Why don't McLaren use our under 21 players more.

twinthe_12

First and foremost Martin should have been rested more than he has been, but remember what Clough did he introduced our young and upcomming players a lot more.

We have Alban Bunjaku, Alefe Santos, Tom Koblenz and Ivan Calero but aloso Mason Bennett and if there are only going to improve futher if they got a chance to play in the first team.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point in the season,none of them are ready or tbh good enough at this point for the run in.

I have heard some good things,especially about Koblenz,but he is not going to make team ahead of the midfielders we have.

Mac know's what he is doing:They will feature when they are ready but do not see any playing for senior squad this season.

One of the reasons Clough brought in youngsters is because the season was normally over by Christmas. Not a chance of promotion and not really a significant chance of relegation. He was able to bring kids in. If SM played the kids and we lost, missing out of automatics by the odd point, I think Derby Gaol would have a new inmate...

First and foremost Martin should have been rested more than he has been, but remember what Clough did he introduced our young and upcomming players a lot more.

We have Alban Bunjaku, Alefe Santos, Tom Koblenz and Ivan Calero but aloso Mason Bennett and if there are only going to improve futher if they got a chance to play in the first team.

Because we have a lot stronger squad than we did under Clough and we are also fighting for something. At the moment  it isnt the right time but if any of them do start to develop like Hughes did for example, I am sure McClaren will bring them in when he feels theyre ready.

Hughes and Christie are both under 21.

im not sure like countless other threads that have appeared over the past few days, I can see the point the poster is tring to make.

Archived