Fulham v Derby County

AmericanRam

Let's see who have we that can play up front come short receive and shield a ball and retain possession allowing others to make runs...............

Simon Dawkins springs to mind

Other option is Kwame Thomas who play the role for U21

But would not be surprised if Martin makes a appearance despite what Mac says

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously we were poor but the only persistent problem for me is Cyrus Christie and Darren Bent

Christie hasn't played anything better than average for a long time. He was heavily involved in being useless in defeats to Boro and Leeds. In fact, does anyone know the last time he was better than alright? Because he's been abysmal more times than he's been brilliant.

A poor performance - as bad as any this season, but it was just one of those things. Scott Parker was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

Leeds, Boro, Fulham. 

When teams close us down, hurry us up and stop us playing nice passes, we fall completely apart.  I'm very concerned that nothing what so ever is being done to address the problems in our game that leave us open to exploitation when teams line up against us to stop us playing our nice game.  Steve Mac said very clearly during his post match interview, that this kind of performance is likely to happen again this season.  I'd rather he reassured me that it wouldnt.

Christie has only ever been good at bombing down the wing and banging it in first time. To watch the lad on the ball trying to beat people or dribble was toe-curlingly painful.

Omar, Keogh, Buxton and Grant look like worried strangers. I'm worried for us.

Leeds, Boro, Fulham. 

When teams close us down, hurry us up and stop us playing nice passes, we fall completely apart.  I'm very concerned that nothing what so ever is being done to address the problems in our game that leave us open to exploitation when teams line up against us to stop us playing our nice game.  Steve Mac said very clearly during his post match interview, that this kind of performance is likely to happen again this season.  I'd rather he reassured me that it wouldnt.

Christie has only ever been good at bombing down the wing and banging it in first time. To watch the lad on the ball trying to beat people or dribble was toe-curlingly painful.

Well after spending the whole day biggin' up Derby's "dutch style" to my mate who'd decided to join me for the match, I've been left with egg on my face.

Bottled it big time today - in fact we've not exactly set the world light in the league against the central London teams this season.

Though I was furious with the ref for letting that foul on Hughes stand in the build up to their second, I can't say we deserved anything from the match. 

Here's hoping we get back to winning ways against Brighton.

​No sloppiness that we lost the ball. We were pressed and when under pressure our players couldnt find an immediate outlet.  It happened time and time again.  There was no movement off the ball to provide that outlet.  This was the sloppiness.  Leeds provided the blueprint for Boro. Get into Derby, they dont like it.

​We lose against the 'lesser teams' because their game isnt primarily about themselves.  Its about stopping us through relentless pressure when we are on the ball. When they pick up the ball after we lose possession, then they can play their game.  They are better at getting the ball and finding their passes from then on, than we are trying to win it back and building from there.

Leeds, Boro, Fulham. 

Was it my poor view of the game or was Keogh nutmegged like 3 times?. Close your legs or turn sideways man! 

Made me laugh on what I thought was the 3rd. Started to wonder how far apart his legs are. 

Today was perhaps the first time I'd accepted we won't make a comeback well before the game was over. After 2,000 blocked crosses i started to think that crosses might not work

Was it my poor view of the game or was Keogh nutmegged like 3 times?. Close your legs or turn sideways man! 

Made me laugh on what I thought was the 3rd. Started to wonder how far apart his legs are. 

Today was perhaps the first time I'd accepted we won't make a comeback well before the game was over. After 2,000 blocked crosses i started to think that crosses might not work

Archived