Eustace

IoW Derby

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​To clarify. I've twisted nothing. I countered any claim that Eustace should be regarded more highly due to win rate etc when he featured by suggesting that would make Leon BEST a better striker than everyone else.

My point is simple. Judge a player by what he does. We know Best was not a brilliant player for us, so we don't pay attention to stats that suggest otherwise, the fair thing to do would be judge others, including Eustace with the same consistency.

Basically what Bris said. I think we've missed Martin and Thorne more in terms of their impact on the actual games.

​Might be alone here but I don't feel like we've "missed" Thorne, we've only seen him in a Derby shirt 12 times, 3 games this season and yet he's been made out to be some key part of this team that's missing.

With Eustace we was 4th last season when Thorne joined, we was 3rd when he made his debut in March and we finished 3rd. This season we was 2nd when Eustace picked up the injury, Omar played his part in that as well.

We haven't done that bad at all without Thorne, maybe he is the missing part that would have kept us in the autos, until we see more of him it's hard to say. 

Right now I'd say we've missed Eustace a lot more than Thorne.

​Might be alone here but I don't feel like we've "missed" Thorne, we've only seen him in a Derby shirt 12 times, 3 games this season and yet he's been made out to be some key part of this team that's missing.

With Eustace we was 4th last season when Thorne joined, we was 3rd when he made his debut in March and we finished 3rd. This season we was 2nd when Eustace picked up the injury, Omar played his part in that as well.

We haven't done that bad at all without Thorne, maybe he is the missing part that would have kept us in the autos, until we see more of him it's hard to say. 

PistoldPete2

Anyone who saw GT's 12 games would know the quality we've missed this season. I believe we would be champions with him in the side. Top two if Eustace had played more. We're where we are because of GT's absence and Eustaces lack of selection and the perseverance with Mascarell in a position he clearly wasnt suited to. So near yet so far.

Anyone who saw GT's 12 games would know the quality we've missed this season. I believe we would be champions with him in the side. Top two if Eustace had played more. We're where we are because of GT's absence and Eustaces lack of selection and the perseverance with Mascarell in a position he clearly wasnt suited to. So near yet so far.

​I've read some nonsense.

Thorne has not been involved all season, yet we managed to spend 90% of the season in the top 2.

Mascarell has been in the team, and now he's out injured, the team falls down the league.... Hmmmm

Martin and Thorne in the squad with the rest would be a title winning team. Injuries is not a excuse it's a fact I hate it when people say we're not blaming injuries when we have every right to there the people who make us tick..

Archived