Gigs, events, Festivals!

Rev

Thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread where we could post what events we're looking forward to in the coming months, be they gigs, festivals, stand up etc.

It would also be good to hear your recommendations of future events, and reviews after the event too.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the Albert Hall in Manchester sometime in June, cannot ******* wait.

Latest gigs have been Peace and Pond. Peace was a strange but enjoyable experience; couldn't believe how young the crowd were, perhaps i'm getting old. Pond were ace, i unfortunately got turfed out of the Leadmill after around 4 songs haha. 

Been toying with the idea of Download or Bloodstock, but both have very meh line ups so will probably keep my money

Just had a peek at both, can't believe Muse are headlining Sat, will be a great show but doesn't seem right for Download. Faith no more should be good though. Not into metal so couldn't comment on Bloodstock, great name for a festival tho.

Just had a peek at both, can't believe Muse are headlining Sat, will be a great show but doesn't seem right for Download. Faith no more should be good though. Not into metal so couldn't comment on Bloodstock, great name for a festival tho.

​Download has always been a mixed bag, best year was Slipknot, Rammstein and Iron Maiden

This year Slipknot and Muse would be fantastic headlinesrs. But Kiss? Really?

Tempted to go to Bloodstock friday, just to see Sabaton

Flashback festival @ Clumber park, Notts in August. 70's on Friday & 80's on Saturday. 

Been to the Saturday night for the last few years and always a great atmosphere & music. This year's 80's lineup:

Toyah. Soul 2 Soul. Five Star. Jason Donovan. Marc Almond. Human League. 

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the Albert Hall in Manchester sometime in June, cannot ******* wait.

Latest gigs have been Peace and Pond. Peace was a strange but enjoyable experience; couldn't believe how young the crowd were, perhaps i'm getting old. Pond were ace, i unfortunately got turfed out of the Leadmill after around 4 songs haha. 

​Not only great band but awesome live. Excellent choice!

I used to work in festival business and still go to gigs quite often... about ten times per month. Last weekend von Hertzen Brothers were good but their warm up Lapko even better. Their old song All the best girls is just killer.

Pole dancers in the local Russian bar. 

I'm confused, are they Russian or Polish? Last time in Cyprus made the mistake of thanking the Bar Manager in our hotel in Polish, only to be informed she was German!

Service went markedly downhill from that point on I can tell you!

I'm confused, are they Russian or Polish? Last time in Cyprus made the mistake of thanking the Bar Manager in our hotel in Polish, only to be informed she was German!

​There Polish dancers in a Russian bar. It used to be a Polish bar till Putin invaded

I'm also heading that way, an eclectic mix of ladies. What confused me the most is that one had a pole in the middle of her sitting room which i didn't notice until she was on it And she was Hungarian! 

I'll be at Download

Never understand how people can judge whether it'll be any good or not by looking at the headliners or just the top third of a poster, it's the joy of discoering new bands that takes me there, always find a few new favourites hiding in the tents. In fact its the headliners that would often turn me off, I have no interest in seeing most of them, anywhere.

It does help that I see loads of good friends from around the UK there though - first year I went I camped on my own surrounded by ********* who were shouting 'backscratcher' is a stupid voice for about twelve hours, second year I camped in family camping with 3 couples I know from other gigs and 2 more I met there (mutual friends) and will be doing the same this year.

Archived