Huddersfield Town vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

It only takes the minority. I'd say more than 30% were happy to boo the team off yesterday and the rest were happy to let it happen. 

Derby, Leeds, Forest and Wednesday - the fans are all the same! can you imagine Brentford fans booing their team off? No chance, yet they're below us in the league. 

Normally our away fans are good it must have been frustration .

In retrospect people were frustrated on this forum 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It only takes the minority. I'd say more than 30% were happy to boo the team off yesterday and the rest were happy to let it happen. 

Derby, Leeds, Forest and Wednesday - the fans are all the same! can you imagine Brentford fans booing their team off? No chance, yet they're below us in the league. 

​What do you mean by "happy to let it happen"? I was there and didn't boo like the majority around me. What were we supposed to do?

​What do you mean by "happy to let it happen"? I was there and didn't boo like the majority around me. What were we supposed to do?

I called a few of them c**ts but didn't hear anyone else say much. 

In that situation, like many times under Clough, the biggest frustration at games is the fans. 

Please don't class all Derby fans like that. 

It was a minority booing. 

​Guy in front of me was extremely vociferous at half time, and his language to especially Lee Grant was both poisonous and vile. He had two young children with him, but it didn't seem to matter to him that he wasn't exactly being a good role model.

I honestly cannot see any point in booing, and if I felt that bad about it and couldn't take any more, I would just leave in silence. Players don't play badly on purpose, despite what some people on here have posted. The same could be said for the previous 4-4 (the one where McClaren famously 'rescued' a point with a stirring half-time team talk) - that wasn't a 'pro-Clough' protest, and yesterday wasn't an 'anti-Newcastle, pro-Bucko, save the coffee cups' protest either.

It was a bad performance by the defence, partly rescued by a good performance by the attack.

​One bloke near me was having a right go at a booing di-ck head But that can quickly escalate and I`m TOO OLD for hassle now :rolleyes:.

Still think they are two faced wan--kers though

first goal has nowt to do with keogh or christie.

christie loses possession, but thereafter huddersfield knock the ball around for almost a full minute  before coady delivers a high ball way beyond keogh and over shotton towards gobern who handles the ball.

First goal the player runs inbetween Keogh and Shotton. 

You can call me old fashioned but Id expect a centre back to take ownership of that situation and clear the ball. In that case both CBs and Warnock's positioning is clearly off as he gets the ball inbetween them and slots in. 

The fourth, Keogh at that moment in time is tasked with ensuring the ball doesn't hit that part of the net. It does. It goes over his head, but if he took a step back and stood his line then it wouldn't.

I am far from against Keogh but that's my feelings on what happened. 

​No he doesn't, He runs between Warnock and Shotton. You complain about people putting the blame on Christie for doing little to nothing but that's what your doing to Keogh there. I think it's pretty harsh to attribute any blame to Keogh for the fourth either, he moves out of the way of Grant.

I'm not as certain as you on Christie being a good player, and although not directly responsible for the first goal, he gave the ball away stupidly. But for me, that's more McClaren's fault as anyone can see he's a mistake waiting to happen right now and shouldn't be near the first team. Christie at RB and Shotton at CB was always going to cause us problems. Christie needs to be taken out of the firing line. Constantly leaving him out then bringing him back just to be brought off early/dropped can't be doing him any good at all.

​At half time in the recent Brentford home game, there was quite a bit of booing from some people in the back few rows of the North Stand. I screamed blue murder at them - the usual rubbish about "Get behind your team instead of booing them". It just got me a few funny looks. However, a number of fans around me at Huddersfield were both angry AND drunk. No way was I saying a dickybird to them - titanium hips are bloody expensive and I'm looking after mine.

Only one person was booing the team , the rest of the boos were aimed at him , for booing the team ..

​I was saying Boo-urns

First goal the player runs inbetween Keogh and Shotton. 

You can call me old fashioned but Id expect a centre back to take ownership of that situation and clear the ball. In that case both CBs and Warnock's positioning is clearly off as he gets the ball inbetween them and slots in. 

The fourth, Keogh at that moment in time is tasked with ensuring the ball doesn't hit that part of the net. It does. It goes over his head, but if he took a step back and stood his line then it wouldn't.

I am far from against Keogh but that's my feelings on what happened. 

​Incorrect.

Tell you what, as bad as the performance was (well, the defensive side anyway) it was great seeing the passion in the celebrations of the players for our goals. It's been a while since we've seen that.

Especially the fourth goal. I was full on rooting for Russell to KO Lynch.

Tell you what, as bad as the performance was (well, the defensive side anyway) it was great seeing the passion in the celebrations of the players for our goals. It's been a while since we've seen that.

Especially the fourth goal. I was full on rooting for Russell to KO Lynch.

Russell just went over to keep Lynch away so a mass brawl didn't break out. Not sure why their keeper came running over to push Russell away who was acting as peace-keeper.

And Lingard does like to get a little excited and jump around a lot doesn't he? I remember Brighton's goal to make it 4-1 in the play-off semi and he went running over to celebrate like they'd won the tie.

Russell just went over to keep Lynch away so a mass brawl didn't break out. Not sure why their keeper came running over to push Russell away who was acting as peace-keeper.

And Lingard does like to get a little excited and jump around a lot doesn't he? I remember Brighton's goal to make it 4-1 in the play-off semi and he went running over to celebrate like they'd won the tie.

​Exactly. Lynch tried to trip Ince when he was getting the ball back anyway.

That's the first thing I thought about when we were linked with him! He jumped on LuaLua's back for a consolation goal :lol:

​Exactly. Lynch tried to trip Ince when he was getting the ball back anyway.

That's the first thing I thought about when we were linked with him! He jumped on LuaLua's back for a consolation goal :lol:

​Tell you what, if we're 4-0 down at Wembley in the play-off final and we pull a goal back and he even looks remotely happy, he deserves a clip around the ear.

​Between Shotton and Warnock

Whoever it was,someone should be picking up that run

Warnock picked up the run and made a valiant effort to get a block in.

for me the relevant factors were that we allowed them to pass it around in midfield; that we didn't get a challenge in and that we were sat too deep. Coady's final pass was his fifth touch of the ball and dropped it right into the danger area. 

but it was still handball. 

​We went in sportsman good choice of real ale decent food,town fans freindly  NO need for us to go any where else.

My sort of pub

​An old friend, who's been a Real Ale fanatic since the early 1970's owns The Sportsman, he has two other pubs as well. I sometime go in there pre-match but in fairness Huddersfield's not badly off for good pubs. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

​We went in sportsman good choice of real ale decent food,town fans freindly  NO need for us to go any where else.

My sort of pub

​An old friend, who's been a Real Ale fanatic since the early 1970's owns The Sportsman, he has two other pubs as well. I sometime go in there pre-match but in fairness Huddersfield's not badly off for good pubs. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Archived