Gestede

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we go up I don't think he would be particularly great in the premier league? Maybe wouldn't mind him if we stay down.

​Problem is we couldn't afford him if we stayed down.

I like him, good in the air so would be a great option up top for us.

16 goals in 34 games aint too shabby

​Problem is we couldn't afford him if we stayed down.

I like him, good in the air so would be a great option up top for us.

16 goals in 34 games aint too shabby

​I agree with that I'm sure he would probably cost maybe 2-3 million? If we were to sell hughes for any of these very good prices that have been touted about, we would surely have enough money from that sale to maybe bring in 3 or 4 strong players to push us on next season. Hopefully any hughes deal would come with a season long loan back to us.

​I agree with that I'm sure he would probably cost maybe 2-3 million? If we were to sell hughes for any of these very good prices that have been touted about, we would surely have enough money from that sale to maybe bring in 3 or 4 strong players to push us on next season. Hopefully any hughes deal would come with a season long loan back to us.

He was supposed to be on his way to the prem in January, iirc, for about £5m.

He was supposed to be on his way to the prem in January, iirc, for about £5m.

​Bit steep 5 million in my opinion. I think we should go for maybe someone like nakhi wells from huddersfield, would offer us something different with his pace and he hasn't got a bad scoring record where ever he has been.

​Bit steep 5 million in my opinion. I think we should go for maybe someone like nakhi wells from huddersfield, would offer us something different with his pace and he hasn't got a bad scoring record where ever he has been.

​We really need, Chris Martin, a striker like Chris Martin and a striker like Bent to give us a different option. But thats expensive.

​We've got Johnny Russell haven't we? Wells would just get put out wide where he's not as effective. He needs 4-4-2 really. Bit like Mason Bennett if you ask me.

​We really need, Chris Martin, a striker like Chris Martin and a striker like Bent to give us a different option. But thats expensive.

​Well isn't Wells a Bent type player? Quick and likes to get in behind, obviously he doesn't have the pedigree of Bent but we are talking about signing players if we stay down and we won't be able to get a Darren Bent permanently if we stay down.

​We've got Johnny Russell haven't we? Wells would just get put out wide where he's not as effective. He needs 4-4-2 really. Bit like Mason Bennett if you ask me.

​I agree, I'm not saying we should sign Wells (or a player like wells)  to play as a lone man up front, he defiantly suits a 442 and that is why I think we need to find someone like that. During our bad run, a lot of people including myself felt most of our players are only really suited to certain formations, injuries obviously didn't help. We need a couple of different options to help us adapt to different systems if we get a) injury build up or b) we are playing someone like millwall for example when they just come to stop us playing. 

Like shuff said we need Martin, someone who can fill in for martin and a third option that offers something different. But hey we could win the play offs and this conversation changes so I guess we will have to wait and see where we end up but atm when i look at potential summer signings, i'm looking at our current level. 

A poor-mans Diego Costa. I like him, an absolute brute upfront and not bad with the ball at his feet.

​I'd echo this. 

Every time I've seen him, he just looks like a handful. I don't think it would matter what division either. 

The major plus with Gestede is that he's unbelievable in the air. He has won 315 aerial battles this season - 91 more than the second closest to him in the Championship. 

He would be a great signing for a promoted side, purely for that quality. He's a great outlet. Plus, he can put the ball in the back of the net too. 

Archived