Flags at Wembley

I know we are a long way off just yet ,but being the eternal optimist I have booked my hotel (with provisions set up to cancel foc).

Go back to last year walking into the stadium and seeing every QPR fan waving a blue and white flag

my lad said "they have all got flags Dad" I felt psychologically beat.

Lets hope DCFC provide all Rams fans with their own flag,like QPR DID

If we get there:D

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. We need to do something even if not flags. Our end looked **** last year. It doesn't help that our colours are black and white either as it just makes the stadium look rubbish compared to a sea of red/blue etc. just looks like we all turned up in our everyday clothes. 

Id like to see flags or if not then something like what Reading did in the FA Cup semi with the bottom tier all in the club colours. 

Alternatively, we could vocally support the team for the full match. I've always thought that at Wembley last year, the nervousness of the crowd transmitted to the players.

After been so much the better team for so long, things started to change in the last 10 mins when we all realised what could happen.

If we make the final again, rather than loads of flags, maybe we should send friends and family who aren't bothered about the result but fancy a fun day out. That's what Qpr did and it worked for them.

Alternatively, we could vocally support the team for the full match. I've always thought that at Wembley last year, the nervousness of the crowd transmitted to the players.

After been so much the better team for so long, things started to change in the last 10 mins when we all realised what could happen.

If we make the final again, rather than loads of flags, maybe we should send friends and family who aren't bothered about the result but fancy a fun day out. That's what Qpr did and it worked for them.

Unfortunately we don't have good enough fans to sing for an entire game. Very few in England do to be honest. 

Watched the Bayern game yesterday on BT Sport and the Bayern fans sang for the entire game, not for one moment did they stop. It's amazing, I'm not sure how they do it in other countries. I guess football just means more to them than it does to us! 

Unfortunately we don't have good enough fans to sing for an entire game. Very few in England do to be honest. 

Watched the Bayern game yesterday on BT Sport and the Bayern fans sang for the entire game, not for one moment did they stop. It's amazing, I'm not sure how they do it in other countries. I guess football just means more to them than it does to us! 

Ruthlessly efficient the German Fan. The English counterpart is much more fickle and unreliable, wanting drink and stretch breaks. Personally I blame Miliband and Balls. 

Ruthlessly efficient the German Fan. The English counterpart is much more fickle and unreliable, wanting drink and stretch breaks. Personally I blame Miliband and Balls. 

It's incredible really. They were still at 0-0 with 75 minutes gone and still singing. Half our fans would have left the ground and the other half would be groaning and booing. 

​Something something world wars something something cup

​Funnily enough Bayern fans are some of the worst and one of the quieter bunch in Germany. Shows you far behind us English fans are. Fortuna Dussesldorf have some of the best fans in Germany and are playing in the german championship and they are in near enough the same position as we are(they are 7th)  yet they are loud throughout the whole game. We need to copy this. 

Yeah. We need to do something even if not flags. Our end looked **** last year. It doesn't help that our colours are black and white either as it just makes the stadium look rubbish compared to a sea of red/blue etc. just looks like we all turned up in our everyday clothes. 

Id like to see flags or if not then something like what Reading did in the FA Cup semi with the bottom tier all in the club colours. 

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/fa-cup-semi-final-royals-to-paint-wembely-blue-and-white-2404723.aspx

Another option if we get there would be to have the cards placed on each seat, to display one big image, a Dave Mackay image or just one image of our Derby Ram would look good, when the players walk out on to pitch etc.

Philosophy.com used to organise these for England matches, and Six Nations matches etc, as the misses once helped to create a massive Saltire at a Scotland v Wales game, which provided her and her mate free tickets for helping, with a load of other folk to put the cards on the correct seats. We'd just need our volunteering fans to put the right cards on the right seats.

Went to the awards night last night .

I made a point of asking Sam Rush about the flags on seats at Wembley (should we get there).

He assured me that they were going to do the same (should we get there).

Sometimes though football club officials are like coppers they are good at telling you things you want to hear Loring was good at that  

QPR were fantastic that day kept singing with 10 men I think they made up the 11 man in the end. Kinda reminds me of Watford lately kept singing even when the odds were against them.

A bit annoying I not seen us do that many times if not at all usually turns into moaning or pure silence.. Kinda makes you doubt our vocal support.

Hopefully we get some flags especially the big ones you can wave around looks brilliant. To be fair if Rush says it will happen usually he delivers more often then not.

Archived