Huddersfield Town vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

Eh ? What's that got to do with it ? He can only win it in the teams he played in ?

like asking if Ronaldo would have won poty in George best days 

what a stupid question 

​You're the one that made the point that Bryson's won it twice and Paul Green never won it as a retort to Bryson only had the chance to because he played in better sides

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GRANT .. 5 

SHOTTON .. 4 .. distribution poor

KEOGH .. 6 

WHITBREAD .. 6 

WARNOCK .. 6

HENDRICK .. 5 .. 

BRYSON .. 4 .. should never have been picked ahead of Dawkins, man of the match for two games running now 

HUGHES .. 7 

INCE .. 7

BENT .. 4 .. struggled to win the ball in the air or on the ground

LINGARD .. 6

DAWKINS .. 9 .. a superb midfield performance, so much better 'in there and involved' than on the wing 

CHRISTIE .. 4 .. confidence totally gone 

RUSSELL .. 5 

Hendrick and Bryson are not capable of playing together anymore .. Hughes, Dawkins and Thorne (when fit) should be our first choice midfield .. and without Martin we are clueless up front ! 

AND .. we should STOP singing the song that goes :- 

"....and when he came to Derby he broke his f****** leg" 

The club should take an interest and BAN  those who sing it, WHAT sort of message is that sending to kids who attend Derby matches ? 

First Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Keogh and Shotton and poor covering by Warnock. 

Second Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Hendrick. 

Third goal is laughable by Grant. 

Fourth goal is Shotton's pass, Warnock falling on his face, Hughes not clearing his lines properly and Keogh not defending the back line properly.

however it was all most certainly Christie's fault for even daring to be allowed to be put on the pitch.  

First Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Keogh and Shotton and poor covering by Warnock. 

Second Huddersfield goal is awful defending by Hendrick. 

Third goal is laughable by Grant. 

Fourth goal is Shotton's pass, Warnock falling on his face, Hughes not clearing his lines properly and Keogh not defending the back line properly.

however it was all most certainly Christie's fault for even daring to be allowed to be put on the pitch.  

Now your getting mardy about the brilliant Christie. 

Did he miss the header before it got to Grant from the corner for the third goal .

Fot the 4th goal did Warnock slip trying to turn to get to the through ball he had no chance of getting after Shottons awful pass to the opposition and even then should Hughes have cleared it .

For the 1st goal was Warnock trying desperately to get a tackle in as the ball came across .

Now your getting mardy about the brilliant Christie. 

Did he miss the header before it got to Grant from the corner for the third goal .

I just don't like misplaced blame. You have already admitted that you placed the blame on Christie because Craig Ramage told you to and you just don't like him. So, that speaks volumes. 

Christie is a player low on confidence, which people readily admit, but then blame him for things he had nothing to do with. 

Christie went for the header but wasn't big enough - Grant on the other hand had the benefit of being able to use his hands. You could argued that if Grant had switched on as quick as Christie then he wouldn't have embarrassingly been beaten at his  near post. 

Any keeper that's beaten from a player scoring directly from a corner has absolutely no leg to stand on. 

I just don't like misplaced blame. You have already admitted that you placed the blame on Christie because Craig Ramage told you to and you just don't like him. So, that speaks volumes. 

Christie is a player low on confidence, which people readily admit, but then blame him for things he had nothing to do with. 

Christie went for the header but wasn't big enough - Grant on the other hand had the benefit of being able to use his hands. You could argued that if Grant had switched on as quick as Christie then he wouldn't have embarrassingly been beaten at his  near post. 

Any keeper that's beaten from a player scoring directly from a corner has absolutely no leg to stand on. 

I'm not misplacing blame .

i don't want to blame anyone. 

I think the team showed guts today to get a 4-4 and I think Huddersfield deserve some credit. 

It's gone the 4 goals went in and McClaren will have to deal with our defensive problems not me lol

Couldn't get there yesterday, but delighted to hear that Dawkins had a stormer.

As you know I'm not his biggest fan but right now the team really needs someone to grab it by the scruff of the neck and haul it forward.

Sound like Dawkins did that yesterday in the second half, so well done to him. Keep it going at Millwall.

It's been interesting reading this thread this morning and although I know some fans do get quite agitated after games it really does show a lack of class to start taking the piss out of Huddersfield Town, which one or two of you have done.

As for the match, whether you had injury and selection problems or not is hardly an excuse for abject defending. I have to say it was particularly sweet to get one over on Warnock because he used to give us a rough time in his days at Elland Road and frankly he was poor yesterday. 

I came away from the game thinking we'd let you back into it when really we should have killed you off. The disallowed Nahki Wells goal would have sealed it I think and personally I didn't see anything wrong with it. I've not seen a reply of the incident so I'll reserve judgement but it looked fine from behind that goal

I think everybody is in agreement that it was a wonderfully entertaining match and probably wish every game was like that. However, personally I'd like to see us strengthen our defence and midfield because when you score four goals at home you really should be winning the match.

Anyway, good luck to you in the play-offs and if not, see you next season!

Regards - AceT (HTFC)  

We should have had a stonewall pen i think at 3-2 when bent was getting raped all over and pulled back by one of your defenders. Lynch i think? No suprise bcos he is woeful, that bad he should be in our defence! Impossible angles of your disallowed goals from me, but think we shall be meeting again next season to be honest!

It's been interesting reading this thread this morning and although I know some fans do get quite agitated after games it really does show a lack of class to start taking the piss out of Huddersfield Town, which one or two of you have done.

As for the match, whether you had injury and selection problems or not is hardly an excuse for abject defending. I have to say it was particularly sweet to get one over on Warnock because he used to give us a rough time in his days at Elland Road and frankly he was poor yesterday. 

I came away from the game thinking we'd let you back into it when really we should have killed you off. The disallowed Nahki Wells goal would have sealed it I think and personally I didn't see anything wrong with it. I've not seen a reply of the incident so I'll reserve judgement but it looked fine from behind that goal

I think everybody is in agreement that it was a wonderfully entertaining match and probably wish every game was like that. However, personally I'd like to see us strengthen our defence and midfield because when you score four goals at home you really should be winning the match.

Anyway, good luck to you in the play-offs and if not, see you next season!

Regards - AceT (HTFC)  

​I agree you did let us back in I thought we were dead and buried at 1/2 time.We were doing fine till Zak went off then we seemed to cave in couldn`t cope and didn`t adjust to the change quickly enough.Who`s to blame Shotton for slotting in and not coping or Christie for taking too long to settle in whilst coming off the bench?.But Keogh missed a good chance in the second 1/2 which could have STOLE it.

Had a BRILL day out found A great PUB and Town fans made us welcome,anyone disrespecting HTFC needs a good kicking!.Have always enjoyed away days at Huddersfield

Glad you enjoyed the day mate, despite the obvious disappointment of not picking up maximum points. Which pub/s did you go in? I thoroughly enjoyed it and although it's clear some of our players were playing for their futures at the club we did well against a very good Derby County side.:D 

So the goals we conceded

Warnock/Shotton losing there man?

No one marking properly at the corner

Grant flapping at thin air

And then a complete collapse, Warnock on his ****and no one can get the ball away

Warnock did create Dawkins goal though and I still maintain the 4th goal was partly Shottons fault for passing the ball straight to their man creating a problem for Warnock having to turn on a sixpence as he was running forward and he didn't expect Shotton to do that so he was wrong footed and trying to turn fell over that can happen when you turn fast after the unexpected ball give away  

Even then Hughes could of cleared the ball away .

Huddersfield's first goal bothered me as we dallied down the right and when the ball came in only Warnock was trying to get a tackle in on the goalscorer arriving just too late  

The 2nd and third were bad defending from corners whichever way you look at it .

We got 4 great goals ourselves though which is a real bonus. 

Warnock did create Dawkins goal though and I still maintain the 4th goal was partly Shottons fault for passing the ball straight to their man creating a problem for Warnock having to turn on a sixpence as he was running forward and he didn't expect Shotton to do that so he was wrong footed and trying to turn fell over that can happen when you turn fast after the unexpected ball give away  

Even then Hughes could of cleared the ball away .

Huddersfield's first goal bothered me as we dallied down the right and when the ball came in only Warnock was trying to get a tackle in on the goalscorer arriving just too late  

The 2nd and third were bad defending from corners whichever way you look at it .

We got 4 great goals ourselves though which is a real bonus. 

​The thing with our defence is, its never one player or even one back four. Its about 10 different players that have played across the back four or in goal and have made mistakes that have cost us goals. Its impressive....in a bad way

​The thing with our defence is, its never one player or even one back four. Its about 10 different players that have played across the back four or in goal and have made mistakes that have cost us goals. Its impressive....in a bad way

Yes but IMO It was unfortunate that Whitbread got injured again yesterday and Shotton had to move to CB as it was a disruption .

You have a point but are we playing without a DM now and I understood from people on here that is vital to us with Martin holding the ball upfront so it's hardly surprising the defense is under pressure is it .

Yes but IMO It was unfortunate that Whitbread got injured again yesterday and Shotton had to move to CB as it was a disruption .

You have a point but are we playing without a DM now and I understood from people on here that is vital to us with Martin holding the ball upfront so it's hardly surprising the defense is under pressure is it .

​True enough, if theres no where for the ball to go then it will always end up back at the defence

Its just every time a team attacks us we look like conceding.

Keogh is running around like a loon

Christie has no idea whats happening

Shotton at CB hasnt a clue

Warnocks on his arse

Forsyth is passing the ball away

Whitbread is running through treacle

Albentosa is hoofing it to no where

Grant is flapping at nothing

Bloody chaos 

​True enough, if theres no where for the ball to go then it will always end up back at the defence

Its just every time a team attacks us we look like conceding.

Keogh is running around like a loon

Christie has no idea whats happening

Shotton at CB hasnt a clue

Warnocks on his arse

Forsyth is passing the ball away

Whitbread is running through treacle

Albentosa is hoofing it to no where

Grant is flapping at nothing

Bloody chaos 

Keep the faith we are saving ourselves for the playoffs .

The players will get together in Spain this week and we'll score 5 goals at Millwall lol

Archived