Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

1 hour ago, Alph said:

Only got back from work for the Cacace fight.

what happened? 

Easily won 11 of the 12 rounds, one judge had it a draw, the other two just edged it for Kelly. Wild. 

114-114, 115-113, 115-114

4 minutes ago, Day said:

Easily won 11 of the 12 rounds, one judge had it a draw, the other two just edged it for Kelly. Wild. 

114-114, 115-113, 115-114

Oh right. One of the scores for Buatsi v Hutchinson was stupid too. 

Mad innit that boxing still goes one with the most blatant corruptible system 

9.30pm and Sky Sports are apologising for strong language as Liam Gallagher drops an F bomb.

This is before 2 units go head to head punching each other in the face.

I love how scared they are to offend, after the watershed 😂

3 minutes ago, Day said:

9.30pm and Sky Sports are apologising for strong language as Liam Gallagher drops an F bomb.

This is before 2 units go head to head punching each other in the face.

I love how scared they are to offend, after the watershed 😂

They should be apologising for Liam’s awful frigging singing. If I had an Oasis ticket I’d be crying right now.

That Referee should never get near a ring again. Disgraceful performance, should’ve counted AJ out in the 3rd.

Dubois was outstanding, head and shoulders above AJ.

Bit that was not what anyone wants to see, AJ was extremely brave to keep going but he shouldn’t have had the opportunity!

Infact his corner should’ve thrown the towel in way before it ended!

I love boxing, but didn’t like that it was verging on bloody dangerous

Credit to Dubois, incredible performance. Don't get some of the hate Joshua gets, especially when compared to what a bamford Fury is and he's loved by everyone, strange. Never ducks anyone, always shows heart on the ring. 

Fight would've been completely different if AJ hadn't walked back to his corner with 5 seconds to go in the first round with his hands down. 

Complacency? Lack of preparation? Or was Dubois just that good? Guess we'll see in the rematch if it happens.

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Credit to Dubois, incredible performance. Don't get some of the hate Joshua gets, especially when compared to what a bamford Fury is and he's loved by everyone, strange. Never ducks anyone, always shows heart on the ring. 

Fight would've been completely different if AJ hadn't walked back to his corner with 5 seconds to go in the first round with his hands down. 

Complacency? Lack of preparation? Or was Dubois just that good? Guess we'll see in the rematch if it happens.

I think Dubois was that good mate TBH, he went after him straight from the first seconds

Edited by Ted McMinn Football Genius

Shocker! 

Where to start with AJ. 
Forever an absolute pussy in the clinch. Always been so weak. You can’t recover if you don’t know how to cover up or clinch. 6ft 6”, 18st and he’d get wrestled to the ground by a pug. 

As if he hurt Dubois, got a reply and then thought that he could go again. Dubois just replied!!! He’s obviously not finished!!! 

Credit to Dubois. Clearly saw AJ was open to those quick lunging hooks around the guard. Still gotta be brave though because a straight right hand in reply ends the night. Joshua really looked shell shocked from the start. 

AJ fought how Dubois has so often fought. Dubois fought like an underdog with nothing to lose. 

23 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

See I like Fury but agree completely on the AJ hate. It’s well OTT. 

I think AJ expected Dubois to be more aware of Dubois own weakness. He’s got a poor defence so it would make sense for him to work behind that double jab he loves and then get in range before doing owt. Then AJ could send one straight down the middle. Counter punch KO. 
Instead Dubois didn’t give a toss about getting caught and threw hooks from out of range and almost jumped in with them. 

That one in the first round. Look how far that travels from AJ’s perspective. He’s stepped well out of range of the right hand but suddenly it’s come all the way through to his chin. And when you can’t clinch then you’re just bouncing around the ring with nowhere to hide. He’s a bit thick too. He won’t cover up in a corner. 

16 minutes ago, Alph said:

Forever an absolute pussy in the clinch. Always been so weak. You can’t recover if you don’t know how to cover up or clinch. 6ft 6”, 18st and he’d get wrestled to the ground by a pug. 

See that's the difference with AJ vs Fury and Usyk.
AJ is so so poor in the clinch, doesn't use his size, doesn't try dirty punches or anything to rough up his opponent. Fury leans all over opponents in the clinch, uses his size well. Usyk as well, really clever when clinching.