Still a decent weekend despite cup exit

Kernow

I am not part of any Group Kernow. I just want to win winnable games, and see where it takes us. We might get the 3 biggies, we could of got 4 of the smallest. Don't get too excited either by Brentford losing; they are not challengers for automatics. So we come back to Bournemouth have drawn, and I can't in isolation with some 16 games to go, get too excited about that.

Well considering we lost, it's nice to be able to think that if we win we're back in the top 2 which is the aim.

It's better to look back at positives when there are some after defeats. You can't purely look at our results. You're telling me when we win you don't look at the results of Bmouth & Boro? Are you not bothered whether they win, lose or draw?

We have only league games left, win on Tuesday and we're back in the top 2 with our whole focus on not leaving those two spots for the rest of the season. It could definitely be worse.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FA cup is a pipe dream for most Championship clubs, the best they hope for is a home tie against a big club and bow out... i would prefer no distractions or injuries from chasing the dream - this season.

I think we/ The Holy Trinity learnt more from this loss than if we had won, and will work/think on it, we will be stronger for the loss in my opinion.Players rested,lessons learnt etc.

Bring on top 2 by Tues night ;)

Completely.

Had this been in a Clough season where we were lingering mid-table, with no real hopes of promotion and no real concerns of relegation then I'd be very annoyed yes. I believe Reading are going to be much happier to get through than we'd have been as we have bigger aspirations to push for.

Sometimes things happen because they are meant to. Call me a hippy but I think today worked out well. 

We went out the cup, which is good for us in terms of the league, and Bournemouth dropped points. 

We didn't disgrace ourselves and we lost with ten men. Very little mirror staring. It happens.

On with the league.  

Well considering we lost, it's nice to be able to think that if we win we're back in the top 2 which is the aim.

It's better to look back at positives when there are some after defeats. You can't purely look at our results. You're telling me when we win you don't look at the results of Bmouth & Boro? Are you not bothered whether they win, lose or draw?

We have only league games left, win on Tuesday and we're back in the top 2 with our whole focus on not leaving those two spots for the rest of the season. It could definitely be worse.

Oh it could definitely have been a worse weekend, but you opened this thread suggesting that us losing a winnable cup game was still quite a decent weekend. If your opening thread was "good news Bournemouth drop another 2 points", I couldn't argue with that. I am not too bothered by other teams results, and neither is Mac. He tells us all often that his and the team's focus is on us doing our jobs, and not worrying about others. I hope you and Rob get the victory you crave for on Tuesday, because I think if we lose you might both go into free fall. I will keep banging on about it, but if we get 92 points from 46 games we will go up.

Your naivety is not being jubilant that our closest contenders to the autos dropped two points in an absolute banker of a home fixture. If we win Tuesday, it's all in our hands.

Well yes but Ipswich Norwich and Watford all won and boro didn't play. We are only 6 points clear of Brentford in 7th, 1 clear of Ipswich and 2 from Watford. It's still very tight and bournemouth dropping 2 points means nothing unless we can keep winning games in the league.

Disappointing weekend; we should really be in the last 8 of the cup. We just need to focus on winning or drawing our games. Let everybody else worry about their teams.

It could be worse, imagine being a Fulham fan losing at home to Ipswich  :ph34r:

I know other people care about the cup but personally, I don't. Decent weekend with Bournemouth dropping two points. Just a shame that Bolton couldn't get a point as well.

Agree with Srg. If we don't do well on Tuesday then my opinion might change.

Archived