Striker dilemma

Kernow

Martin won't be back for Tuesday, but probably will for Saturday from what I've read/heard. Bent will probably be out for a couple weeks, so who plays up front v Brighton?

Russell is an option but after his injury is he ready to start a game? Other options are Dawkins or Thomas. I'm not sure who will be played to be honest.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomas, as the only recognised striker in the squad, has to play if we stick to the current formation.

Russell is not match-fit yet and has not played in the forward role since he played for Dundee Utd, would be risky to say the least dropping him in the deep end.

Alternatively, switching formations to something similar to a 5-3-2 might work and push the two wingers more central?

In all seriousness though, I'm worried how we can even think to be playing our normal game without a recognised striker who can play in that role (and is used to doing so). Forcing Russell or someone else to change his usual game to fit in that position will end in disaster.

Even if that was being considered wouldn't the 2 clubs in a season rule make it impossible? Ipswich & Rotherham so that world mean he can't play for us right?

Archived