Derby County Flags

Inverurie Ram

6 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Sad news that a Derby supporter would choose to turn on one of their own players at a ground where they are there to support them, especially when so many decent supporters couldn't even get a ticket for today's match.

Top post me owd mucker. Moaning about players is all well and good in the pub, at work or on here, but it takes a special type of cockwomble to slag their own players off at the match.

Don't go, stay at home and moan on Radio Derby on a Monday evening.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Top post me owd mucker. Moaning about players is all well and good in the pub, at work or on here, but it takes a special type of cockwomble to slag their own players off at the match.

Exactly.

It takes me back to Wembley against Q.P.R where I had to listen to this 20+ ish so called Derby fan sat right in front of me, that clearly liked a lot of pizza and that spent quite a lot of the match calling Jamie Ward a f@ck'n *hat, I just kept saying "Get behind them, not against them" and trying to be polite and to encourage our own, but he took no notice, and continued with his slagging. Yep a total cockwomble. Thinking back, I might have been better off, poking him up his *hat with every Q.P.R. flag in the ground that day!

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

And yet I hear the sort of stuff I read on here regularly at both home and away matches. I can't understand it.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

And yet I hear the sort of stuff I read on here regularly at both home and away matches. I can't understand it.

Up at the back of the South stand we hear very little slagging off of individual players. Everyone is standing and its more like the old terrace atmosphere. Individual moans don't get heard because there's always a chant being started, it may not spread down the stand but there's rarely a moment without someone trying to get one going

I've been in all areas of the ground since it opened in 1997 and i have found the quieter the area the more likely some knobbhead will scream out his displeasure at one of the players. Maybe they don't get a word in at home so its the only chance they will be heard!

When you are more interested in getting behind your team you are less likely to moan during the match.

Thinking back, it happened at the Baseball Ground in the seating areas, the terraces were generally full of people who wanted to sing and support their team. They tended to leave the moaning until after the game.

• 4 weeks later...