Hanson or Mascarell?

South Ram

Who would you prefer to see in that holding role? Mascarell or Hanson? (obviously i know thorne is first choice and should be back soon, but you get what I mean) Personally i'd prefer Hanson as he has potential to be as good as hughes and hendo are now if he plays in the first team! But yeah thats my opinion! 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally still think cdm isn't mascarells position. I think a more suitable formation for his better traits (Ie passing) would be a 4 2 3 1. With omar playing alongside another midfielder like thorne. So i'd say yes thorne first choice but if he isn't 100 per cent for tuesday then keep hanson in. He did himself proud and deserves to have another crack at it in front of what im guessing will be pretty much a sell out on tuesday.

With Mascarell being injured, it's kind of a moot point.

On the stength of 1 single game, Hanson looks more suited to the Championship than Mascarell.

I personally think Mascarell just isn't suited to British football, not that he's a bad footballer, but just not up to the 100mph tempo and will go on to be a decent player in soiuthern europe, but he's never really worked at Derby, but he has had some good games and contributed to us being still in the mix. Maybe in a different formation he'd have done more, but for CDM in our team, I think Hanson has it.

In away games anyone but Mascarell I'd have thought as he cant tackle effectively, in home games its not so bad as we are usually on the front foot. Can't believe by the sounds of things they would have again played Omar at Norwich the way they were talking but suppose we'll never know.

Ok, one game in and now let's heap pressure on the kid.

Let's play Max Lowe on Tuesday, and then everyone will be Max Lowe for left back.

following game let's play Koblenz, then it will be play him every game and finally, let's give Vernam his debut. He runs around a lot, play him every game.

We must get Thorne back, we must get Martin back. Essential. Play the experienced pro's as long as we can.

Archived