Milk First

Day

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea southerners are weird

Good job I am not a Southerner by birth then Shuff.

I am from your neck of the woods, give or take c40 miles. I moved in my early 30's for the benefit of my career, and the convenience of the indoor convenience. If you are drinking fruit infused beverages you can be on the shitter quite a long time I can tell you.

Good job I am not a Southerner by birth then Shuff.

I am from your neck of the woods, give or take c40 miles. I moved in my early 30's for the benefit of my career, and the convenience of the indoor convenience. If you are drinking fruit infused beverages you can be on the shitter quite a long time I can tell you.

I'm down in Bristol at the minute, from south Derbyshire originally. Nothing wrong with some cider, just polished one off!

Always put milk in first, you can see how strong it goes right before your eyes. Milk in last and black is black don't know how strong or weak you've made it.

Assume this is using a teapot?. Otherwise just leave the bag in until you've out the milk in (last) to check the strength.

Anyway I thought there was a scientific reason to put milk in last, in that if it's milk first, then it cools down the tea and you don't get the flavour out of the teabag as much.

never seen the point of teapots if you're using teabags - unless you're being tight. Teapots for loose tea, yes, but that's just too messy.

Ginger nuns' breastmilk only.

Not sure about this. No problem with the breast milk of a nun, but the prospect of finding a springy ginger hair (pubic or otherwise) floating on the surface of my beverage would be rather off putting.

I went down on a ginger girl once, and for a week afterwards I thought I had a chicken bone stuck in the back off my throat. You young'uns beware.

Used to think it didn't matter, as long as they all were in the cup at some point.

Then last Saturday messed around with the cup, swopped cows milk for goats milk, honey for sugar, and changed my bag from a dependable Scottish brew, to a dirty Yorkshire teabag.

The result was terrible, the bag left the cup far too soon, leaving the tea weak, tried my best to swallow it, but soon the tea followed the bag out the cup.

Nevermind, went back to the old formula a few days later, but there was still a bitter aftertaste, lasted 2/3 of the next brew, but came out nice enough in the end!

Archived