Promotion or FA Cup?

Carl Sagan

Which would you rather win?  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't you go into europe if you win the fa cup? If we did win then we would be able to attract even better players and be certs to get promoted next year.

Yes,winning the cup means straight into Europa League.If we got there and lost,could still get in if those who beat us had qualified for Champions League also.

Would go into qualifying or playoff stages though.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back the Anglo-Italian Cup.

Best of all worlds.

A trophy, Wembley trip to be fought for, competing against the illustrious cream of European football.

Happy?

<<shrugs shoulders>>

Not at all. It has to be FA Cup WIN and nothing else. I wouldn't sacrifice promotion for the League Cup.

Bring back the Anglo-Italian Cup.

Best of all worlds.

A trophy, Wembley trip to be fought for, competing against the illustrious cream of European football.

Happy?

<<shrugs shoulders>>

Provided we could play Creamofcelery again in the final and get our revenge.

go on then... list your rewards. I don't see a single realistic reward.

And No, I'm not interested in seeing Wayne Rooney or Sergio Aguero playing at iPro unless they're in Derby shirts.

my rewards or the clubs rewards??

I think the club would be rewarded with a bit of extra cash to strengthen the side and possibly secure some top flight football rather than having to watch us play teams like blackpool, charlton and forest.

my rewards or the clubs rewards??

I think the club would be rewarded with a bit of extra cash to strengthen the side and possibly secure some top flight football rather than having to watch us play teams like blackpool, charlton and forest.

The extra club cash received is generally lost in the increase in wages and transfer fees trying to survive.

You're a bizarre person if you'd rather see us struggle against rubbish teams in a higher division than to play well against poor teams in this division. The game is about entertainment and nothing else surely? 

Playing Forest is the highlight of the season, and I would miss the fixtures if we were in different leagues.

The extra club cash received is generally lost in the increase in wages and transfer fees trying to survive.

You're a bizarre person if you'd rather see us struggle against rubbish teams in a higher division than to play well against poor teams in this division. The game is about entertainment and nothing else surely? 

Playing Forest is the highlight of the season, and I would miss the fixtures if we were in different leagues.

Me too...

Come to think of it, that's another good example. Last time Sunderland won the FA Cup they finished 6th in the 2nd Division. How many Sunderland fans do you think would trade that FA Cup win for a promotion in 72-73?

Football is a completely different game nowadays

i had a forest fan say the same as you the other day. Why has everyone been banging on about no ambition at the club etc... then when we actually look like we can get up a level.....oh i'd rather we stay where we are because we'll win a few more matches.

It's like a job. You can sit in the same job all your life and pull in a few bonuses or you can look to stretch yourself see what your really capable of.

i had a forest fan say the same as you the other day. Why has everyone been banging on about no ambition at the club etc... then when we actually look like we can get up a level.....oh i'd rather we stay where we are because we'll win a few more matches.

It's like a job. You can sit in the same job all your life and pull in a few bonuses or you can look to stretch yourself see what your really capable of.

the choice wasn't FA Cup win but NEVER promoted.... 

The league definitely......I was watching a Brian clough interview the other day(the one where he gives John motson a ear bending) and he said do too...so it must be correct

you should've watched properly, he was talking about winning the WHOLE football league (ie the Premier League) NOT winning Promotion.

Archived