over the last few months show that. Its a lot of ins we need there but unless we want to carry on in a downward spiral we need these changes.

a new manager. (to finish 8th is unacceptable, ran out of ideas and put round pegs in square holes which cost us dear)

a winger. (ward is crippled with injuries, dawkins is a scapegoat probably for always cutting inside, Ince isnt our player. so we need another winger for depth or to start with russell.)

a right back (christie aint good enough and shotton is a liability- a stoke fan at work was laughing at me when we signed him)

2 centre backs (keogh can throw his body on the line and gives 100% but can be such a calamity at times- need consistency. The other centre backs we have are either always injured or not natural cb's. Except albentosa who i think will be good for us may need more time to adapt.)

a left back (Forsyth last season was considered our weak link, to be honest i think hes probably our best out the back four but that just shows how poor the others are. Warnock is past it, Naylor should be playing sunday league)

and a striker. (back up for martin, all the top teams have a dangerous striker on the bench)

A defensive mid (if thorne can overcome injuries the position is nailed but thats a big if, eustace is getting on too so we definitely need a solid DM- please not mascarell!!)

Obviously looking at the above a new back four, the fact we seem to concede a minimum of 2 goals over the last few months show that. Its a lot of ins we need there but unless we want to carry on in a downward spiral we need these changes.

7 players then wheres the cash coming for that little lot

I do like grant but your right about his aerial dominance and maybe that's a factor for us looking so poor and defending set pieces? The defence and grant don't have confidence in each other 

7 players then wheres the cash coming for that little lot

​i dont know all the clubs finances but we must be doing ok to afford wages of the likes of bent, ince, ibe loans. I think they'll be cash there to spend anyways.

If not ild be willing to cash in on hughes to accommodate for signings. 

I don't know how fee-sable my 7 new players demand is but i just think that is what we would need to challenge for automatics. like all clubs we are relying on good business this summer to be able to progress.

Archived