Will Martin and Thorne drive us to promotion

Curtains

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - Martin drives a two seater Lamborghini. I’ve no idea what Thorne drives but it is unlikely to fit the rest of the 37,000 of us in who will be going to Wembley. And in any event, they’d be too busy preparing for the match to start giving lifts to complete strangers.

​Terrible call, Curtains. 

Forsyth is perhaps the best defensive full-back in the divsion. Outstanding player defensively, who rarely gets beat. Shotton on the other hand is just a poor footballer, who consistently misplaces paces and struggles with players that run at him. 

Christie and Forsyth are streets ahead of Shotton and Warnock, for me 

The thing is  we are blowing it I'm afraid. 

Anyone that saw Warnock vs Reading would never suggest putting him in. Forsyth rarely ever gets beat, never gets outdone in the air against his man and restricts crosses in to the box very well. I have to wonder what people are actually seing at the ground sometimes.

Anyone that saw Warnock vs Reading would never suggest putting him in. Forsyth rarely ever gets beat, never gets outdone in the air against his man and restricts crosses in to the box very well. I have to wonder what people are actually seing at the ground sometimes.

What I see is us throwing away promotion unless we improve.

Rotherham ,Fulham, and Brighton Away

1 point from 9

Brum at home 2 up in injury time and don't win .

Rotherham away 3-1 down !

Forsyth was carp I know I went and Christie was poor as was Buxton 

​Agreed on Fozzy, he's usually pretty solid defensively and gives us a bit of threat going forwards. However if there's one thing that does my head in its his sloppy passing when his head drops. He needs to cut that out, however I don't see many better LB's in this league. 

​One little bad spell and you are blaming players with no real reason? Get a grip. If you want to destroy squad confidence then go ahead, Brum was just one of those things that happens. Fans are getting carried away here, we aren't going to hit the highs every game. When we get key players back in midfield and upfront we'll get going again.

I don't want to cause any angst but I thought Forsyth was superb on Saturday. Lots of tackles, headers, interceptions etc. I doubt I've ever seen him play any better [accepting I only see 10 games a season]. Whatever the problem is, he's not it in my view.....

Back on the subject of Thorne and Martin, I remember at the start of this season when Thorne sustained his injury, the general consensus was that if we're not too astray from the top when he comes back we'll be in good shape.

Despite the ludicrously frustrating few weeks we've had, I think if Thorne and Martin come back fit in the next week, we will absolutely trounce the remaining fixtures.

Archived