Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone give roos a 5, made two cracking saves from that big striker they have, kicking was the only thing that let him down! Thought he kept us in it at 1 nil down. For me I'm positive we will kick on from this, our players gave everything today and deserved more. TUE night is the big one!!

Am I right in thinking that Warnock made two fouls and got booked for both?

They may have both been yellow card offences but rarely do you see a ref go to his pocket immediately unless it's a bad foul or in a dangerous position. I felt he could have let him off for the second challenge and Reading wouldn't have complained too much.

Anyone think warnock should of had a free kick just before his yellow! The challange on him was a derby free kick then he ran into that guy and got sent off

Am I right in thinking that Warnock made two fouls and got booked for both?

They may have both been yellow card offences but rarely do you see a ref go to his pocket immediately unless it's a bad foul or in a dangerous position. I felt he could have let him off for the second challenge and Reading wouldn't have complained too much.

They could of had one sent of for sure they got away with a lot

Can't argue with the red... For me throughout the game though... Didn't really let game flow. As I discussed earlier in week with Alpha... Got natural referees and manufactured ones. He's a manufactured one.

Thought we played well. 11 v 11 would have won comfortably...

You can tell Steve Clarke has been around Mourinho mind.

On the deck after nearly every challenge... Thought they dropped like flies.

Thought Dawkins was my MOM especially first half... A lot of our play went through him.

Lingard would be awesome through the middle for me. Or just behind the main striker... A faster version of Chris Commons would be my comparison...

Enjoyed despite the defeat... Reading ain't great but just managed to get job done against 10 men...

Red card changed the game. The ref set the bar early on it was going to be a non contact game. Warnock with all his 'experience' should have known better.

At least he apologized. Still for me his actions ruined the game.

On another note what was Forsyth doing against Yakubu for the goal should easily have sorted that one out.

Anyway overall a good performance with 10 men against a full strength Championship team. If losing today meant us going up at the end of the season, I would accept that it in a heartbeat.

Gutted we lost but we should of had a free kick in the first half on that fouled before Warnock sent off.... Ref is useless my rating for him 0/10.... Thought we deserved something today tbf.

Roos 7 (WOW what a save in the 2nd half and done decent enough)

Christie 7

Keogh 6

Shotton 7

Warnock 6.5 (unlucky matey)

Omar (Done well but unlucky to subbed off)  

Hendrick 8 (Thought he worked his socks off today and deserved to keep his place for now though)

Bryson 7 (Done alright tbf)

Lingard 7 (Looked lively and should give another chance to start on Tuesday imo)

Bent 7 (Done everything as he could do today)

Dawkins 7

Subs

Fozzy 7  

Ward 6.5

Thomas (6.5 not much he could do)

Move on...

Can't argue with the red... For me throughout the game though... Didn't really let game flow. As I discussed earlier in week with Alpha... Got natural referees and manufactured ones. He's a manufactured one.

Thought we played well. 11 v 11 would have won comfortably...

You can tell Steve Clarke has been around Mourinho mind.

On the deck after nearly every challenge... Thought they dropped like flies.

Thought Dawkins was my MOM especially first half... A lot of our play went through him.

Lingard would be awesome through the middle for me. Or just behind the main striker... A faster version of Chris Commons would be my comparison...

Enjoyed despite the defeat... Reading ain't great but just managed to get job done against 10 men...

Good review Mafia;Dawks my MotM as well.

Played with 9 men really. Bryson was also sent off in the first minute?

Other than that there were plenty of positives and good performances. Was thinking of a big win when it was 11v11.

Simon Cox always has to play up to the crowd. Dude, you're rubbish.

All the pathetic time wasting and play acting is tragic. I hated it when we used to do it under Nigel. But against 10 men at 0-0? Jesus.

Going nowhere.

I can't agree re Bryson, thought he was always willing to take the ball, tried to keep us moving and played well for saying he's missed a lot of games recently.

If anyone went missing it was Hendrick, when will he ever win a 50/50, for a big guy never seems to dominate physically, and the bit at the end where Christie, finding himself isolated against 2 men, somehow finds Hendrick only for the brainless **** to play it straight back to his outnumbered colleague summed him up for me.

Onwards and upwards though.

Better team before and after the sending off.

Should have defended better throughout, but have no doubts about us winning that 11v11.

All the nonsense about making so many changes is ridiculous. We picked a team to win the game, and we certainly should've and would've.

If I was being nitpicky, my one problem today was taking Dawkins off for Ward. A very very strange decision. Playing with ten men, we needed a ball retainer that could hold it up and keep possession. That's my only whinge. My only think is that Macca got carried into the "We can win this!" attitude after we scored. 

If I was being nitpicky, my one problem today was taking Dawkins off for Ward. A very very strange decision. Playing with ten men, we needed a ball retainer that could hold it up and keep possession. That's my only whinge. My only think is that Macca got carried into the "We can win this!" attitude after we scored.

Yes, this was baffling. Dawkins was having a great game. And even the biggest Ward fan can admit he's been turgid for at least a month.

Fourth game of the season I have seen in person. Played four, lost four. Last game was Forest.

We gave it a good go with 10 men, nice to see McClaren go for it - would never criticise this after years of being bored seeing an ultra-conservative Clough bringing defenders on at 80 minutes etc.then us invariably losing anyway. Could of gone either way, today didn't go for us. Really am gutted though as I think we'd have put Reading to the sword with 11, needless sending off. Ref was crap for both teams, booking Mascarell early on for a tug set the tone.

Really grated me to see their time-wasting, we all do it but it was particulalry cynical today in my view, gesturing for the whole team to celebrate in the corner, stay there for as long and possible and goading us fans in that corner of the ground. Then 10 minutes of everybody being shot. Really impressed with our support today, outsung them at every avenue. Reading's support, sh**e as always, thought this being a big game for them would be a sell out given they have nothing else to play for?

Archived