Sunderland after McClaren

StringerBell

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone think Sunderland would be a bad move? 

They have money, they have the fanbase and barring relegation, they have Premier League status. 

If Sunderland come down, we go up then It's a no brainer.
If Sunderland stay up, we stay down... It's a no brainer.
If Sunderland stay up, we go up... It becomes a tough choice. The board would have to show McClaren has the full backing of a club that wants to become established in the top flight, like Sunderland's have... 

​hes no rated up here in Scotland and quite honestly with what ive seen from him this year I can now agree with this , if he cant get this derby county team up even with the injuries hes had hes been a failure , best squad in the league by a mile and in 4th place , its not good enough boycie boy, ive no bones with brsyon no getting back in whilst hendrick was playing well , I have got a problem when hes not playing well  however and still stays in the team , also how some other players captain included keep their place when such a big squad is at his disposal is beyond me , its not good management and will cause him problems

They have money, they have the fanbase and barring relegation, they have Premier League status. 

If Sunderland stay up, we go up... It becomes a tough choice. The board would have to show McClaren has the full backing of a club that wants to become established in the top flight, like Sunderland's have... 

​Yeah, definitely. I don't think it was ever in question to be now or never, though. I meant in the summer - if we don't go up and they stay up then it would be a good move for him. 

​Agreed, but 'big' is all relative. I doubt many Manchester United fans think Derby are a club club, but Ilkeston Town fans think we're huge! ;)

Although I am a huge fan of our manager, ValleyRam has a bit of a point here - he's not been flawless - but let's reserve judgement until game 46 ends. With the talent we have and the time we've been together, coupled with the backing of the owners and management, we should be in 1st. He took Birmingham for granted at the end part of the game didn't he, and he's learned his lesson, but the constant chopping and changing - and not always driven by injury either - has been unsettling for some players, and for our game.  He's also won us points with some of his savvy changes so let's be fair to note that as well. But I think you can make a case that Eddie Howe and Kenny Jacket have done as fine a job if not better given their resources. 

Still, we win v Boro and Wolves ... and we should see the race through thereafter with the right selections and the right motivation.

I do think that if we go up, he'll stay unless its Man U Man City Arsenal or one of the real big European boys come a-knocking. If we don't go up, he'll be gone to a PL team such as Newcastle or Sunderland. He's ambitious. I just hope that his eyes are firmly on the prize of promotion right now. I think they are.

Archived