Predict the minute Bamford will score tonight

Day

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/patrick-bamford-boro-derby-clash-8855008#ICID=sharebar_facebook

ottingham Forest fan Patrick Bamford has more reasons than most to help Boro beat Derby.

As well as looking to help Boro steal a march in the promotion battle he will be out to strike a blow against his boyhood idols’ bitter rivals.

And he will be aiming to put one over on the side he helped to the play-offs last term.

“I’ve no shortage reasons to want to win this one,” he said as Boro prepared a Rams raid. “We are all going there excited and fired up but I think I have a few extra incentives.

“Obviously it is important that Boro go there and get a result because we are chasing promotion and it is a massive game with a big chance for us to take a big step forward against one of our direct rivals.

“That is the biggest reason of course, but I have a few others. But I’ve been a Forest fan since I was born so that gives me an incentive too.

“I said at the time that scoring against Derby at home last year was a bit special and I know all my friends and family really celebrated that. So yes, there is that element too.

“But also, I was at Derby on loan for a spell last year and that is an incentive for me too because I never really got a look in up front there and that was frustrating for me. But I don’t think I have anything to prove to Derby.

“I think I did my job for them there and I helped them into the play-offs.

“They came here in December and I scored and we beat them 2-0 in quite a convincing fashion so there’s nothing to prove - although it would be nice to win again just it make sure there’s no doubts.”

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/patrick-bamford-boro-derby-clash-8855008#ICID=sharebar_facebook

ottingham Forest fan Patrick Bamford has more reasons than most to help Boro beat Derby.

As well as looking to help Boro steal a march in the promotion battle he will be out to strike a blow against his boyhood idols’ bitter rivals.

And he will be aiming to put one over on the side he helped to the play-offs last term.

“I’ve no shortage reasons to want to win this one,” he said as Boro prepared a Rams raid. “We are all going there excited and fired up but I think I have a few extra incentives.

“Obviously it is important that Boro go there and get a result because we are chasing promotion and it is a massive game with a big chance for us to take a big step forward against one of our direct rivals.

“That is the biggest reason of course, but I have a few others. But I’ve been a Forest fan since I was born so that gives me an incentive too.

“I said at the time that scoring against Derby at home last year was a bit special and I know all my friends and family really celebrated that. So yes, there is that element too.

“But also, I was at Derby on loan for a spell last year and that is an incentive for me too because I never really got a look in up front there and that was frustrating for me. But I don’t think I have anything to prove to Derby.

“They came here in December and I scored and we beat them 2-0 in quite a convincing fashion so there’s nothing to prove - although it would be nice to win again just it make sure there’s no doubts.”

oh, sorry, I see it had already been posted  - my bad.

I do think it's a bit childish and not needed tbh. 

One thing tho, HE'LL NEVER PLAY FOR CHELSEA!!!!

We knew Bamford was a Forest fan, his family were Forest fans when we signed him. It's a predictable and understandable interview with him. 

Young lad that can put a dent in our automatic promotion hopes whilst putting his current club in a position where he can add a medal to the trophy cabinet and put a smile on his families face.

Also clearly of the opinion he is a main striker and wasn't used as one at Derby which frustrated him, fair play to him and again it's nothing new, when we tried to get him on loan again it was said he's after a move somewhere he will be used as a striker.

What should he have said? Despite being a Forest fan, with Forest family I enjoyed my time at Derby more than I have at Boro, I'll do everything not to score tonight to put Derby in a better position in the table :rolleyes:

He's such an unfortunate individual isn't he? He was born a Forest fan, plays for a club in a part of the country that is an absolute poohole and he will never play for his racist parent club. 

Oh and he runs like a girl.

How unfortunate. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

We knew Bamford was a Forest fan, his family were Forest fans when we signed him. It's a predictable and understandable interview with him. 

Young lad that can put a dent in our automatic promotion hopes whilst putting his current club in a position where he can add a medal to the trophy cabinet and put a smile on his families face.

Also clearly of the opinion he is a main striker and wasn't used as one at Derby which frustrated him, fair play to him and again it's nothing new, when we tried to get him on loan again it was said he's after a move somewhere he will be used as a striker.

What should he have said? Despite being a Forest fan, with Forest family I enjoyed my time at Derby more than I have at Boro, I'll do everything not to score tonight to put Derby in a better position in the table :rolleyes:

​Even just an "I enjoyed my time at Derby" would go a long way

​(December before we played them away)

Boro play Derby tomorrow, a club Bamford played for on loan last season.

The striker is looking forward to coming up against his old club and says he has no fears about playing the Championship leaders.

“I’m excited, if anything,” he said. “To me it’s another game where we can push towards the top of the table.

“It’s a fixture I look out for,” added Bamford, “It was a great team to play for; I can’t speak highly enough of the lads, the place and the staff, the whole club really. I really enjoyed my time there. It will be good to play against players I know really well.”

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/in-form-patrick-bamford-tells-boro-8275084

7th of the 3 added on minutes.

Some of you really need to lighten up regarding his comments.

He is no longer a Derby player, and never actually was, he was only here on loan.

We all knew the Forest connections and that never seemed to be a problem when he was scoring goals for us.

Makes me laugh how we expect him to show some loyalty to us. I can still remember the outrage when Mac had a bit of a joke with Yakubu as he came on to the pitch against us...

If anyone watched his goal celebrations on Sat they will wonder what he has become.   Can just imagine our fans reaction to that..     And the black gloves and carefully coiffured hair .............................................

Archived