Gestede

North_Stand_Ram

He didn't do much when we played them at the ipro.

come on, got injured and went off.

there's a song in there somewhere.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't do much when we played them at the ipro.

come on, got injured and went off.

there's a song in there somewhere.

​On the contrary, we won that game 2-0 because the only time they threatened and could make a ball stick up the field was when he came on. He came on and they finally had an outlet for their attacks, someone to hoof it to rather than just aimless hoofing. When he went off injured you could sense that their ace in the hole had just gone horribly horribly wrong. They had planned to bore us to death and hold the draw for an hour, and then bring him on against tired legs to nick the win, or if not then go home with the draw.

I'm in love wih these robust strikers, always been.

I hope we would be after better looking one though. Gestede's always suprised facial expression gets to my nerves already and he should know that it ain't sexy to keep your mouth too open all the time. Disgusting habit.

​On the contrary, we won that game 2-0 because the only time they threatened and could make a ball stick up the field was when he came on. He came on and they finally had an outlet for their attacks, someone to hoof it to rather than just aimless hoofing. When he went off injured you could sense that their ace in the hole had just gone horribly horribly wrong. They had planned to bore us to death and hold the draw for an hour, and then bring him on against tired legs to nick the win, or if not then go home with the draw.

Don't remember them causing us any problems.

possibly one of the easiest home wins all season.

Don't remember them causing us any problems.

possibly one of the easiest home wins all season.

Not sure easy is right word, I was pretty tense until Bent somehow flicked that first goal in. Agree with @Tombo sentiments, he was a handful when he came on. He also hasn't started all that much since Jan, they seem to rotate frontmen. If was available for £2 mill and funds were there with us still in Champ, I would snap him up

• 2 weeks later...

​Do you think we will be paying Bent type wages if we get promoted ?.

​What is Bent's type wages? He's 31, so although Premier League sides will be interested, I doubt they will throw stupid money at him. 

A two-year deal on a decent wage should be enough.

​What is Bent's type wages? He's 31, so although Premier League sides will be interested, I doubt they will throw stupid money at him. 

A two-year deal on a decent wage should be enough.

​I think hes on something silly at the minute, but it will have to drop. Villa wont keep paying him the same and I doubt anyone else will be too inclined to pay it.

​I think hes on something silly at the minute, but it will have to drop. Villa wont keep paying him the same and I doubt anyone else will be too inclined to pay it.

I can't see anyone willing to pay any more than 30,000£ based on the current market - especially on a two year deal.

Maybe a relegated side, with parachute payments, but I doubt Premier League clubs will really go all out for him.

If we're promoted then I think he will 100% sign - no question. If we stay down, I still think we stand half a chance.

I can't see anyone willing to pay any more than 30,000£ based on the current market - especially on a two year deal.

Maybe a relegated side, with parachute payments, but I doubt Premier League clubs will really go all out for him.

If we're promoted then I think he will 100% sign - no question. If we stay down, I still think we stand half a chance.

​Apparantly hes on £65k a week at Villa, which he isnt worth now.

How many clubs would pay that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived