Apple Watch

Wolfie

£300 for a watch that will need charging every day & has to be paired with an iPhone 5 or above to work.

Or how about £13,500 for a solid gold version of the above, which will be obsolete within a year and can't be updated.

I'm an Apple fan. Having had an iPhone 3GS for a while and liked it, I then flirted with Blackberry products (never again), only to return to Apple with currently an iPhone 5S, iPad mini and most recently an iPhone 6 for the missus.

My attachment to any brand, however, has it's limits and the Apple watch has gone way beyond that for me. I'm just interested to hear what the other Apple fans on here think?.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing more pointless than a smart watch. Is it really that much effort to get your phone out? I dont wear watches, but if I did I would rather spend that money on a proper watch than one of these pieces of tat. No doubt Apple fan boys* will flock to this and proclaim it the second coming of jesus.

*Where "Apple fan boys" read Daveo

Yeah, I haven't got time to mess around with a smart watch. I just want a watch that tells the time and my £20 Casio special from Argos is working an absolute treat for work, 4 years in and no sign of it needing charging just yet...

I've been waiting for a decent smart watch for ages. I'm convinced it's similar to the tablet. We all said: 'why would I ever need a tablet, it's just a huge phone, or a stupid little computer', now everyone has one. I reckon traditional watch manufacturers will be making watches with smart elements soon. 

its meant to be an answer to information overload, which has been presented by futurologists as one of the main and mis concerning problems of a more connected future. If you can simply delete that crap email with a flick on your watch, instead of digging your huge phone out of you pocket or bag, then that saves seconds, and those seconds add up. 

However, I'll be waiting for a future version of the apple watch. It missed some basic functionality of a watch. My current watch cost £300, so I've no problem paying that much for a watch. But it's a special edition Casio g-shock, it's ******* indestructible and has lasted 5 years of tough use. And it's it gold in it, so it's quite dressy too. I can see an apple watch smashing to bits quite easily, or getting drowned in the bath when I forget to take it off. And then I will cry.

It really shouldn be too difficult for them to make it waterproof and just a bit tough at least. It must be coming in version 2. 

I've been waiting for a decent smart watch for ages. I'm convinced it's similar to the tablet. We all said: 'why would I ever need a tablet, it's just a huge phone, or a stupid little computer', now everyone has one. I reckon traditional watch manufacturers will be making watches with smart elements soon. 

its meant to be an answer to information overload, which has been presented by futurologists as one of the main and mis concerning problems of a more connected future. If you can simply delete that crap email with a flick on your watch, instead of digging your huge phone out of you pocket or bag, then that saves seconds, and those seconds add up. 

However, I'll be waiting for a future version of the apple watch. It missed some basic functionality of a watch. My current watch cost £300, so I've no problem paying that much for a watch. But it's a special edition Casio g-shock, it's ******* indestructible and has lasted 5 years of tough use. And it's it gold in it, so it's quite dressy too. I can see an apple watch smashing to bits quite easily, or getting drowned in the bath when I forget to take it off. And then I will cry.

It really shouldn be too difficult for them to make it waterproof and just a bit tough at least. It must be coming in version 2. 

I've had an iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, iPad 2, iPad Mini, MacBook Retina, iMac, iPod Classic.

I absolutely love Apple products, love them. Haters are going to hate, let them suffer with Windows and Android crap.

But, BUT Apple, NO! There is no way Pedro I would get one of these watches, ignore the look, ignore the price, ignore the battery life, why on earth do I need a watch to sync with my phone?

How lazy are people? My wrist is never more than a few feet of my pocket where my phone is. When I get a text or email I'm going to pull my phone out.

And off topic but still, Gold iPhones look tacky, Gold iPads look tacky, Gold MacBooks look horrendous! 

Bling bling my arse, tack tacky cheap looking cringeworthy Argos worthy tat, next people will have engraved Best Dad in the back.

Stop trying to cater for the TOWIE watching, Argos jewellery wearing, sunbed using, Snoop Dogg bling bling wannabes Apple, it's cheapening the brand. 

You won't lose me as a customer as you still have the best products on the market but come on, pull yourselfs together

I've had an iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, iPad 2, iPad Mini, MacBook Retina, iMac, iPod Classic.

I absolutely love Apple products, love them. Haters are going to hate, let them suffer with Windows and Android crap.

But, BUT Apple, NO! There is no way Pedro I would get one of these watches, ignore the look, ignore the price, ignore the battery life, why on earth do I need a watch to sync with my phone?

How lazy are people? My wrist is never more than a few feet of my pocket where my phone is. When I get a text or email I'm going to pull my phone out.

And off topic but still, Gold iPhones look tacky, Gold iPads look tacky, Gold MacBooks look horrendous! 

Bling bling my arse, tack tacky cheap looking cringeworthy Argos worthy tat, next people will have engraved Best Dad in the back.

Stop trying to cater for the TOWIE watching, Argos jewellery wearing, sunbed using, Snoop Dogg bling bling wannabes Apple, it's cheapening the brand. 

You won't lose me as a customer as you still have the best products on the market but come on, pull yourselfs together

Mobile Phones are plateauing. There isn't much more that can be done with a smartphone so they are trying to avoid a PC style plateau where a machine could easily like 5 years and still be lightning fast.​

So phone companies are now trying to create a new technology and have something to get the tech guys to innovate.

I'd have been tempted in the watch with a nice metal strap for about £300. But those are going for over 800 quid! compared to the shitty rubber strap and the other metal band they want £500. £500 just for a ******* strap. Da Fuq?

Edit: I've just realised there are actually difference from the "Sport" and the normal edition watch. Still a stupid amount of money though.

Apple have nailed avoiding that plateau already by making iOS updates run like turd on older devices, 4S with iOS8 is horrible apparently, a lot of apps now require iOS 8 for their updates. 3 and a half year phone pretty much unsupported now.

With phone contracts around 2 years as standard now the majority will renew/upgrade.

The Apple watch didn't bother me too much because I knew I didn't want one and could just ignore it.

They have now added an Apple Watch app to my phone, with the last software update and you can't even delete the bugger. Seriously?. this is worse than the sodding U2 free album that no-one wanted or asked for.

Will they be next be adding sponsored Apps "that you may be interested in"?. If I want it, I know where the App Store is, thanks very much. Not happy with this.

The U2 album was awful, thankfully they released that tool to remove it from your account.

The Apple watch icon looks hideous as well, I just add it in a folder with the rest of the pre installed crap I never use. All phones do it, no idea why they won't let us at least hide them from the screen. 

The U2 album was awful, thankfully they released that tool to remove it from your account.

The Apple watch icon looks hideous as well, I just add it in a folder with the rest of the pre installed crap I never use. All phones do it, no idea why they won't let us at least hide them from the screen. 

My crap folder has a few in that I'll never use, just sat there taking up space 

Newsstand in, I'll never buy magazine pdf's to read on my phone

Reminders, if I was to use that it would be things I was trying to forget

Compass, I know where the pub is

Voice memos, use notes instead

Passbook, can't even think where I would even use that

Videos, nope, never buy any videos

Health, given up on that now

Stocks, can't afford to get into that crazy stuff

iBooks, prefer real books

Archived