Eustace

IoW Derby

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Might be alone here but I don't feel like we've "missed" Thorne, we've only seen him in a Derby shirt 12 times, 3 games this season and yet he's been made out to be some key part of this team that's missing.

With Eustace we was 4th last season when Thorne joined, we was 3rd when he made his debut in March and we finished 3rd. This season we was 2nd when Eustace picked up the injury, Omar played his part in that as well.

We haven't done that bad at all without Thorne, maybe he is the missing part that would have kept us in the autos, until we see more of him it's hard to say. 

Right now I'd say we've missed Eustace a lot more than Thorne.

The problem with all this is we are always looking for someone to come back in like Eustace and Thorne and Buxton and to a lesser extent Coutts before he went .

Half fit players are not always a success .

Martin looks the fittest of the returnees and Albentosa is getting there. 

I wonder if we will sign another DCM as eustace is getting on a bit and the injuries don't look good which leaves Thorne. Wouldn't mind Leadbitter if we go up and Boro fail to go up. IMO he's the best DCM behind Thorne.

I think Eustace will retire or move on at the end of the season.

Whichever division we will be in we would need a CDM unless some of the u21s are promoted -- which would do fine for the championship.

Also, I think we were always wobbly with Omar Maskhara in. He only looked good in a few games when we totally dominated sides.

I really don't think that we will go up this season. But if we do we would need: RB, CB, WF and someone as good as Martin for competition and a plan B striker like Bent/

I think Eustace will retire or move on at the end of the season.

Whichever division we will be in we would need a CDM unless some of the u21s are promoted -- which would do fine for the championship.

Also, I think we were always wobbly with Omar Maskhara in. He only looked good in a few games when we totally dominated sides.

I really don't think that we will go up this season. But if we do we would need: RB, CB, WF and someone as good as Martin for competition and a plan B striker like Bent/

Archived